Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

this was my favorite version

(also my favorite dumb thing about the bathroom is that the wallpaper is upside down. it's subtle, but if you know you know)

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
that's the 3D mockup, was it upside down in the real construction

e: I'm wrong, lol, yes it is

bEatmstrJ posted:

I made a conscious decision to install it in that direction because I personally think it looks better that way.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 12, 2024

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The band's principal songwriter Brian Wilson was reportedly obsessed with the song, having recorded more than a dozen versions of the tune.[5] Beach Boy Al Jardine speculated that Wilson's obsession with the song may have begun after co-writing the song "Ding Dang" with the Byrds' Roger McGuinn in the early 1970s.[6]

Numerous anecdotes have been reported about Wilson's obsession with the song:

Alex Chilton, the former lead singer of Big Star, recalled receiving middle-of-the-night phone calls from Wilson asking him to sing on a recording of "Shortenin' Bread"' ("He was telling me I have the perfect voice for it").[7]

The Monkees' Micky Dolenz said that when he tripped on LSD with Wilson, John Lennon, and Nilsson, Wilson played "Shortenin' Bread" on piano "over and over again".[5]

Biographer Peter Ames Carlin wrote that Elton John and Iggy Pop were bemused by an extended, contumacious Wilson-led singalong of "Shortenin' Bread", leading Pop to flee the room proclaiming, "I gotta get out of here, man. This guy is nuts!"[8]

Musician Alice Cooper recalled that Wilson considered "Shortnin' Bread" to be the greatest song ever written. According to Cooper, when he asked why, Wilson responded "I don't know, it's just the best song ever written."[9]

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

wa27 posted:

The band's principal songwriter Brian Wilson was reportedly obsessed with the song, having recorded more than a dozen versions of the tune.[5] Beach Boy Al Jardine speculated that Wilson's obsession with the song may have begun after co-writing the song "Ding Dang" with the Byrds' Roger McGuinn in the early 1970s.[6]

Numerous anecdotes have been reported about Wilson's obsession with the song:

Alex Chilton, the former lead singer of Big Star, recalled receiving middle-of-the-night phone calls from Wilson asking him to sing on a recording of "Shortenin' Bread"' ("He was telling me I have the perfect voice for it").[7]

The Monkees' Micky Dolenz said that when he tripped on LSD with Wilson, John Lennon, and Nilsson, Wilson played "Shortenin' Bread" on piano "over and over again".[5]

Biographer Peter Ames Carlin wrote that Elton John and Iggy Pop were bemused by an extended, contumacious Wilson-led singalong of "Shortenin' Bread", leading Pop to flee the room proclaiming, "I gotta get out of here, man. This guy is nuts!"[8]

Musician Alice Cooper recalled that Wilson considered "Shortnin' Bread" to be the greatest song ever written. According to Cooper, when he asked why, Wilson responded "I don't know, it's just the best song ever written."[9]

profoundly not worthless, this is amazing

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
In November 2023, Wozniak suffered a minor stroke while preparing to speak at a conference in Mexico City. He was hospitalized briefly before returning home.[166][167]

Wozniak became a Serbian citizen in December 2023. He said that he and his wife Janet, who is also getting a passport, will from now on ″promote″ Serbia while living in the U.S.[168][169]

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

goblin week posted:

In November 2023, Wozniak suffered a minor stroke while preparing to speak at a conference in Mexico City. He was hospitalized briefly before returning home.[166][167]

Wozniak became a Serbian citizen in December 2023. He said that he and his wife Janet, who is also getting a passport, will from now on ″promote″ Serbia while living in the U.S.[168][169]

is that the same wife he was talking about training like a dog by stealing her car keys?

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
One of the earliest designs is the Tetrapod, invented in 1950. Other proprietary designs include the Modified Cube (United States, 1959), the Stabit (United Kingdom, 1961), the Akmon (The Netherlands, 1962), the Dolos (South Africa, 1963), the Stabilopod [ro] (Romania, 1969),[7] the Seabee (Australia, 1978), the Accropode (France, 1981), the Hollow Cube (Germany, 1991), the A-jack (United States, 1998), the Xbloc (The Netherlands, 2001) and KOLOS (India, 2010) among others.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
Sumner and the drummer, Stephen Morris, learnt how to use the sampler by spending hours recording their flatulence.[13]

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ColTim posted:

Sumner and the drummer, Stephen Morris, learnt how to use the sampler by spending hours recording their flatulence.[13]

New Odor

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

interior design is my passion

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

for anyone somehow unaware, the story of that bathroom renovation is up there with groverhaus in terms of lols

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
The etymology of the subfamily name derives from the ancient greek words θαυματόεις (thaumatóeis, 'marvelous') and ποιέω (poiéō, 'to do') and literally means showing beautiful things.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Sweevo posted:

for anyone somehow unaware, the story of that bathroom renovation is up there with groverhaus in terms of lols

I remember it was about trying to raise his homes value and attract women right? And at some point he cut a notch or something in a manufactured I beam and ruined the structural integrity of the floor? Do you have a link to the thread it was incredible

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

it was a full "this is the optimum design to attract :females: and increase value" thing

original thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813464

final results start here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3819901&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=168#post492921243

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 13, 2024

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Of beauty she only has her name (Priscilla) and the tasty taste of her pig meat, but the latter could be enjoyed only by killing it and eating it.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Sweevo posted:

it was a full "this is the optimum design to attract :females: and increase value" thing

original thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813464

final results start here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3819901&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=168#post492921243

Fantastic thank you

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Branch Nvidian posted:

ah, yes, the bathDOOM

bump_fn posted:

what doom 3 mod is this

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Knee Deep in the Joists

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Of beauty she only has her name (Priscilla) and the tasty taste of her pig meat, but the latter could be enjoyed only by killing it and eating it.

This has some real "my dear old blood" / "the angel stabbed them thirteen times, with its sword" energy

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
Soda jerking was dominated by popular young men with loud personalities and good people skills because of the popular environment and "cool" association.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Beavis in some episodes also transforms into a character called "Cornholio" who often shouts things like "Bunghole". He becomes Cornholio when he has an overdose of sugar and has a sugar rush. It is not known how or why he becomes Cornholio but there are lots of theories about it.[citation needed]

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
gee, thanks

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Off in one of the many unexplored areas of the world, maybe one day we can discover what else is out there :unsmith:

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Petanque posted:

gee, thanks

here be dragons

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinomoto_Oniko

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The model name was derived from the fact that these units were used to generate the White House letters informing families of the deaths of service personnel in the war.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Only two were produced; one was delivered to the Army and is presumed lost, and the other is in the private collection of Scott Evans,[31][32] who found it by a dumpster in the rear parking lot at Midway Games.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
"It's a fond legend of fandom that if an SF editor got his hands on the Old and New Testaments, they'd be published as War God of Israel and The Thing With Three Souls.
— Dave Langford, SFX, issue #81, August 2001[1]

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Gummies are available in a wide variety of shapes, most commonly seen as colorful depictions of living things such as bears, babies, or worms.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

An achievement in Halo: The Master Chief Collection called "Can't Stop Here, This is Brute Country" is a reference to the line "We can't stop here, this is bat country" from the book and the 1998 film.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

if you have a chance to read "the real frank zappa book", i strongly recommend it. very pleasant reading

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
Described as a "supergun", the infernal machine was designed to fire 25 rifle barrels at the same time.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm going to invent a gun that fire 26 rifle barrels at the same time.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

lmao

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

ah, the chicago typewriter

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Later, some blamed the entire incident on two people who had been playing cards in the pews during the sermon, thereby incurring God's wrath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Sagebrush posted:

What are you gonna do, shoot the rifle? Or the big gun? Or the big gun that when it shoots, it shoots rifles at me?