Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dead Reckoning posted:

I mean, we can't rule out that BwaBD has 1080p footage of a man, who believes that anything more than minimum coverage is for suckers, brutally running over BwaBD's family in his fully paid off Hummer towing his fully paid off power boat named "Ne$$$t Egg" while backing out of the driveway of his fully paid off second home.

This is honestly likely to not be that far from the truth. Maybe the guy is smart and has a poo poo ton of coverage or maybe the guy is an idiot and is in the process of running a business left to him by his parents into the ground and the only reason he's been able to stay above water is because the land they left him is free and clear. Or maybe it's past that stage and is no longer free and clear because Tom Selleck convinced him to get a reverse mortgage. We just don't know at this point.

There are definitely grievous injuries and 1080p footage though, check out the rear dash cam:

Dash Cam Footage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Thanatosian posted:

View protection is the stupidest loving poo poo.

False.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Views are good and should be protected

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If I post pictures of my wrecked truck on SA what are the chances that opposing counsel finds them and then enters my entire posting history into the court record as evidence that the defendant was in fact doing the world a service when he tried to murder me?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I have numerous lawsuits in the planning stages for the many, many people that have wronged me. One is currently fully under way, and the next one is at the interviewing lawyers stage.

I assume it's good idea to tackle these one at a time because opposing counsel will find this out and say "Look, this dude is super loving litigious he doesn't deserve the 1.2m he's asking for"?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Kalman posted:

this is the “bbbbbbbut my view gonna sue the HOA” and “I’m a staff member who was ‘wrestling’ with a student and she got injured” guy.

False. Prepare to be litigized.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Kalman posted:

this is the “bbbbbbbut my view gonna sue the HOA” and “I’m a staff member who was ‘wrestling’ with a student and she got injured” guy.

My view is indisputably worth five figures. If an HOA came along and destroyed your 2011 Hyundai Elantra would you not feel you were owed recompense?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I've had plenty of clients who stupidly spoke harmful lies because they erroneously thought it would help their case, when actually their best defense was the real truth.

Could you give some vague or hypothetical if necessary examples of this? It seems like a great intersection of interesting/informative/schadenfreude.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

blarzgh posted:

Civil case, opposing party, he was squatting on the deceased parents estate, and cutting himself big fat chicks out of the state of trust account.

He got caught, and we asked him about the first check for $60,000, he called it his "executor fees."

if he'd said it was for the boat he immediately bought thereafter, it would have just been a distribution, and his share of the estate would have been simply reduced by that amount. but instead, because he lied and called it an executor fee, he committed a fraud on the estate because executive fees were not permitted by statue without a court order. So that only does he have to pay the money back, he gets sanctioned, it has to pay our attorney's fees for making him give the money back.

Oh, and he also cut a $20,000 check later to the IRS, and when we asked him about that he said, "it's for the taxes."

"What taxes? The estate doesn't have any taxes."

"No for the taxes that had to get paid on my executor fee."

"so you paid yourself because you had taxes of the money you paid yourself?"

"No, I just paid the taxes on my executor fee."

"With another executor fee? That you didn't report as income? How is that not tax fraud?

"Uhhh"

lol, that's the stuff

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If I'm in a two party state but the person I'm telephoning is in a one party state can I legally record them?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Also same question except instead of a telephone call it is a Chaturbate Private Show

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I dunno packing seems potentially sexual so it sounds better to me

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What if they fire you because they suspect you masturbate several times a day in the (single occupancy) restroom but they don’t have any actual proof

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

“If you don’t want to pay American healthcare prices why don’t you as an alternative consider just laying down in the gutter and dying.”

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I screwed up and failed to move out of the country prior to getting in a car accident. None of the medical professionals that treated me after the accident explained to me that my only two options were "medical bankruptcy" or "death."

Do I have any legal recourse here or since I am currently still alive is it sufficient proof that I chose the medical bankruptcy option?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Are bees animals

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nice piece of fish posted:

Lmao loving bulk discount. What did he go to the Costco of coke? Cokestco?

There's only one group of people I know that get "bulk discounts" for illegal drugs and those people are organized drug dealers.

E: loving juries. Glad we got rid of them.

Exactly how much experience do you have purchasing large quantities of illegal drugs?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nice piece of fish posted:

Nice try, officer.

:lol: :hf:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

feelix posted:

I don't think this is universally true, and would depend on if my health insurance (which is decent, not the cheapest policy I could find or anything) covers healthcare costs beyond my PIP, which probably depends on state laws? Another thing to research.

E: looks like in Florida health insurance works for car accidents after the auto insurance is exhausted

Did you check with your not the cheapest health insurance company to see if every hospital, ambulance, and life flight company everywhere you might travel is in network?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

feelix posted:

Many aren't, but my out-of-network out-of-pocket maximum is 12k so much, much lower than "six figures". Is there some fine print that ambulance rides aren't included in that?

Google “balance billing.”

I bet your insurance doesn’t work how you think it does.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Here’s how I predict your hypothetical getting life flighted by an out of network provider in a coma scenario would work out:

Your insurance company bills this as in network because it to an emergency, as required by the ACA.

Which means they only pay the in network rate, which is probably about 11 grand.

The life flighter, since they don’t have a fee agreement with your insurance provider, is not constrained in how much they can bill you, which means they’re probably going to bill you about 70 grand.

You are, personally, on the hook for that $59,000 disparity.

Whether or not I am correct is between you and your insurance coverage paperwork but I would not gamble on your out of network out of pocket maximum protecting you from costs above the allowed amount for a service that a provider may charge. Covered charges apply to OOP maximums. Non covered charges do not, and these are going to be non covered charges.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ok OP you can keep your lovely insurance, maybe, as long as you never venture outside the state of Florida and/or you wait until after the end of this year to get into an accident.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

DaveSauce posted:

Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say.

God forbid anyone mention the laws that specifically address the conversation at hand in the legal questions thread. That would just be silly.

I’m not saying that’s what you were trying to say I’m saying that’s literally what he needs to keep in mind if he’s going to continue having trash insurance.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

feelix posted:

Come on dude this is kinda dumb too. I'm joking, I don't think it's really possible to quantitatively determine the right level of insurance, it's gonna be subjective no matter what. For me its worth getting better insurance at this point just for peace of mind.

This is actually my second not-at-fault accident in like 14 months (talk about sampling bias) so now I'm just a nervous wreck when I drive and having good insurance would help. The other accident my car was alnost totaled, and it was actually a really smooth and easy experience to get it fixed because I got hit by a rental car so I was dealing with a good insurance company that wanted to get poo poo done quick.

I knew all this before I entered this thread and gained basically nothing from these rear end in a top hat lawyers jumping down my throat. I guess maybe they pushed me more towards getting UIM, I would have gotten collision for sure either way. It's certainly not what I asked and I made it clear in my very first post that I realized my mistake and was going to get better insurance. But lawyer assholes just needed to make themselves feel superior

This thread is indisputably full of assholes but you do realize you have like 50 probes for being an angry miserable rear end in a top hat, right?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I just assumed the fact that he drives a 2003 Kia meant he was judgment proof and therefore wasn’t worried about other people’s property damage.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Mar 2, 2021

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The alternative is that he’s incredibly loving stupid so tbh I feel like I was making the most kind interpretation of the facts at hand.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

null_pointer posted:

This thread made me check my property damage limits. It was 50k but I upped it to 100k, which cost all of 4 bucks. Thank you paranoid legal goons.

The accident I was recently in the guys property coverage wouldn’t even cover my truck let alone the 4 other vehicles he damaged so this is a wise maneuver on your part imo. 100k woulda been enough I think, and it was a seriously horrible accident like basically as bad as you can get without killing someone.

10k wouldn’t have even covered my camera equipment that was damaged/destroyed in the accident.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SkunkDuster posted:

How do they figure out coverage in those accidents on icy roads where like 80 cars are all piling up and slamming into each other?

I assume nearly everyone files against their own insurance. A lot of the people are guilty of driving too fast for conditions, failure to maintain control, etc. Gonna probably be tough to prove otherwise without a dash cam.

My grandpa used to tell a story about an accident he was in started by a car plowing into someone at a stoplight that chain reactioned 3 or 4 other cars in front of the guy that causes it where everyone had to pay for the damage to the car in front of them. I always suspected he was misremembering but I dunno maybe people were really stupid in the 70s or whenever.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dead Reckoning posted:

California seems to be this way.

Is there any sort of objective limitations to this or is it set in stone (or, worse, up the police investigators discretion)?

Because if I was in CA at a light and got plowed into by an idiot on a cell phone doing 50 I would be plenty pissed to have the guy in front of me’s insurance coming after me because I didn’t maintain the ~100 yard spacing that it’d actually take to not get pushed into him.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tbh now that I think more about the grandpa story, he might have been bitching about getting in an accident while vacationing in CA. Gonna have to mark it as plausible at least.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

EwokEntourage posted:

Sorry, are you one of the several vets we have talked to about this matter?

Yes.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

Suppositories are better than the cream for internal application.

Prove it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My pet hippo needs to spend half his time outdoors trampling and goring people or he gets a urinary tract infection.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dawncloack posted:

She's had enough of her husband's immaturity, lazyness, passive aggression, snoring and heavy drinking.

You can tell Emily that I’m not going anywhere, that equipment is mine, and I’ll sign the divorce papers over my cold dead body

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

daslog posted:

Doesn't his insurance company provide one?

Probably not, if the damages exceed the policy limits, which sounds pretty likely in this case.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It was fairly easy for me to get the police report of the accident I was in (I had to fill out a form and was supposed to pay like $5 via paper check and then they'd snail mail me a copy of the report but then they ended up waiving the fee and just emailing me a PDF). It was actually more difficult for my lawyer to get a copy of the police report than it was for me but ymmv.

It took them about 3 weeks to finish the report though and then the report was basically crap. Didn't ask a lot of fairly obvious questions and collected contact information from two non-involved witnesses but then never actually bothered to interview them. This was also in a very rural location though like I assume the investigating officer was the sheriff's niece or something.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What are you gonna do? Sue them over 3 months worth of 5% of your wages getting put into a retirement plan that you're not fond of?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

my kinda ape posted:

Fast forward a little over a month to this morning when the loving gun shows up in the mail, directly to my house, shipped as a C&R item! What the hell.

literally lolled, was not expecting that turn of events.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

rocks are prettier than trees case dismissed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

why would anyone care about 8% iron when there's enormous geodes full of diamonds down there