Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I thought a BMW cycle involved a shaft that all BMW fans have to justify/lubricate.

You have to pay attention to the balls too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

It's like if goatse was a grille. The fuckugly grille with the color every shitbox was in the 90's. It's a shame because the shape of the rest of the car is great, but that grille violates several treaties and I'm sure is regarded as a war crime.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

fknlo posted:

Having hated it at first it has grown on me and I still have yet to see an aftermarket "improvement" actually improve the looks. It looks fine on the M cars while still awkward on the regular versions.

agreedo

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

As the owner of an M4, I'm disqualified from commenting. But as a BMW driver, I'm contractually obligated to be a loud obnoxious rear end in a top hat, so

"Thirded"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I don't know if any modern grill looks worse than what Toyota did with the Grand Highlander.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

BMW still looks worse than that monstrosity imho

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I don't know if any modern grill looks worse than what Toyota did with the Grand Highlander.

The current 3/4 ton GMCs are obscene.

The average owner cannot check the oil without a step stool, which is a problem with the 6.6 gasser as GM says burning a quart of oil per 1000 miles towing is "normal"

I'm surprised none of these trucks have a step that folds out of the front bumper yet.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

The current 3/4 ton GMCs are obscene.

The average owner cannot check the oil without a step stool, which is a problem with the 6.6 gasser as GM says burning a quart of oil per 1000 miles towing is "normal"

I'm surprised none of these trucks have a step that folds out of the front bumper yet.

That burns more oil than my 7.3. Jesus gently caress.

They already have a steplet integrated into the tailgate. Just make the fog lamp pop out or w/e much like Freightliner Argosy's had the retractable fairing that doubled as a step.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

BloodBag posted:

It's like if goatse was a grille. The fuckugly grille with the color every shitbox was in the 90's. It's a shame because the shape of the rest of the car is great, but that grille violates several treaties and I'm sure is regarded as a war crime.

Almost identical colour to my dad's 98 Malibu. Similar to Sunfires and Cavaliers of the era.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3RyYX4Nx/2024-tesla-cybertruck-foundation-series

$158K Bid and Reserve Not Met lmao.

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The only modern BMW that doesnt look like crap is the M3 Touring

The M2 looks far better than the M3, Touring or not. At least the M2 styling did away with the hideous double pig-snout grill.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I see you conveniently ignored every Lexus.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

My wife's new IS350F isn't bad at all, in fact it looks really good imo, it's the SUVs where it looks huge and hideous

Fair, fair. I glanced at some pictures and could have sworn it was a Camry, so my eyes skipped over it.

antimatt fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 22, 2024

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

antimatt posted:

I see you conveniently ignored every Lexus.

My wife's new IS350F isn't bad at all, in fact it looks really good imo, it's the SUVs where it looks huge and hideous

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
the front of the 2 series looks bad

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

What’s the reasoning that newer engines eat more oil now? I vaguely recall something about fuel economy, but all the details are lost

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It's because of the turbos, that's what everyone is blaming it on apparently

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Yeah, crank case pressure has to go somewhere.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'd really like an ecoboost Maverick but I keep hearing about how lovely the 8 speed transmission is, also Fords in general are not confidence inspiring at all

Guess I'll wait on the Toyota Stout, I'm sure that will have a turbo as well

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

The underpinnings of that car are almost 13 years old now with far newer powertrains and so on from the competition. Just curious if you think that car is worth the money seeing as it’s an NA 300hp V6 mated to a 6spd while everyone else is using turbo 6 8speed or various overboosted 4cyls with mild hybrid tech.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Possibly also low-tension piston rings - less friction but more blow-by. Very popular on modern cars.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

I'd really like an ecoboost Maverick but I keep hearing about how lovely the 8 speed transmission is, also Fords in general are not confidence inspiring at all

Guess I'll wait on the Toyota Stout, I'm sure that will have a turbo as well

I really wish we had some more info or an actual close to production look at the Stout. Started my career driving in one(or really similar) and would love to have something like that again now that Im an old man.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Kraftwerk posted:

The underpinnings of that car are almost 13 years old now with far newer powertrains and so on from the competition. Just curious if you think that car is worth the money seeing as it’s an NA 300hp V6 mated to a 6spd while everyone else is using turbo 6 8speed or various overboosted 4cyls with mild hybrid tech.

And it’s likely to be going well without issues after another 13.

I do agree about the price tag being a bit high, but depends on what deal you got.

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 22, 2024

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Kraftwerk posted:

I think it's totally worth it for that exact reason lol. It's perfectly refined at this point after all these years of Lexus tweaking it, and the car is a joy to drive because of that. I personally love that it still has a CD player in it :v:

We got it fully loaded with the adjustable suspension, Mark Levinson audio etc for $1500 under MSRP and didn't pay for any of the add ons either, Lexus dealerships really are great to deal with and that's another reason we went back to Lexus from a Hybrid Avalon that my wife hated. She loves this car. Only regret I have is we shoulda just got the drat 500 but oh well still love the car.

Franco Caution posted:

I really wish we had some more info or an actual close to production look at the Stout. Started my career driving in one(or really similar) and would love to have something like that again now that Im an old man.

Yeah me too, Toyota is doing a really good job keeping it under wraps, in the meantime I'm gonna be test driving a Ridgeline trailsport but they are pretty drat expensive.

Russian Bear posted:

And it’s likely to be going well without issues after another 13.

I do agree about the price tag being a bit high, but depends on what deal you got.

Exactly.

We got a pretty good deal, and to be honest the Lexus dealership experience in itself is worth quite a bit on top of that, no one comes close to it.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 22, 2024

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I think it's totally worth it for that exact reason lol. It's perfectly refined at this point after all these years of Lexus tweaking it, and the car is a joy to drive because of that. I personally love that it still has a CD player in it :v:

We got it fully loaded with the adjustable suspension, Mark Levinson audio etc for $1500 under MSRP and didn't pay for any of the add ons either, Lexus dealerships really are great to deal with and that's another reason we went back to Lexus from a Hybrid Avalon that my wife hated. She loves this car. Only regret I have is we shoulda just got the drat 500 but oh well still love the car.

Yeah me too, Toyota is doing a really good job keeping it under wraps, in the meantime I'm gonna be test driving a Ridgeline trailsport but they are pretty drat expensive.

Exactly.

We got a pretty good deal, and to be honest the Lexus dealership experience in itself is worth quite a bit on top of that, no one comes close to it.

Don’t get me wrong. I like it too. I just needed more real world reasons to like it considering how much BMW and others push their 3 series so drat hard. The IS gets a lot of haters as slow and outdated but I love Toyota and want more excuses to have their products (when I can afford it) because I’m sick of VW’s bullshit.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

The oil is also ridiculously lightweight as well.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Kraftwerk posted:

Don’t get me wrong. I like it too. I just needed more real world reasons to like it considering how much BMW and others push their 3 series so drat hard. The IS gets a lot of haters as slow and outdated but I love Toyota and want more excuses to have their products (when I can afford it) because I’m sick of VW’s bullshit.

Oh and by the way, the 6 speed trans only comes with the AWD version, ours has an 8 speed and it's been great. If you're looking into the IS just stay away from the AWD it's the worst of the bunch.

My wife waited on one in the specific color combo she wanted, "Incognito Gray" with the red interior, it's a gorgeous car. Gets a lot of looks for being just a Lexus :v:

I have fallen in love with the V6 in this car and have been looking into other vehicles with the same motor lol

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 22, 2024

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Grills on current gen BMWs are obnoxious.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The dumb giant BMW grillz only really "work" IMO - in comparison to the rest - on the iX, since it's a big tall SUV - and also electric vehicles are supposed to look dumb and weird. The rest look exceptionally dumb and the 7 is a pure abomination.

look at this stupid thing :barf:

also I don't what the hell they are going for with all the extra dumb gloss black crap.

.....and that also shows that the dumb split headlights IMO also "work" better and are less noticeable on the taller SUV X7, for whatever that's worth.

...I am so glad I got a 23 X5 before they got too stupid looking.

:barf:

here is a palate cleanser:

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 23, 2024

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

No one has managed a beautiful split headlight design yet. They all look weird.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

wesleywillis posted:

Almost identical colour to my dad's 98 Malibu. Similar to Sunfires and Cavaliers of the era.

You should probably get your eyes checked if you think Dark Jade Green is anything like San Remo Green.

But anyway all green cars are good cars. Or would you prefer another black/white/silver/grey car?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

kill me now posted:

You should probably get your eyes checked if you think Dark Jade Green is anything like San Remo Green.

But anyway all green cars are good cars. Or would you prefer another black/white/silver/grey car?

You work for the dealer and have the ability to affect change!! I wish all the old BMWs I like were ever shipped in anything besides black/white/silver/grey!!! You get some blue but then those always have a premium!!! Convince your dealer to order more of the few colors BMW even offers anymore so in 10-15 years I can buy something with a cool color without a crazy markup tia

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

TheBacon posted:

You work for the dealer and have the ability to affect change!! I wish all the old BMWs I like were ever shipped in anything besides black/white/silver/grey!!! You get some blue but then those always have a premium!!! Convince your dealer to order more of the few colors BMW even offers anymore so in 10-15 years I can buy something with a cool color without a crazy markup tia

My guy, we have a whole bunch of color cars.

We also pretty much always have a few individual color cars in stock too.

If if helps, we have a Toronto red XM in stock :stonklol:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

kill me now posted:

My guy, we have a whole bunch of color cars.

We also pretty much always have a few individual color cars in stock too.

If if helps, we have a Toronto red XM in stock :stonklol:

Okay are the bunch of colors on the actual cars I want though or are they on grancoupes and SUVs?

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

TheBacon posted:

Okay are the bunch of colors on the actual cars I want though or are they on grancoupes and SUVs?

The 8 series GC is the best looking, most "normal" looking car they sell. :colbert:

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

TheBacon posted:

We are a bit light on sedans and coupes right now because of winter allocations, but we have multiple thundernight metallic 230’s some cape York green 5 series, some San remo green 4 series, a marina bay blue m8 comp, a portimao blue m3 and a tanzanite blue m4 comp.

E: as I slowly dox myself

kill me now fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Mar 24, 2024

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Keyser_Soze posted:

here is a palate cleanser:

I'm going to get pilloried for this, but all this does is remind me that old BMWs look weird too. Those kidney grills look tacked on in the middle like that and the shark nose doesn't work IMO.

BMW just makes goofy looking cars. Always has and always will.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

KillHour posted:

I'm going to get pilloried for this, but all this does is remind me that old BMWs look weird too. Those kidney grills look tacked on in the middle like that and the shark nose doesn't work IMO.

BMW just makes goofy looking cars. Always has and always will.

I agree with you. Their design has never done anything for me. A lot of the 90s they just looked like Pontiacs, another design language I didn’t care for.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

kill me now posted:

We are a bit light on sedans and coupes right now because of winter allocations, but we have multiple thundernight metallic 230’s some cape York green 5 series, some San remo green 4 series, a marina bay blue m8 comp, a portimao blue m3 and a tanzanite blue m4 comp.

E: as I slowly dox myself

Ok ok that’s some color. Next though I am going to need you to convince BMW corporate (you obviously have a direct line) to bring the M3 touring here. I’ll buy one from you personally and pr0jayhawk will too. That’s enough sales to justify it right? Oh and stick please tia

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

No joke, my wife says the only thing she doesn't like about our M4 is that it doesn't have a hatch. She would probably make me trade it in for a touring if we got them here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

TheBacon posted:

Ok ok that’s some color. Next though I am going to need you to convince BMW corporate (you obviously have a direct line) to bring the M3 touring here. I’ll buy one from you personally and pr0jayhawk will too. That’s enough sales to justify it right? Oh and stick please tia

Add me to the list. 100%. Would make a perfect dad/ski/bike car.

Edit: i don't even need the stick. Just bring over the one they're selling now.