Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Holy hell thats an attractive car in a beautiful color too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Someone on these forums got really angry and caremad that I asked why they ran all seasons on their performance car in a part of TX where it never snows (Dallas, Houston maybe). Always seems a weird decision to buy a really high performance car then put some mediocre tires on it.

And here I am getting bigger wheels to fit PS4S on my mediocre Mazda3 heh. Nothing improves car performance like good tires!

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Obviously looking at the amphibious trim level

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Goober Peas posted:

Someone has clearly never commuted in the SF bay area. Trust me, after 30 minutes of stop-and-go you notice every gear change. And your left leg looks like your dominant wanking arm over time.

Also true

Commuted Daly City to Santa Clara for years in my mkv GTI stick and loved it, deeply regret not holding out to find a stick for the mazda3 I got two years ago as my daily.

So ya, lived and breathed the worst possible commute and wouldn't trade it for anything.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Watching the video it occurred to me I’ve never really heard Murray talk much but man, I absolutely would like to buy what he’s selling. He says all the right things for my dinosaur rear end soul. Also makes me appreciate the F1 way more than I ever have. I was always very almost indifferent to it before, but hearing more about it from his mouth makes it way cooler in that he actually got it done.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Seems like different strokes for different folks, some people are car spergs and pray at the alter of Murray for continuing on as he does (me)

And some people buy appliances to get from A to B.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I mean really if we wanted the 86 to shine we'd find a way for Mazda to build it and put a 13b under the hood.

mobby_6kl posted:

There's an obvious solution to this: get a rotary engine from Mazda.

:hmmyes:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Elmnt80 posted:

Yes, because a modern production rotary has no problems meeting emissions standards and isn't a big r&d hole to shovel dumptruck loads of money into.

Why do you hate fun?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I am honestly surprised the top speed is only 118, I assume it’s purely due to gearing, but you’d think with 8 gears one of them could be set aside to be super tall? I can’t say I can recall ever hearing the raptor’s top speed but I guess I just assumed it would be something around 150+ with the engine and power in it but Ram claiming theirs is a higher top speed so :shrug: also apparently I completely missed that Dodge spun the Ram brand out as it’s own thing which just seems...why? Not like they had an abundance of models that were in danger of being confused with?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Huh thanks for the info.

I am surprised about the speed and I know aero and what not and was considering that, but thought the raw power would at least be able to counter that up a bit more. I had not considered that the knobbies and their affect which makes a lot more sense thinking about that aspect.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

And here's reason one why those sooooooopercar yooooootubers are hustling so loving hard. They "buy" these cars and have huge payments to make - gotta post more so they can make monies with the algorythm! - and then of course the reason why a few of them disappear is the IRS comes calling with auditors.......

I honestly thought most of them were just rich kids and inherited a bunch of wealth, especially the ones that extensively modify their cars and have the like classic tuner cars and the like.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I guess I just never really thought there was enough money in youtube to even sustain the debt payments. I thought you only really started making anything at like 1mil views/video type level and multiple of those a week. Not trying to rehash the person of type argument, but like for example Doug, he gets a lot of views and twice a week and I got the sense that like he sort of barely paying for his cars with it. It's also not like he even has the craziest most expensive cars either, like he has two that he paid over $100k for. That's still way more than I could conceive being able to afford but like I see how many views he has and stuff and know that he is at or near the top of automotive youtube.

I guess basically I just have zero idea how anyone actually gets paid in influencer/content creator world that we now live in.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I like donut, and the host I don’t like and won’t watch at all is the bumper to bumper guy. I can take or leave most of the shows, but HiLow and Money Pit Miata are the ones I really like and watch every episode.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I have an analog watch, I want a loving analog tach. I don't really give a crap about anything else but the Tesla chic trend is god loving awful and ages so so poorly.

I prefer simple elegant nice material buttons and knobs for my luxury segment. Going back and looking at the earliest infotainment now just looks atrocious. My idea of a premium luxury car would be supreme comfort and materials along with bulletproof reliability with reasonable maintenance, basically late 80s/early 90s germans.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

do you mean early 90s lexus because

Sure ya LS drives forever or a million miles, though I only really like them VIP'd because I have terrible taste. Merc's without the features of those days though, like the no car phone stuff, are a lot of my ideal!

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Hybrid with a stick was loving wild though. Too bad they went more prius than P1 or even i8.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

The rear third works for me, but jumping in to continue beating the horse that is that fugly rear end grill.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

BuckyDoneGun posted:

It’s like some of you have never even looked at a Z before.

Even the 350Z did it.

the 350 looked bad and the new one also looks bad and did not pull it off at all. it's like the early 2000s Chrysler retro look stuff that was all terribly executed.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

captainOrbital posted:

What kind of a weirdo would buy a Nissan over a Hyundai? Nowadays.

Me? At least they are supposedly still making a stick even if they took it away from the R35. I don't think I'd like anything really from Korea unless I were in the Telluride market maybe (which I don't think I could ever see myself being in, I'd still rather have a wagon).

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

yeah i mean you want a wagon but unless you're splashing twice as much money for an E-class or a V90 you really can't get the space in a true wagon form
Ya the US market situation is dire, but I would be looking at used instead to get what I wanted and that cross shop works out a lot more apples to apples, at least price wise.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

We picked up a Hyundai because it was the best car in its class. I mean you gotta go for what you want but really, Korea builds great cars.

I agree, they make great cars, just not in any segments where I would want one. The fact genesis ditched the stick definitely hurts, if the stinger had one that would appeal to me. The closest is probably Velostar (Turbo/N) but there are others in that segment I'd prefer and a lot is do to not really liking the aesthetics of it which matters to me for a fun car. I recommend people to look at Korean cars a lot, their appliances are absolutely amazing value, they just don't hit my particular buttons is all.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Look up what a Loss Leader is and how they are often resonsible for changing the trajectories of a company. This is *exactly* what is needed to get people talking about Nissan and even get feet into showrooms.

It definitely peeks my interest and reminded me they exist for more than just old Skylines and old Zs

TheBacon fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 18, 2020

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Anything that calls itself a ‘coupe’ and has 4 doors is an abomination and none of them look any better than complete rear end. BMW was the worst at that initially but now it seems all the Germans do it. 4 door 4 series???? Isn’t that what the loving 3 series was for and why you split the 4 series out in the first place?

i own every Bionicle posted:

I like it as well, it reminds me of the old GLK which I thought was a great looking car.

This is the same thing I thought when I saw that. I don’t hate it, but I also don’t really particularly like any SUV.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

GT500 sucks because it's missing a pedal and it's cross plane crank

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

EVOs, GTOs/3000GTs, and 2G DSMs are all good though.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Seems about right for how long I let me car warm up before I set out. Honestly booting the god drat infotainment seems to take ages more so than idle rpms coming down.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Super Soaker Party! posted:

Ayyy, matey, 'tis a powerful machine, scupper the bilges me hearty!

Arrr.

(I buckle my belt as I'm reversing out of my driveway, so I'm gonna go ahead and rate this "feature" a solid fuckyou out of 10).

I understand it hasn't been needed since fuel injection, but it still makes me feel better and it makes me make sure to always check extra careful for children and pedestrians before starting to back out. I like the routine and rhythm of it alright!

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Camry 0-60 pull dot youtube

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

skipdogg posted:

It's the car that everyone on the jalopnik comment section wishes they had in the US and would totally buy it, and now is their chance to buy it. I bet they sell less than 100 in the US and don't bring it back for the 2022 MY.

If I had $130k for a new car I would buy it in a heartbeat, but alas...

Being relegated to used cars only means being at the mercy of lovely rich people's tastes.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Sab669 posted:

Yeaaa that's the problem with $130K cars lol.

I'm just salty there's literally not a single Fun Wagon at a reasonable price (< $45K) in this whole country.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-volvo-v70r-20/ unless you mean new, then welp ya, there are basically no wagons period under that range. The only thing left are luxury models, though technically V60 starts at $42k

skipdogg posted:

Doesn't VW make something?

I was just ragging on "internet car commentators"

I'd lease one, but I have zero interest in owning a S or RS trim Audi out of factory warranty.

Jetta/Golf Sportwagen but that's been discontinued sadly :(

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Peugeot 508 seems pretty freaking cool although I’d prefer a normal petrol and manual but that’s a pretty lost battle. Pretty sure that at least is way closer to the ballpark of affordable than the RS6 or AMG

https://jalopnik.com/the-508-sport-engineered-is-the-most-powerful-road-car-1845171386

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Charles posted:

If you're talking Mazdas why not the 3 hatch or Cx3 or Cx30. They're all available with awd + turbo. The 3 is even available with stick (FWD).

As a 3 owner, that’s a hell of a lot smaller than a wagon

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

you could not make me go near that thing out of warranty

Ya the Geely era cars definitely have me question the drivetrains even more than the prior stuff, but at the very least they have still been making stunners of cars.

I have a friend that just got a v60 and it's gorgeous, though no idea if he really plans on keeping it past warranty or not.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Neo_Crimson posted:

Are Volvos known to be unreliable now? I know they used to be tanks.

Super turbo hybrid charged powertrain is russian roulette

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

The engine followed by the stick were the best parts about the dang car, hell the engine was the whole thing that made it special. GT500 sucks in comparison, except for those that would like a base GT with an automatic like was stated earlier, that same person would also like the GT500 if they had more money.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Rhyno posted:

I keep seeing a mid 90s Camry wagon here in town and it just tickles the right spot. I'd love to have something like that.

I'm adrift, I can't convince myself to spendy $30K on a car and I worry the cheaper cars will end in regret. Like a FiST is perfect in my head but then I'm like "what about rwd" and it puts me back to zero again.

My mom had a maroon one when I was growing up and it owned. I miss that car. My mom actaully had great cars, ancient civic hatch into early 90s camry wagon, two different 850 wagons and now a jetta sportwagen. No idea what I am going to do to get for her when she needs to replace this one in the next couple years, maybe I'll be able to find her a lightly used e450 wagon.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Talking about how “and no one will buy it” I would absolutely slam down a deposit on that baby, I’d camp out overnight if they brought the stick here too. That’s loving gorgeous and perfect. Please Mazda

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

hey guys when Mazda sold the Mazda6 wagon here in America it was a dismal sales failure

Ya but I wasn't even 18 yet when they stopped selling it so obviously it doesn't count.

Zorak of Michigan posted:

New cars can only be fixed with laws requiring the rest of the human race to buy the cars we want them to.

:hmmyes:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I hate that heated seats are on everything but really cooled seats are the things I actually want and would actually pay for.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Sab669 posted:

Move to the north east :v:

I've had my butt warmers on driving to work most of this month just because it's cozy.

I think I prefer California where I can ride my motorcycle all year round in comfort. Also live 5 miles from some of the best back roads in the country!

I also don’t give a poo poo about being cold from a comfort perspective, I can always put on more clothes, I can’t take my skin off.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Where I live, even a fender with no sensors is over the $1500 damage threshold for my state to make it a 'major' accident in insurance's eyes. A new bumper and how loving expensive paint labor is means that everything short of a touch up scratch is going to be major.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

KillHour posted:

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/10/winter-is-coming-so-is-the-genesis-g70-shooting-brake/

Hyundai is determined to cater to the car enthusiast market to the point of selling exactly 5 of these and I'm here for it.

gently caress me they have my attention. With the Velostar N and the Stinger and now this, they are really putting in work.

But man as stated, only after killing the stick, can't win em all.