Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

dissss posted:

I reckon $120k+

Not a chance. A kitted out GTS tops out a $100k these days, no way would a 'Vette only be $20k more. At least M3/C63 pricing, so $160k, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

InitialDave posted:

It's being driven by an Italian, it's on its second lap.

Shift by feel rod knock

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-nascar-ss-revealed-in-las-vegas/

So look like the new Chevy SS is most likely going to be an HSV.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cat Terrist posted:

Third time lucky maybe?

Hmmm....

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Rhyno posted:

So a few news sites are pointing out that in addition to GM renewing the trademarks on the T-Type, Grand National and the GNX, they have also renewed the El Camino.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Not to rain on your parade, but that really doesn't mean anything. Companies renew old trademarks all the time, sometimes so they can use them again down the road if they want to, but often just so no one else can.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The Midniter posted:

Really? I thought the GT2 was just basically a 911 with a fuckoff turbo slapped on. I'm sure it's got some beefed up suspension bits, but I always figured the GT3 to be the road-legal race car. If that happened to a GT2 I can't imagine with a GT3 would be like as a DD.

No, the GT2 is a GT3 with a fuckoff turbo strapped on, hence the thing being a total loonmobile.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Since they're talking it up as halo-car, it'll be an Americanised HSV in SWB form. The front of that Cup Car is basically the current Commodore with this new GM design language added to it.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Any new Elky won't have AWD.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

blk posted:

I sometimes read Autoblog but the comments are the worst I've ever seen (by contrast, I think BAT has some of the best).

I don't understand this, who gives a poo poo about the comments?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Sole Survivor posted:

Unless I'm seeing this wrong, the C7 really has both paddles and a stick?

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2014-chevrolet-corvette/full/#photo-5565918

Chevy knows their market well. Also, looking at that, no chance of this thing ever being RHD with that dash.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

It's actually the same transmission, the manual just doesn't have the actuators and possibly the two clutches. Given the 40-50lb weight penalty between the 991 S manual and PDK, I'd say it's lacking the extra clutch.

Is that actually possible? Given that the PDK has two input shafts as well as two clutches, and is in effect a pair of transmissions in one box, I don't really think you could convert a PDK to a regular manual without effectively making a whole new transmission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What is hot shotting?