Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN
I don't understand why they just don't go back to the turbo ecotec?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

hedge posted:

Looks like a diagram of the female reproductive system.

I can't unsee it now. Thanks a lot...

:(

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN
The new Impala looks pretty impressive. It's definitely not what I expected.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/04/2014-chevrolet-impala-debuts-all-new-design/

Hopefully they will release an SS awd version. Its the same platform as the new XTS so it shouldn't be a problem...

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Thwomp posted:

I like that they toned down the Camero tail lights for the Impala. Still there but not screaming at you about how they come from the Camero. The 13 Malibu's tail lights look too forced.

I don't like how you can't spell Camaro.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN
Jeez, and I thought my GTO at 3800lbs was the fattest of the fat.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

rscott posted:

Hah, that Buick Park Avenue is just a current gen Impala with a fancy interior.

Yeah, no its not.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Powershift posted:

I'm beginning to suspect that general motors is only willing to put forth the minimum level of effort required to survive as a car company.

Why?

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Throatwarbler posted:

The guy who runs Gemballa was recently found in a ditch with a bullet in his head so it's probably something like that. I imagine the business model is like Roush or Saleen, in that they mostly sell lovely rims and spoilers for people to rice up their base model BMW 3 series and whatnot, and the complete cars are just a showcase of sorts?

So there's at least 1 Commodore sedan coming to the US, with possible wagon and utes too. Thanks Australian government!

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/17/holden-to-announce-export-of-commodore-sedan-to-north-america-o/

I don't understand why they don't just call it a Caprice?

Who cares, I'll be buying it. My G8 and GTO have been the best vehicles ever.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN
I dunno, I think the 599 GTO is one of the best looking vehicles to ever be produced.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Pseudonym posted:

While it's not a wagon, here's another thing that pisses me off that it won't make it here, the Volvo V40:

It's also one of the safest cars ever tested by the European counterpart to the NHTSA.

That's pretty ugly.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Franco Caution posted:

Im confused whats all that special about this.
Doesnt the polestar package(which is available now)bump power to 250hp 273 torque anyway?

So really the special editions are getting blue paint, mono-tube dampers, stiffer springs, and steering tweaks? poo poo, I almost forgot the option for dealer price gouging!

Kind of a let down. I still want my AWD powder blue 400hp super wagon for not a lot of money. Dont any of you wake me from my dream.

I think that was called the Magnum SRT8?

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Powershift posted:

The chev dealer in rimbey Alberta has 10 or 11 "ultimate gfx" 2012 half tons sitting on their lot this is the 50k Harley Davidson f150 knockoff. With a new model coming and that outdated pickups sitting unsold in a province with more pickups than people, gm is in for some massive pain.

It's pretty much meet the new GM, same as the old GM.

I don't think they can hear you over the $16 billion in profits it has made since bankruptcy.

Yep, same old same old.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Throatwarbler posted:

I thought the cop car was the SS and they were already showing off pre-production models of it. Aren't they still on the wall about whether there is even going to be another Commodore?

No.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN
I like the 'vette rear end better...

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Throatwarbler posted:

They didn't say where they were going to build it so one assumes Australia, in which case they're going with the classic GM "well we lose money on each one we sell so let's make it up on volume and try not to sell too many of them" strategy.

Yes, because GM has been showing "classic GM" for the past couple years right?

They have said from the beginning that this was a limited production vehicle. Do you ever look anything up or do you just type the first thing that pops into your uneducated mind?

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Cream_Filling posted:

From what I've heard, there's a decent chunk of people internally that hated the GTO/G8 and consider it a failure (instead of concluding that Pontiac was a failure that dragged down otherwise viable models), to the point where we had various execs trying to reassure people that the G8 isn't coming back. The decision to release the SS only as a limited edition sounds like a compromise between those two groups.

They had a contract still with GM Australia that needed to be upheld as well.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Cat Terrist posted:

Ummmm yeah.... no. Why you think they stopped selling them and Holden had to redecorate a bunch of Commodore SS's with Pontiac front ends so quick?

That had nothing to do with popularity and more with the fact that Pontiac didn't exist anymore.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Oh wow, that's awful.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

asmallrabbit posted:

Am I the only one that finds it annoying that the speedometer is small and off to the side while the rpms are right in the center?

yeah

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN
The Buick Regal and GS can be equipped with AWD now. That makes me extremely happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN
The Hamann X6's are loving everywhere in Dubai.

Made me like them a lot actually...