Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The Tesla truck looks incredibly loving stupid and I hate it. Bollingers are cool as hell though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Kraftwerk posted:

What car would you guys get instead of a Supra on that same budget?
For the sake of apples to apples let’s assume it’s new not used.

I’d like to know because I’m not sure what better cars out there would drive so much supra hate. I quite like it.

I'd be looking at stuff like the F-Type, Boxster/Cayman, 4C Spider maybe, but I do like the Supra so it'd probably come down to whichever is most fun to drive. If I was in Europe I'd probably just buy an A110.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Wonderllama posted:

So what do you guys think of new cars? You like them?

I saw this car recently and am sad I'll never be able to own one: https://www.jannarelly.com/design-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9Lna4lOxi0

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Something like the GV80 perhaps?

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I’m glad other people have all wheel drive. Don’t ever want it myself though.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I like my ND more than the NAs I've had, therefore modern cars are good (except for the ones that aren't)

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I'm meh on the TLX. It's certainly an improvement for Acura and maybe I'll have a different opinion when I see it on the road but the pictures aren't doing much for me. The G80 on the other hand is gorgeous.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I, too, love the Z32 300ZX. Tried to buy one like 20 years ago but I was 20 years old with no credit history and shockingly nobody wanted to give me a loan to buy a twin turbo sports car. I ended up getting an S14 240SX which was fun even if it did have a boring truck engine.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The BMW looks good and the grille is completely fine

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Lots more pictures of the new 4:

https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/g32732023/2021-bmw-4-series-coupe-photos-info-gallery/

Looks quite good but it’s making me wonder: can you get away with not putting on a front license plate in Europe? My state requires them but I just haven’t put it on and cops don’t seem to notice or care. Presumably if I got pulled over for something else they’d tack that on but it’d be such a small fine I’m not too worried about it.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Infinotize posted:

On the other side I really don't get the preoccupation with not running a front plate because it looks 0.0001% cleaner or why you would give cops any standing justification to hassle you. Just make it required in all 50 states and be done with it.

I wasn’t really on a mission to not have one or anything but when you buy a new car here you only get a temporary plate for the rear. So I had that on for a couple months, then when I registered the car and got permanent plates I didn’t immediately have the screws handy to mount the front one and threw it in the trunk to do later. A few months later I realized I never remembered to put it on and just figured I’d continue on like that since it does look better without it.

Eyud fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 2, 2020

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Looks much worse than the actual grille, which looks good. It's a good looking front end and car.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Midjack posted:

Stare at this and see if you start to like it too.

It would need a little more work but I think that grille size works perfectly fine on that car.

Here's the M4 version of the big grille:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Except it looks worse with a front plate, much like every car ever.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I would absolutely take a Mazda 3 over a 6 at similar prices. Smaller is better and the new 3 looks so good.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Can't have rear seat problems if you don't have rear seats :c00lbert:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

PeterWeller posted:

I like the grill being just a gaping hole in the nose. Then again, I also like the new Vantage's grill.
The Vantage grille is good. The Z's is alright, I think the hard rectangular shape is a bit odd but it could still change before production (or, more likely, everyone will just get used to it). Overall though it's a cool looking car, the profile is really nice.

Eyud fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 16, 2020

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

captainOrbital posted:

What kind of a weirdo would buy a Nissan over a Hyundai?

If the Miata didn’t exist I probably would have bought a Z or maybe a BRZ but Hyundai doesn’t make anything I’m personally interested in.

Eyud fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 17, 2020

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

0-60 has always been pointless

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I don't think it was two tone like that one but I learned to drive in a green Cherokee circa 1996. Those things were cool.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Yet another ridiculously huge, insanely heavy murder machine to be worried about on the roads, yay!

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Sab669 posted:

Haha, what, did they really go "No you idiots we aren't making anything like the 74. Also check out this cool thing we'll never make either"??

That’s the 1974 Pony Coupe concept, they rebuilt it because the original was apparently lost

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

RWD + snow tires is just fine, great even

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah he’s still doing the same twice a week solo videos, just adding some other stuff with friends because he can and it’s fun

Neo_Crimson posted:

It's one thing to not like his videos, but the weird amount of venom Doug gets on this forum is off-putting. Dude is incredibly harmless.

Agreed

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

bij posted:

Mazda needs to show off whatever they are doing to the 2024 Miata. It's apparently getting a facelift with new DRLs and taillights before it gets sent off and reborn as a hybrid.

There are a couple supposed spy shots of it and it's not a huge difference but previous model years have been announced around November, so still probably a while before we hear anything official.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

bij posted:

Those are way higher quality than the ones I saw, cool. The current Miata is just fine but I like the new headlights way more and doing away with the little strips in the front vents is a positive change.

Yeah I think it looks pretty good. If they upgrade the infotainment to the current gen, I’ll be really tempted to upgrade from my 2019. And this time around I’ll do the correct thing and get a red one.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Kraftwerk posted:

Now they’re the only brand where I can still control things with dials and buttons.

That is not even remotely true

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The GT coupe is a very pretty car and if I was rich I’d consider it, but a big no thanks to anything else they make.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I rented a Polo from Sixt in Iceland once, it was fine. I did not get the extra volcanic ash insurance.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

That’s the 2024 Giant Piece of poo poo

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Convertibles are awesome

Fact checked and confirmed true

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Miatas have been my only car for most of the past 20 years and it’s totally fine

I get large things delivered or borrow/rent a truck when necessary (maybe once a year) and I put snow tires on in the winter

When I had a german shepherd I’d take the passenger seat out and slap a dog bed in there and he loved it too

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I like it, it’s cute

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

It's okay but it's too big for a two seater convertible

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

This is what peak performance looks like

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The Charger has always been ugly as poo poo so it's nice they carried on that legacy with the new one

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

ilkhan posted:

When was the last time you got in your car and looked longingly at the physical foglights button and thought "what a functional work of art!"?

I think this every time I use the many wonderful physical buttons in my car

Capacitive buttons are loving garbage

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The Alfa badge is cool as hell and I’m a usually a grille apologist but I do not like that one bit

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Vader voice: NNOOOOOOoooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Zorak of Michigan posted:

Counterpoint: sold my 2001 Miata, bought a 2024 a Miata, and it's better in every way.

I often think about how my RF is lighter than the Mazdaspeed NB I had almost 20 years ago

God bless Mazda