Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

fyallm posted:

I really do miss the Underoath '04-06 years music these days... Is anyone doing anything similar? Some Writing On The Walls or Reinveting Your Exit...

It's funny, Capsize just released a new song with some serious Underoath vibes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxe5kJOcf0w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Yeah I got the vibes, not enough though =(

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

fyallm posted:

Yeah I got the vibes, not enough though =(

What exactly are you looking for? There are still bands jocking the whole heavy verse/clean chorus setup like Blessthefall, We Came as Romans, Memphis May Fire, The Word Alive etc.

EDIT: Can't forget The Amity Affliction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWTF17JwGSY

Eight Is Legend fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 15, 2015

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Eight Is Legend posted:

What exactly are you looking for? There are still bands jocking the whole heavy verse/clean chorus setup like Blessthefall, We Came as Romans, Memphis May Fire, The Word Alive etc.

EDIT: Can't forget The Amity Affliction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWTF17JwGSY

Im not sure to be honest. I do like all those bands you mentioned. Never heard of amity affliction, I will check them out!

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

They are great, but I would start with the album 'Chasing Ghosts' or the one before that 'Youngbloods', both these are really great. The latest one 'Let the Ocean take me' isn't as good in my opinion and there very first one is a bit different to their current sound.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Cloud the Cat posted:

They are great, but I would start with the album 'Chasing Ghosts' or the one before that 'Youngbloods', both these are really great. The latest one 'Let the Ocean take me' isn't as good in my opinion and there very first one is a bit different to their current sound.

Oh wow, youngbloods is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks!!

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Nice!! It's a great album :D

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Saw the Silverstein and Senses Fail last night, man they kicked rear end. But Senses Fail is really slipping... They use to be my #1 band and Silverstein was a close second, but man Silverstein is wayyyyyyyyy out front now...

The energy of the crowd blew up when Silverstein came on. Woke up this morning with bruises on my arm and ringing in the ears.. I miss that.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
New Saosin track :woop: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc449MVJep0

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Really, really good - stoked on their upcoming record!

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
That opening is insanely catchy.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Thief Club has just re-released their old album. All the old tracks, but a lot of new ones as well! I don't know where to find it other than Spotify, but I definitely recommend it. One of my favorite pop-punk bands. Also a solo project from the vocalist of Hit The Lights.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'm disappointed in this thread for not telling me there was a new Bayside song out (and a new album on the way)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTm0waNgKZA

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Brand New have released another song that's quite unlike their stuff from TDAGARIM and Daisy, titled "I Am a Nightmare" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28YFesvcLS8. The sound is a bit like Alkaline Trio but the lyrics are very Brand New.

They're going on tour in a few weeks with Modest Mouse. Anyone know what they're like live? Will the crowds just be angsty girls who never grew out of their teenage years?

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 16, 2016

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Suicide Watch posted:

Brand New have released another song that's quite unlike their stuff from TDAGARIM and Daisy, titled "I Am a Nightmare" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28YFesvcLS8. The sound is a bit like Alkaline Trio but the lyrics are very Brand New.

They're going on tour in a few weeks with Modest Mouse. Anyone know what they're like live? Will the crowds just be angsty girls who never grew out of their teenage years?

I wasn't interested in seeing them til that last sentence.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

I saw them live last year in Madrid, they were really good. Alot of extra guitar work/solos which really pumped the songs up. Crowd was a mix of everyone, mostly older guys to be honest.

Really recommend going if you can.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I've seen Brand New like 7 times over the years and it rules. Jesse Lacey has a knack for putting everything into his vocals, and the band just kills it live.

I'll be seeing them three times in California during this Modest Mouse co-headlining tour, which is gonna loving rule.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
ayy yo been liking these dudes the last few months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUs2tpPUSFI
Pretty much some happy hardcore in the year of our lord 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBct1_wxJaQ
Some aus bros doing some kinda emo poo poo

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
As It Is are American/British :) still good, though!

What are people's opinions on the new blink-182 record? Personally I couldn't be happier about it - it's exactly as good, if not even better, than I could've hoped for.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Eight Is Legend posted:

As It Is are American/British :) still good, though!

What are people's opinions on the new blink-182 record? Personally I couldn't be happier about it - it's exactly as good, if not even better, than I could've hoped for.

I dig it. It's not my favorite blink album (is it anyone's?), but there are some really solid tracks on it.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I wasn't really interested in it at all but gave it a listen on Spotify out of curiosity...and it's actually really fun. Nothing that you haven't already heard but i'm digging it.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

XIII posted:

I dig it. It's not my favorite blink album (is it anyone's?), but there are some really solid tracks on it.

It's my favorite blink album. To be noted I've never been a huge Blink fan, and I wouldn't consider California anywhere close to one of my favorite albums, but it's a fun listen

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

https://twitter.com/MCRofficial/status/755820739710758912/video/1

So this is a thing that's happening. I never got to see them live the first time around, so if this happens to be a reunion tour or even show I'm actually pretty stoked!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Yeah, I'm excited to see some life out of them. I'd love new music, but will happily settle for a tour, since I never got to see them before.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just a Black Parade rerelease apparently. That's not bad though, album holds up a lot better than I thought it would.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Apologies for the double-post but I finally decided to check out California after hating 2/3 of the songs they'd released beforehand (Bored to Death being the only passable one) and man.....it's actually pretty rad. I miss Delonge's guitar work (but not his soundscape poo poo), but Skiba is a fun replacement and doesn't try and copy him in any way. It definitely feels quite over-produced, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

New Bayside came out today. I really dig it, but I'm a sucker for Bayside.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Just bought some concert tickets to see Neck Deep and Pierce the Veil in October, excited to finally see them live!

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

fyallm posted:

Just bought some concert tickets to see Neck Deep and Pierce the Veil in October, excited to finally see them live!

Sweet! I have yet to see Neck Deep live, but I reeeeally want to - "Life's Not Out to Get You" is probably my favorite album of last year, even though it's close with Knuckle Puck's "Copacetic".

Seeing The Fall of Troy and Tiny Moving Parts tonight - stoked! Anyone been able to catch the former after they've reunited?

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

fyallm posted:

I've seen Pierce the Veil twice. They're pretty much exactly like the records live with some extra screams here and there! I most recently saw them when they played all of Misadventures. Unfortunately, my city isn't part of the second tour with Neck Deep and I Prevail. :(

mr_bunnyfish
Feb 6, 2012

Eight Is Legend posted:

Sweet! I have yet to see Neck Deep live, but I reeeeally want to - "Life's Not Out to Get You" is probably my favorite album of last year, even though it's close with Knuckle Puck's "Copacetic".

Seeing The Fall of Troy and Tiny Moving Parts tonight - stoked! Anyone been able to catch the former after they've reunited?

Please post about how FOT was, especially any setlist details. I got to see them in 2010 right before they broke up and it was absolutely nuts. I think I got permanent hearing damage in my right ear

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
No final Brand New album this year....but TDAG full shows this fall!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Seeing them in Reno and San Jose.

Very excited for Devil and God in it's entirety.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Yeah, seeing them in November for the 9th time....figure I got one more in me next year to make it an even 10, but the crowds are getting intolerable for my old rear end.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
Brand New is from Long Island yet they see fit to skip both New York and Long Island on their tour

Makes perfect sense

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got excited and went to book tickets for London only to remember they're only a support slot for Biffy Clyro. Doubt they'd play the album in full there. Plus wouldn't be surprised if that was already sold out

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Valex posted:

Brand New is from Long Island yet they see fit to skip both New York and Long Island on their tour

Makes perfect sense

Yeah, I'm not a huge Brand New fan but "The Devil and God..." front-to-back is something I'd pay for. Who the hell skips NYC on tours that are on the east coast? :argh:

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, I'm not a huge Brand New fan but "The Devil and God..." front-to-back is something I'd pay for. Who the hell skips NYC on tours that are on the east coast? :argh:

I gotta assume they are planning some major NYC/Long Island shows next year as their farewell.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

J2DK posted:

I've seen Pierce the Veil twice. They're pretty much exactly like the records live with some extra screams here and there! I most recently saw them when they played all of Misadventures. Unfortunately, my city isn't part of the second tour with Neck Deep and I Prevail. :(

It's tomorrow and I can't wait! I am taking an Indian coworker with me, and he has no idea what he is getting into, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I got to the venue a little late so I missed I Prevail, but Neck Deep was loving dope. I almost didn't go, but I am so glad I did...

Also I was the oldest person in the whole venue, but seeing all of these kids screaming the Neck Deep lyrics made me happy, and hopefully it means more bands will start playing that kind of music again, I have missed it.

Does Pierce the Veil always bring out a ton of ladies to concerts? I swear the venue was like 2:1 girl guy ratio, and I have never seen that before.

• Locked thread