Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
“Surely they figured it all out so I should be fine.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Can confirm. I bought a new STI wagon in 2014, put 32k miles on it in 2 years, and sold it for $2k less than I paid. But the STI engine is dreadful so I wouldn’t recommend that.

Stick to desirable, limited run cars and you’ll do fine. Drive what you like and consider it a bonus if you don’t lose too much.

I’ve driven these cars for only a small loss after 2-3 years: 987 Boxster Spyder, STI wagon, RX-8.

I sold these for more than I paid: FD RX-7, E90 M3 manual, Lotus Elise. My Exige is probably going to do well.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

I would do bad things for an Alpina wagon in green.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Sab669 posted:

Neither Alpina nor M but I'm trying to settle on a color to wrap my E91 in the next few weeks. It's so hard, there are so many options and any one color can look radically different based on the quality of the photo.

I wanted to wrap my gray E90 a few years back and constantly went back and forth on getting close to an OEM color like interlagos blue or going a bit more bold with a metallic green or red.

One thing that could help is getting a sample pack and sticking on a few colors you like. It’ll look a little dumb for a couple weeks but who cares. I got the 3M 2080 sampler and put on a few blues and reds. Shame they don’t have a metallic forest green.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

[citation needed]

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Godzilla07 posted:

Unless you are a car YouTuber, in which case Honda will find a friendly dealer to get you an allocation for a new CTR at MSRP

That video SG did was so embarrassing.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

https://youtu.be/ZgZUxXR-8SE

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Now that NSX values have taken off it seems like a lot of people forgot how slow they are. They’re not really that much faster than an S2000. Not really an $80-100K driving experience in my dumb opinion.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

euphronius posted:

I’m renting a brand new CX-50 and it’s a really nice car ? Perfect size. Not to busy inside. I think I want to buy one.

I rented one last month and I completely agree. It was fantastic. Only real downside is it gets worse highway mileage than my Quadrifoglio which is a shame. If you’re driving around with a penalty box 4cyl you should at least get phenomenal gas mileage.

Outside of the gas mileage I found myself asking why anyone would need anything more than this.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

If they release a car that’s anything close to that I will put in an order that day. Fun, secondary cars should have a bit of whimsy. And by whimsy I mean being the first owner with an extended warranty and a dealer in towing distance.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Mustache Ride posted:

Where are you going to find a hydrogen station? There's only like 14 in the nation.

Come on, if they make anything like it the engine would run on 91.

There was an RX-8 concept in 2003 that ran on hydrogen. Like someone said a bit ago, it’s probably getting them some government research money.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Full Collapse posted:

I want to like Jason, but yeah, his persona bleeds way too often into caracature.

Derek Tam (hyphen) Scott is the real star of the podcast, imo.

That’s interesting, I want to like their podcast but can’t stand it. Their conversations meander without any focus and usually take forever to get to an actual point.

Cammisa makes a great guest on other podcasts though.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

davecrazy posted:

Just for the record I’ve had my Alfa QV since September and almost 7k miles and it’s been 100% problem free so far.

Ahahaha why would you do this to yourself?!?

Source: QV owner

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

What tune is that?

davecrazy posted:

My dealers courtesy car is a Marerati Grecale and they drive me home after I drop off mine!

The breakdown experience in built in!

I’m glad you at least have rentals. My dealership is a fiat/dodge joint with a small side office for Alfa and they refuse to give out rentals. It’s always an Uber ride to and from. It is a legitimately bad experience. But I have a dealership 5 min from my house so I’m just fortunate for that.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

The 2000 to early 2010s era is pretty appealing right now. Reliability was good, plenty of airbags and safety features, and technology was there but not omnipresent.

:okboomer:

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

wesleywillis posted:

E: or by some assistant Taco Bell manager that thinks he's hot poo poo and tries to hit on all the 16 year old cashiers like a fuckin creep.

That was very specific.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

I got a rental Pacifica Hybrid on a work trip last year as a goof but I was legitimately excited to see how it drove. I’m sad to report it drove like a giant piece of poo poo. Really crushed that AI Dad dream.

Heavy, steering sucked, it was completely joyless to drive. It was a bummer.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

:yeah:

The new Supra would be 1000x better without that hosed up snout they put on it. The front end is a disaster.

The whole thing is a mess. It’s the FT-1 concept design but they had to shrink the proportions to fit on the platform BMW made available.

https://www.motortrend.com/vehicle-genres/toyota-ft-1-concept-first-look/?galleryimageid=1a8a4424-91a5-4c68-8e52-6f8620a85342

I still think it looks cool but it could have been so much better.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Residency Evil posted:

Add me to the list. 100%. Would make a perfect dad/ski/bike car.

Edit: i don't even need the stick. Just bring over the one they're selling now.

Yeah I would order an M3 Touring today if I could. Wouldn't even hesitate for a moment. I'd probably add a bunch of poo poo I don't need like individual color and carbon ceramic brakes.

Stick would be nice but after living with the Alfa's 8HP transmission the last three years, it's pretty drat good. I've almost given up on having a manual daily so whatever. Just give me paddles and make cool sounds, that's all I want.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Blackhawk posted:

I've seen more M3 tourings locally than normal M3s, and a ton of RS6 avants. People clearly buy performance wagons here even when they cost silly dollars.

I was really hoping the M5 Touring announcement would have some details about the M3 Touring coming to the US. Alas,

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

fknlo posted:

I don’t know if I’d be able to resist the m3 wagon. I’d probably have to sell my f80 to make it make real sense though, and I don’t particularly want to do that.

BMW makes so many stupid cars and yet, they have a history of bringing cars here with not much of a business case (Z3/Z4 coupe, the grand sport 4 door versions of 2 door cars ugh). There seems to be enough pent-up demand for something like an M3 Touring. They could say the next M3 will be a hybrid or EV and it would fly off the showroom floor.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Franco Caution posted:

I can't imagine some fender flairs are going to fix it.

Excuse me, sir. (Tasteful) fender flares make everything look better.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Ringing endorsement from Farah. I suspect he’s right in saying if everyone doesn’t copy this approach for their performance EVs they will be left behind.

This would be right up my alley as a daily but for the price. It’s hard to spend $70K on something you know will be worth 30 in 3-4 years.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Did you get a chance to play with the sound settings and fake shifts?

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

You could just say you live in Puerto Rico or New Zealand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

That's mean and very true.