Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_faucet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I love how well-cited this article is.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

julian assflange posted:

Its unlikely to be aired over here. Is it worth downloading at all or is it only ok?

yes you should, but the first season is kinda weak

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Knuckles is one of the series' most popular characters, although some have voiced disapproval of the Sonic series' extensive cast of characters and singled out Knuckles as ushering them in.[9]

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

prefect posted:

The Isle of Wight (/waɪt/) is a county and the largest and second-most populous island in England.

how is england not the largest island in england?

Because England isn't the same thing as Britain.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sagebrush posted:

The world's largest display model of a Ukrainian sausage is a roadside attraction in Mundare, Alberta, the home of Stawnichy's Meat Processing.[12][13]

This is very valuable information to me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"Is this more substantive, Mike? 'Could there be more goose poop in my front yard?'"
"No!"
"No, it couldn’t be more substantive, or no, there couldn’t be more goose poop in my front yard?"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I hate when that happens.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is like the opposite of what this thread should be about.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Malleum posted:

Charles T. James developed a rifled projectile and rifling system. Modern authorities such as Warren Ripley and James Hazlett have suggested that the term "James rifle" only properly applies to 3.8 in (97 mm) bore field artillery pieces rifled to fire James' projectiles. They contend that the term does not apply to smoothbores that were later rifled to take the James projectiles in 3.67 in (93 mm) caliber or other calibers, and that those should instead be referred to as "Rifled 6 (or other) pounder", etc.[1][2]

I work in a field where this argument actually matters :lol: kill me

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Carthag Tuek posted:

i dont know what id call that style of music. not celtic.

grade school musical theatre maybe?

Bad.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Soricidus posted:

Acts of regicide were frowned upon,

[citation needed]

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
speaking of images, here's a specific kind of fast food burger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkers_and_Rally%27s#/media/File:Big_Buford_burger_from_Checkers.jpg

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lutha Mahtin posted:

try and guess what it is before clicking

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chome

I guessed it was something to do with anime and I wasn't technically wrong

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Kool-Aid pickles or "koolickles", enjoyed by children in parts of the Southern United States,[22] are created by soaking dill pickles in a mixture of Kool-Aid and pickle brine.

This makes purple drank sound like Chateau Lafite Rothschild

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
There's a wikipedia article that's a huge tabular list of fictional vampires and facts about them and Count Chocula and the Count from Sesame Street both have entries. Count Chocula's weakness is becoming soggy in milk.

I actually find this very funny but there isn't "post unintentionally brilliant things you can find on Wikipedia" thread.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Guess Lowtax found a job at last.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't want to just dump an entire page ITT but just look at this bullshit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Puppet_Master_characters

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

what a bunch of Zouchebags

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

prefect posted:

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency warns consumers not to use radioactive glazed ceramics for food or drink use.[13]

Good ol' Fiestaware.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
A screwdriver with apple juice instead of orange juice is an "Anita Bryant Cocktail".[9] Bryant was an American singer and spokeswoman for the Florida Citrus Commission during the 1960s and 1970s.[10] Starting in 1977, she became an anti-gay rights activist.[11] Because Bryant promoted orange juice, the gay community retaliated by boycotting it.[12] Gay bars across North America stopped serving screwdrivers[13] and invented this cocktail to replace it.[9] The sales and proceeds of the cocktail went to gay rights activists and helped fund their work against Bryant.[9] The campaign was ultimately successful as Bryant's activism damaged her musical and business career.[11][10] Her contract with the Florida Citrus Commission was left to expire in 1980 after they stated she was "worn out" as a spokesperson.[10][14] After that, gay bars started selling screwdrivers again.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I prefer the domestic small children myself.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
mods namechange to Unusually Shaped Vegetable

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ol' Dirty Bastard mentioned Tastykake in his song "Brooklyn Zoo" saying, "As I create, rhymes good as a Tastykake."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teh

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

remember when you got mad that people were making fun of the Crucifixion in Anime section of a wiki article?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

awesomeolion posted:

In An Extremely Goofy Movie, Goofy suffers from empty nest syndrome after his son Max departs for college. During his work hours at the toy assembly line, Goofy's sadness results in him being careless and eventually resulting in him inadvertently causing a massive explosion in the factory leading to Goofy getting fired from his job.

THE OPPOSITE READING IS TRUE! THE OPPOSITE READING IS TRUE!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Fake and replica foods are used in many ways, such as props for backgrounds in movies, television shows, theatrical plays, television commercials, print ads, and trade shows.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Singer Martha Reeves fake eating a blue crab

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Carthag Tuek posted:

Unlike the previous film, there's no smothering and only one death sequence involves her [[Breast fetishism|monstrous breasts]].

It's a bad sign when I can identify what article this is despite having never read it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Contrary to cenote cavern diving, cenote cave diving requires special equipment and training (certification for cave diving).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The level of minimum documentation for a minimum scope organization has been greatly reduced, going from ISO 9001:2000 to ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

that portrait gallery is actually pretty impressive, dude photographed everyone from John Lewis to Tera Patrick to Oliver Sacks

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
thank god there's two illustrations for the wedgie article

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A lot of the article, especially the more modern era information, is incredibly Eurocentric (maybe Eurasiancentric) and just barely touches on other cultures. I've added the {{Globalize|section}} tags to the sections that I feel are the worst offenders. -- Primium (talk) 04:49, 24 March 2021 (UTC)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ultravoices posted:

i had forgotten that particular racist joke, thanks for reminding me about the tight obscenity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vK2kScsa2Q

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

darthbob88 posted:

I'm writing a round of trivia about various -ologies, and found this, which is not worthless, but still needs to be posted here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index_of_branches_of_science :black101:

And it's a real thing too.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wrong thread.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Although the doughnut's popularity made it natural choice, few (if any) other US states have state doughnuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FMguru posted:

bonus points if you knew exactly what scene in what movie that was referring to without looking it up

I guessed it was Dawn of the Dead, which had another head explosion. Gary Zeller supervised the effects on that too.