Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

fork bomb posted:

Anyone like stand up?

Tom Segura recently uploaded a special.

Morgan Murphy is really deadpan and funny.

John Mulaney is good, too.

I've also recently watched and enjoyed a four-part documentary series called "America in Primetime" which explores four television tropes: man of the house, the independent woman, the misfit, and the crusader.

That John Mulaney show is amazing and I can't believe I never heard of the guy before watching that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

I watched Supernatural until I realized I was mostly enjoying the music, the car, and the road trip. Do they still play classic rock in later seasons or did that get too expensive?

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

I just saw Street Thief and thought it was really good for a low-budget, unknown movie. Spoiler of the obvious: It's not a documentary. Heck, netflix lists it as a thriller and the star is the director. But I don't think that detracted much from the film, especially after reading a couple of film festival interviews.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

SeaQuest DSV is on netflix. It's mid-90s NBC sci-fi and perfect poo poo to watch and laugh at.

It's a show that a lot of people have vague memories of, but thought it was a whiskey fever dream. Nope, that show exists. It feels more like a parody of TV sci-fi, like something you'd find on adult swim.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Medullah posted:

Well House *IS* a rip off of Sherlock Holmes...House/Homes..

Okay fine but you've got to admit that Sherlock is a total rip-off of Elementary. They just changed the hot chick into a lame guy.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Leper Residue posted:

I liked TPB for a while, but after hearing what terrible shitheads they actually were to the other actors and crew, I kind of wish they'd get nothing. loving burn.

Edit: http://saintjohnshawn.com/2007/06/13/trailer-park-boys-what-really-happened-to-corey-and-trevor/

The actor who wrote that (Michael Jackson) backpedaled and retracted that poo poo like crazy once his castmates called him on it. If that relatively tame behind the scenes drama is keeping you from watching the show, then you better stop watching all TV and movies ever.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Guys, Revolution is an absolutely perfect show... to not give a poo poo about missing.

It is a fantastic drama to have on when you want to watch TV but also want to do something else at the same time so you can pretend like you're a big multitasker, when in reality you'll look up during the credits and think, "Well, I missed 40 out of 43 minutes but I don't really care." This is a bit ironic considering that it's a show about the end of the world, a massive event, with far-reaching consequences and war and big drat epic drama things! And the audience watches this with the same amount of interest as reruns of Yes, Dear.

The next time you need to do something important and are looking for some noise to keep the terrible silence away from your brain, turn off the NPR and turn on an episode of Revolution. The terrible plots, acting, and production can make even the biggest moron feel intellectually superior.

Revolution: It's better than nothing.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Probably because it just got added to netflix

It's also the exact sort of movie that we goons seem to like to talk about, but the Snowpiercer thread is long dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

cheerfullydrab posted:

Third and final season of Borgia just recently came up. If you haven't seen it, it's awesome. Not to be confused with The Borgias, which sucks. The best way I can describe Borgia is it really strongly reminds me of all those historical tv miniseries that used to be on Masterpiece Theater in the 90's, but with more sex and violence. If that sounds like something you'd like check it out today.

I've never even heard of this, probably because I thought it was The Borgias. Apparently it's made by the guy who created HBO's Oz, Tom Fontana.

Sold!

Also, like Oz, I expect every single fresh-faced actor in the series will be a Hollywood standard within 10 years.

• Locked thread