Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Looks like Ford is telling dealerships to replace every failing PowerShift dual-clutch for free on the heels of the damning Detroit Free Press article:
https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2019/07/ford-ordering-dealerships-to-fix-dual-clutch-fiesta-and-focus-models-report/

quote:

The engineer, who no longer works at Ford and requested anonymity out of concern it might jeopardize his career in the auto industry, said the company had previously identified transmission issues in high-profit trucks and disrupted everything to issue “stop ships to limit quality exposure” and fix those problems. The DPS6 transmission was treated differently.

[..]

Getrag … owns the design and Ford is not allowed to even have the component drawings for the DPS6. As Ford believes strongly this is a design failure, Getrag should reimburse Ford for 100% … we need to be clear where the responsibility lies.

I wonder if part of killing the Focus/Fiesta in North America was to get out from under what are about to become Pinto-level cursed model names.

They still have no idea why Explorer drivers become aggressive dumbshits:
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2019-ford-explorer-owners-say-suvs-making-them-sick/

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It is pretty traditional for Nissan to repeatedly gently caress the dog until their auto-industry management is removed and replaced by bankers, who actually run the company better.

It's a little unusual for them to fire two inept auto-industry management structures in a row, but something something the new economy.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Criticizing Mitsuoka for making a car too mundane is proof that we are approaching the terminus of our civilization.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

Also built in Iran, the Saipa Saina, based on the Kia Pride which was the Korean version of the first gen Ford Festiva.

But they get it in truck form! TRUCK FORM!!!

More bed room than a Cybertrukk! A manual transmission! BP turbo swap potential!