Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Gnomad posted:

This one is local. If someone will buy my R1150GS I could make this happen.

Did you say R1150GS? What a coincidence, that is my favorite model aside from the old R80G/S. What year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Gnomad posted:

It was a 2000. Sold it to the second guy who looked at it. The first guy had said yes, but then decided he really wanted an RT.

The guy who bought it was a returning rider. He showed up to pick up the bike with a BMX helmet...I found him a helmet to use until he got himself a real one. From what I've heard, he's darn near living on the bike.

Excellent. Those ABS 1 1150s are a pretty fine machine. Glad to hear the fella is making good use of it.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Phat_Albert posted:

Its a Yamaha shaft drive, it'll be fine.

Hey, BMW drive shafts are great, if you are willing to meticulously maintain them, and are incredibly lucky. It's not like they blow seals for no reason ...loving constantly.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
wow, only 50% financing? You'd be a fool not to jump on that.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Z3n posted:

It's got candy in it, I'll take it! :neckbeard:

You should go ride a busa though. You'll understand then. It'd be badass, but at the same time, given how squirrely normal choppers are, I can't imagine how that thing's gonna handle with no rear suspension.

It's got a shock on the seat! That's just as good if not better than rear suspension.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

slidebite posted:

^^ don't forget "some lubricants"

Real gold?
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-touring-BMW-2002-R1200C-W0QQAdIdZ469707261

Market price seems to be a lot more, presuming mysterious ABS issue isn't a biggie.

Mysterious ABS issues? Wasn't 2002 during the ABS II years? I haven't heard anything good about ABS II.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
He loves it so much he's put ALMOST a thousand miles on it. Passionate loving guy there, I bet his wife is exhausted.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

What is a BMW K75 like?

Power up high on the tach, handle a little wierd but super comfortable. Lots and lots of tech. These things had ABS, Fuel Injection, heated grips, self canceling blinkers, front and rear disc brakes, the works - in like 1983 or whenever they came out.

The 750 engine is like the smoothest engine ever. Period. I swear to god you could forget it's running (also sounds drat good). Full factory stainless exhaust. Aluminum gas-tank. Well engineered kit.

Basically the K75 is a great machine, just a little heavy, has some weird handling characteristics.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

High Protein posted:

Why is it difficult to ride slowly?

I carries its weight poorly. Also the engine is effectively turned so that the pistons travel parrallel to the ground and it pulls on the bike somewhat.

They don't handle BAD, they're just... quirky.

For instance, mine one went into a head-shake... with new tires, good balance, setup suspension.. for no readily apperant reason, while i was all locked into a nice 65 MPH sweeper. On an overpass ... 100 feet over the highway below me.

That was rather unsettling.

But besides that it's been a loving great machine. Not to say I don't enjoy my triumph a lot more, the K75 will always hold a special place in my heart - and be the standard to my compulsive "Jesus Christ what is that loving sound!" paranoia I have on my Triumph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
11,000?!?

Apparently there's no such thing as depreciation if you don't ride your bike on planet garage queen.