Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
Is there anything out there like a "fantasy" trading simulator? I'd like to see if I can make good picks without actually risking money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

I'm expecting to get a painful throbbing hardon while I refresh Bloomberg.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

dougdrums posted:

$25 bucks is way too much, especially as 5% of the trade. If you just want to hold them with $1k I would suggest robinhood, etrade, or ally. It takes like 15 minutes to open an account with any of them. I think robinhood and etrade will let you do instant deposits. Robinhood has some free margin if you wanna juice your :10bux:.

ally has instant deposits too

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

my man have you heard about the dollar menu

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Yea they got rid of it here a longgg time ago

i think they are doing this now - https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/full-menu/123dollarmenu.html

pretty cheep

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

i agree with most of the comments about fb but i still use it for three reasons:
1. marketplace is one of the best ways to sell poo poo
2. everyone puts their events on there so it's pretty good for finding things to do
3. easily the best way to contact local businesses and find out whats going on with them, way more reliable than their actual embarrassing flash websites

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

greasyhands posted:

Ive got to say the most annoying thing about all this tariff poo poo is the fact that Trump still apparently doesn't understand how Tariff's even work. He bragged in his tweets this morning that the tariffs were bringing in billions of dollars for the US. Does he genuinely not understand who pays the tariffs? Is he actually so arrogant and close minded that none of his staff have corrected him yet? How is this even possible?

"....I am a Tariff Man. When people or countries come in to raid the great wealth of our Nation, I want them to pay for the privilege of doing so. It will always be the best way to max out our economic power. We are right now taking in $billions in Tariffs. MAKE AMERICA RICH AGAIN"

I mean, what in the gently caress is wrong with him?

the answer is brain worms/spiders

report to the c-spam trump thread for re-education, citizen

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

wasn't the news the 38 tweets last night about their financial situation? they are postponing reporting earnings and need to restate back to 2014

edit: fixed a bunch of poo poo and added the tweet - you gotta check their whole timeline because they didn't thread it
https://twitter.com/arrayit/status/1112551935943467008

Mad Wack fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 2, 2019

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Lmao how is GME stable at 120$. Madness.

haha it's not

it's stable at 135 :evilbuddy:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Cacafuego posted:

I like Ally invest simply because they reimbursed for the transfer from RH, they gave a $200 bonus for transferring my account over, and I already have a savings account with them, so when I transfer $ from ally savings to invest, it only takes a minute and I’m super impatient. I’m sure the actual brokerages have better trading apps/sites and more info, but this suits me fine.

E: also, they gave me level 4 options, so that allows me to sell puts covered by margin as well as covered calls, which allows me to put those premiums back into stonks

Ally Invest was solid during the gamestop fiasco too - they had some website problems but they provided workarounds when other platforms were straight up down - they also didn't limit my trading or mess with my ability to buy and sell

their app is not the best but they are legit brokerage and they haven't hosed me yet

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Mederlock posted:

Hey folks, What's the best live stock price tracker for us Poor's who don't want to pay (much) for it?

investing.com is good too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Red posted:

I'm seeing lots of red numbers. This seems bad.

thats just what number looks like while it is charging its super jump