Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Opopanax posted:

Netflix Canada does

I'm using Hola to get netflix, and the differences between the Canada netflix and US netflix are still wierd. CA has the last season of Archer, US doesnt. CA Netflix has a bunch of cool 80's movies like Robocop, that US netflix doesnt. The hell is going on with copyright that this stuff happens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

TracerBullet posted:

The hardest I laughed were the momentary 'animal' jokes you'd sometimes catch in the background.

That, and the show running with it when introducing 'Vanessa Gekko'.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is on canadian Netflix, and it's surprisingly good. I'm not exactly a fan of Andy Samberg, but it works really well with Braugher's deadpan.

Fishstick has a new favorite as of 15:40 on Sep 4, 2014

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I tried really hard to get into Brooklyn Nine Nine and just don't find it funny at all. Painfully unfunny even.

Are 4 episodes not enough to judge it fairly?

To each their own, four episodes should be plenty to see if you like it.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

vvvv Too bad. I was hoping it picked up. I need a new show now that 30 Rock and Community are gone.

If you haven't yet - tho its not netflix - check out Rick & Morty. All the episodes are free to view on adultswim, and it's made by Dan Harmon (Community) and Justin Roiland (VA for Adventure time and Gravity Falls). One or two episodes should be enough to know if you're into it, though it should be said that a lot of people get turned off by the amount of belching in the first - which is toned down in later episodes. Personally I think it's one of the best stuff AdultSwim has put out lately.

If you dont like animation, there's Parks & Recreation or Arrested Development. Personally, I loved 30 rock and Community and couldn't get into P&R, but ymmv. There's also IT crowd, which is also on Netflix and is a quality British sitcom.

Fishstick has a new favorite as of 18:53 on Sep 4, 2014

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Edminster posted:

Seconding this. It's pretty fun and has thoroughly convinced me that Dee Bradley Baker is some sort of laryngeal warlock.

I caught it the other day and really only started watching because of John Dimaggio, but it turned out to be a pretty fun watch. It's well done in that it touches on a lot of the misconceptions on VA work, as well as backstories on how some of them got in the business.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

A bit late, but Particle Fever is a great documentary about the search for the Higgs Boson, starting from the construction of the LHC. I've been putting off watching it, but it put a human face on CERN and really made me root for Higgs's discovery finally being proven decades later.

Also, Peaky Blinders is on US Netflix now. Former BBC series, a crime family (the peaky blinders - blind those who see, cut the tongues of those who tell) coping with a crackdown of police in 1919 England. Best I can describe it, while doing the series a lot of detriment,"Sopranos in 1920's England". It's a really good crime show, in a great historic setting. Sam Neill pulls off the British detective quite well, and Cillian Murphy does a good job of portraying the scary british gang boss.

Fishstick has a new favorite as of 00:12 on Oct 11, 2014

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Oldstench posted:

Unrelated, watch Grabbers.

And if you liked Grabbers, then you'll like Big rear end Spider!; it's a stupid, over the top, cheesy, low budget B-movie buddy cop/creature feature that's really fun to watch.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I think that only gets added the 22nd.

Edit: Strange. They just announced a whole list of movies and release dates like a week ago.

Saw it a few days ago, it's definitely on there. It's also a good movie.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

There is some good nostalgia that came out this week: Arachnophobia, The burbs, The Rocketeer and Robocop 2/3

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

The other Netflix thread suggested Filth. You should go watch it, because it's really good.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

coyo7e posted:

The Host is excellent, and Kang-ho Song is a great actor.

I'd been eyeing The Host for a while now, but I finally got around to watching it with these latest recommendations and it was worth it.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Peaky blinders season 2 just popped up today .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Season 3 of Lilyhammer just showed up, as well as Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. Both are good series; agents of shield is really well done and even if you're not that much into Superhero stuff it's still a good series.

• Locked thread