Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The sooner people realize that they actually want a GT, not a sports car, the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

We finally got chargers at my condo building, which is cool. But it's only four chargers for a building with 215 condos, and all parking around here is public, no reserved spots.

So with the only four charging spots in an area full of condo and apartment buildings, and the closest other (singular) charging spot ~1km away, I have literally never seen a single one of those spots free, ever.

And with parking around here already kinda tight, once someone parks at a charger, there is no goddamn way they're moving their car to another spot once it's done charging.

It's literally no effort put in to actually meet demand. And charging spots should be limited on how long you can stay parked after charging.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Man, 340hp. Granted it has to move a big family hauler, but I just bought a 84hp hatchback and I think that has adequate power, more than two out the three other cars I've owned :v:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 4, 2023

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Dealer markup is such a bizarre concept.

I'm so used to car makers having price lists on their websites, including available extras and so on. That's the maximum you will be paying, no matter which dealership you go to, but there is room to negotiate downwards.

I was even advised by the dealer to not get a better radio installed when I bought my Panda, because I'd have to pay registration tax based on the additional cost of the radio. It would be a lot cheaper to get the radio installed afterwards.

Still never buying a new car ever again.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SlowBloke posted:

If you are not in a conventional parking space in EU, you are supposed to put the hazards on during the (temporary) stop.

The hazard lights are for emergencies, not parking. You can't just park illegally and put on the hazard lights to make it ok.

Lots of people use them as "I can park anywhere" lights, though. Especially delivery drivers.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

That's not even a GTA car, it's a drat Saints Row car.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

fknlo posted:

lol, they're very experienced with doing that by now.

Every now and then tiktok takes me across a video where a shop has 50 dead theta or whatever the problem engine is laying on the ground everywhere.

I'm glad the Kappa seems to be mostly trouble free, I see plenty of cars with those for sale with 250K+ KM.

Ours has certainly been well-behaved for the first 1500 km we've had it (108,500 km total), it serviced by Hyundai every year on the dot (it's a 2016) and has done mostly highway miles.

E: and it's So. Smooth.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 6, 2023

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

5-door wagons and hatchbacks are the only two acceptable car types.

(Minivans are just tall wagons)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Godzilla07 posted:

The Theta II and Nu engine failures over the last decade are enough for me to strongly recommend against buying any 4-cylinder Hyundai product.

The Kappa engines series is really drat good, though. Smooth as butter and by all accounts very dependable.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

You must have driven a broken one, I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Well yeah, it's certainly not EV smooth or quiet.

But at 60kph in 5th or 110kph on the motorway, it's the smoothest car that I or my parents have owned.