Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Animale
Sep 30, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

I watched the pilot of New Girl since it's on Netflix. Between finding Zooey Deschanel's character extremely grating, and Coach being replaced (by someone who must be inferior, simply by not being Damon Wayans Jr.) is it worth trying a few seasons? My sister says it gets better, but her taste is pretty questionable.

It does get a lot better once they decide to make it more of an ensemble comedy instead of focusing on Jess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Drew: The Man Behind the Poster is a great look at the life and work of Drew Struzan, a man who has created more movie posters and album covers than you'd probably expect. The whole movie is almost too understated, too modest for the sheer vastness of this artist's talent. He's just incredible and nothing I say will do it justice.

While Drew Struzan is a wonderful artist, I felt the movie was a bit too self-congratulatory. The part that was most interesting to me was him getting swindled by his former business partner but the movie sadly didn't spend much time on that before moving to his next art gig.

• Locked thread