Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

I’m the windshield lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I love it.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

taqueso posted:

The real farmers are running 1994 F350s with the sides caved in and a rusty tailgate

It’s me.

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 5, 2019

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

JK Fresco posted:

I bet more people will buy cars to avoid public transit since it's filthy and spreads disease

My aunt purchased an Elantra because of the pandemic. She was dead set on the Accent hatch because she rented one a couple years ago and loved it, but was surprised that it was discontinued.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Charles posted:

Elantra or Elantra GT?

JK Fresco posted:

Kia still makes the Rio hatch

Sedan Elantra. She went to the nearest Hyundai/Kia dealer and closed that day. It’s red and seems like a nice commuter for somebody who is retiring this year.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
IIRC SG moved a distance away and Scott couldn’t appear anymore with his schedule.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
“An enthusiast would rather add the Sasquatch pack via the aftermarket then as a factory option :v:” or something

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I have zero complaints about how the digital cluster and infotainment on my 15 S60 looks. Maybe it could use more anti aliasing, but it does the job

I also look for excuses to use my TI-89.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Elephanthead posted:

This but 50 years old and bolt the 30 year olds front suspension on it. Yes it bolts in.

I have done this with a door handle :v:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Which website is this?

Edit; this wasn’t hard to Google

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 23, 2021

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Same. My only lust is for low running costs now.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
As the owner of a bright blue car, while I’m not a fan of the styling, I am a fan of the bright green color.

Go get it.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I too have seen a black bronco sport, with all the cladding I think that’s the color to get.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Never. I’m also on the wrong continent to potentially enjoy this vehicle.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Wait hybrid is standard?!?!

Sign me the gently caress up. I won’t be in the market until next year at the earliest though, by the time I get to it there will hopefully be an AWD option. With the tailgate down I should be able to get a washer and dryer combo up there, right? I am perpetually carting appliances in older trucks I have access to.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

CornHolio posted:

It looks like there is already an AWD option.

I don’t think it’s the hybrid though. After doing five minutes of soul searching I’ve realized that fuel economy and low cost of entry are more important than AWD to me.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

smooth jazz posted:

I wonder if Honda fixed the oil dilution problem in the 1.5t

I too have been wondering the same.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
(In the US) I find it pretty rare to find a gas station without diesel.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

BuckyDoneGun posted:

With a tray, slightly more common, especially for farmers in 4x4 spec.

I was formerly a farmer and this is all I ever really wanted on a truck. The US Ranger has a chassis cab variant but only RWD. Getting a ute tray is a big ask apparently.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
E:^^^^^

Powershift posted:

It's the truck you've been begging for, and you can't have it.

:eyepop: I have a Datsun 720 with the rolled lip on the bed and it’s a game changer. What was the last truck sold in the US with a bed like that?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah the manual goes into the trash

That’s what car sales have been saying.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Powershift posted:

This just feels like GM scrambling after hearing ford doubling production and slapping a chevy badge on the hummer EV.

Same factory, right? At least they made the production line wide enough the first time :v:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Wiggles posted:

This is a result of when it exists in time. Had this car been born 30 years ago, it would have topped lots of the charts. In 1992 I would totally buy a 2022 Mirage. It's just that we expect so much more of a car these days.

I have one disappointment in the Mirage, and that is the current cool colors are all gated behind the CVT :eng99:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Exclusivity is how the Motomachi plant stays in business :v:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I saw an i-miev the other day and had to do a double take. I had never seen one besides the Goose channel.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Now that I own a Datsun pickup, power steering is on my list of bare necessities for a vehicle.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
It’s me, I’m the other person with all the gross stuff I end up hauling around.

The Toyota bB Ford Maverick is very close to my ideal vehicle.

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 2, 2023

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Franco Caution posted:

Polestar4 was looking pretty good until I saw the backend.
What the gently caress is going on with the little rear window slit above the big body colored metal?
Is that a safety thing? It looks dumb.

See here. About half way through the gallery, there is a big dumb white rear end pic.
https://www.motor1.com/news/662817/polestar-4-debuts-fastest-model-ever/

I wanted the experience of driving the box truck at work in my personal vehicle too, thanks!

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Sagebrush posted:

(q.v. those Jeep angry eyes).
There’s quite a few Wranglers in my neck of the woods that also run colored DRLs with the angry brows. I actually chuckle when I see the guy with the blood red ones.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I am reliably informed that there's at least one on the cards to be offered in 'light blue'.

Rad. That blue was a big selling point when I bought my ride.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

darnon posted:

And watch them still put the turn signal way down on the lower bumper.

Goddamn you’re probably right

Ugh.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I’m not excited for $10k ADM but drat that’s a sweet ride. Also I assume the 4Runner name gets the axe soon.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

KakerMix posted:

It goes like this: 4Runner which can be 2WD and 4WD….

I genuinely thought 4Runners for the past several years were 4WD only. My bad! Totally makes sense to keep it around.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I think the new one has electric power steering for the first time - I’ve only ever had hydraulic off-road, but on road it should be just fine like everything else (except Vinfast).

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I’m in the other camp of “Ridgeline is rad as gently caress but I already have an 80’s/90’s small truck”

e:not like those people but new vehicles anyways :v:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
IIRC doesn’t the Ecoboost have independent rear suspension and the hybrid gets torsion beam?

Q_res posted:

Ford got free reign to use Toyota's hybrid patents and in exchange Toyota got a number of Ford's diesel patents.

I feel like Ford’s the real winner here, still.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I have an outdated infotainment system for even when my car was new (2015) and the best part about it is that it’s unobtrusive and never crashes. Weird and clunky UI, sure. The “skip forward” button advances the track, and the features that can be annoying (aggressive lane departure warnings and parking sensors that get triggered by rain) have physical buttons that turn them on or off. It feels like that’s still a high bar for next model year.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Nah just whip out the sheet metal bender it’s all good

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Kids never came to visit, gently caress ‘em
-a big piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Even though it’s a little lackluster news I’d buy the CX-70 over the 90. I’m not a big fan of the cramped third row having been spoiled by a minivan as a kid.