Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Hampton DeVille said to be partnering with Ford to put their Obelisk tablet on the next-gen Mach-E, as owners complained "what's this pussy mini-screen poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I'm not brand loyal or feeling the need to defend my consumer purchases, but a guy at work said my GV70 looked like a PT Cruiser with a glow-up, and I've been furious since

because now I can't loving unsee it

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Full Collapse posted:

Just saw a Crown out in the wild. It looks like a lifted Avalon.

My brother in law has one. The interior is nice but cramped as gently caress.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I actually believe him when he's says they're too old for the physical stuff anymore.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I never understood why some super rich guys like Clarkson look so horribly unhealthy, you can afford the healthiest food available plus a chef to cook it for you every day. And then a trainer to keep you relatively in shape and not looking like a pregnant elderly woman about to give birth.

You can also eat the unhealthiest food available, which tastes better. And you can punch the guy when he's late with your sandwich

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Dumb truck stuff, but I think it looks decent, better than the Raptor Ranger.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/first-look/uh-oh-we-badly-want-new-ford-ranger-ms-rt

lol seats by Dan Flashes

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

btw you may or may not like this (I love it), but the Cadillac Lyriq has the most integrated screen/dash I've ever seen.

The picture makes it look bigger than it is. Sitting in the car, it's pretty unobtrusive.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Me over here just running the 25 year countdown on importing a 159 Sportwagon.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

What normal rear end passenger car doesn't have a pass-through rear seat in the loving year 2024? That's insane

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I've never hauled skis in my life but I've drat sure had the ends of a few pieces of lumber ominously close to my dash more times than I can count

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Sab669 posted:

Man the new Merc headlight design is so ugly. Just a weird runny bulbous mess.

It looks very Nissan and I can't put my finger on why

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

davecrazy posted:

Grills on current gen BMWs are obnoxious.

I always hated the kidney grilles.

Apparently, they actually could get worse

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Genesis has done pretty nice concepts in the past.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Sab669 posted:

Cool concepts don't mean poo poo when you're never going to build it

Saab took that a step further with the Aero X.

They just quit building cars soon after.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

euphronius posted:

It’s a shame Because as I’ve said before I think the current Accord is maybe the best mid market sedan ever made

I know it's a perennial Honda thing to go "the last generation was better", but the outside and inside before the refresh were so much better.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Gucci Loafers posted:

If they put the materials from the last gen into the current gen but kept the same design and layout. It'd be perfect. The only thing I hate about the current Accords is they don't work well for tall folks and I fit in a Camry much better.

I prefer the layout of the last gen (doesn't hurt that I own one). The cupholders are cavernously deep, and behind the shifter instead of to the right side of it. I also like the A/C button placement and all.

I don't love the "half-iPad glued to dash" screen style, but that's hard to avoid from any car the last decade.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

no lube so what posted:

edit: like I am an idiot who spent 40k on a 3200lb corolla. I get being dumb and chasing nostalgia in a world where they don't make what I really want.

I test drove a Corolla GR and afterward listened to the sales pitch out of politeness. They started with a 10k market adjustment, which made my day because I got to tell them asking 40k for a Corolla is already insane, but slapping 10k over MSRP is pants on head silliness. The market adjustment evaporated instantly and I still said no.

If I had the garage space and money for like five cars, it'd probably be #5 because it's the only thing on the market new right now in the "Satanic go-kart" category the 500 Abarth used to own.

But I don't, so I bought an SUV.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

moxieman posted:

Mavericks still have markups?

Try even finding one to sit in at a showroom.

gently caress yeah they still have markups

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I loving hate big plastic fender covers and squared wheel arches.

I'd literally time-skip past Baby Hitler to kill the guy who made them popular

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I love the wheels and the headlights. The logo grille is so, so, so terrible. The rest of it is meh, crossover version 1 billion.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Yeah that's another problem here, the Honda dealerships suck,

change a few letters in that name and you're going to experience a whole new level of terrible

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The Alfa Romeo Caporetto

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

this is like people in 1985 talking about hyundai lol

If you had told me in 1987 as I was hanging on for dear life in the rattletrap Hyundai Excel driven by my sister's potdealer boyfriend that the favorite car I ever owned one day would be an SUV made in Alabama by the same company, I'd have told Tony that if he keeps lacing his stuff with PCP I was gonna have to tell my dad`

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The front of that thing is too concept car for me, and the wheels are some 70s British sci-poo poo, but that is an incredibly sexy rear 3/4 profile.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Sab669 posted:

Genesis should bring the G70 Touring over to the US and then MAGMA it so I can be 1 of 3 buyers :hmmyes:

Well, we know 2/3rds of them would be owned in forum, anyway.

Sadly, the G70 is a one and one in the US.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

That 2025 Camry looks absolutely terrible. I know the current one is way too busy visually, but I still think it looks kinda pretty. The new one seems like it has a budget version of Lexus Mouth.

Hybrid is nice, but only the one engine option with a CVT on all trims seems like consumers lost choice there.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Godzilla07 posted:

The death of the fast Accord with the current generation of Accord is more of a bummer than the death of a car that only existed in press fleets

Yeah I wasn't so much lamenting the loss off the V6 as I was the choice of (Engine) or (More Engine).

I am so glad I ponied up for the MT and 2.0 in our '18 Accord. I feel sad that both the current Accord and the new Camry will be powered by the color beige.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I didn't realize the 2.0 MT Accords were so rare, I did a search not long ago on them and the closest one to Tampa was in Atlanta. For some reason I thought Honda made a bunch of them but that must have been the Civic.

Take rate never crossed 2 percent. They dropped it after 2019.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The usefulness of AM radio is largely during infrastructure-endangering levels of natural/manmade disaster. The exact kind of thing that would take EVs off the board first, anyway.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

What's the big change for '24 Miatas?

I would have loved to get a Fiat 124 but once the Miata got the power bump I just got paralyzed by indecision.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Rotary Miatas were the perpetual around-the-corner rumor for 2 decades, and EVs are in full retreat right now. I'll believe it when I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

lol skinnies on the back. I love it.