Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah I don't see how they can have a license at all. Since Dark Sun actually got an update in 4e, and seemed really popular, I would assume WotC would want to put out a version for Next as soon as possible.

Unless it is possible for WotC to grant a company the rights to make a version of their setting while still able to make their own. But it seems doubtful as wasn't there a lot of bad blood between Paizo and WotC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

grah posted:

Well, it has a few neat implications for encounters, though it isn't really worth summoning 9 Lantern Archons in most cases.

For one, when it breaks apart they share HP evenly, so it can negate any concentrated fire that took place before the gestalt. For another, it ups the DC of their Archon Aura. This isn't as good as forcing 9 separate checks, but it has a bit more bite to start off with. As a Large Air Elemental it also gives the Archons access to Whirlwind, which can be pretty rough on a PC with a low reflex save. And the idea of a giant whirling mass of Lantern Archon spinning around and shooting lasers everywhere is pretty dope all by itself.

Man now I kind of want to play as this. Not the one who summoned them but the 9 lantern archons forming up lantern voltron.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
So it sounds like Mythic might allow a true magic missile spammer, so one good thing coming out of it. Probably just about the only good thing as it sounds like it helps magic users a lot more than melee.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah suggestions might be see if your DM can let you start at the same level as the others, or actually allow gear according to Wealth by Level. But since those both seem highly unlikely to work out something like a Druid could work. You could build around wild shape and still be able to get into the thick of things.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Still wish I good get into a Pathfinder game that would allow the goon made True Namer. I really want to try it out, since the 3.5 one seemed so interesting but didn't work, and the Pathfinder version looks like it could work. Might even be more interesting than the 3.5 version.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Castomira posted:

What are people's opinions on rolling an awakened ooze PC? I'm thinking of rolling one just as an experiment, and I'm wondering if the benefits of the ooze type completely break the game. If you finagled some reason or other to get rid of critical hit immunity, would that be enough to keep the character from messing up every encounter the GM planned out?

I admit, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about non-humanoid PCs lately ever since a GM of mine approved me to play an undead PC at level one, and once I actually looked up what that entails in Pathfinder, I called him back and told him I could not possibly play one in good conscience.

How would you go about doing that? I have always wanted to play a Gelatinous Cube.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Well my Warlock might die, if he gets rushed/swarmed again. Thinking I need to invest in some AoE stuff. If he survives, and levels, I should be able to pick up an at will 20 foot radius burst that I can fling pretty far.

But if he does not I will need to build something else, and I am wondering if there is anything in Pathfinder that has a harmful aura, like is on fire or something, or anything with at will area damage other than eventually the warlock.

On a similar, but somewhat different, tangent I was wondering if anyone knew how to build a Fire Elemental using the Advanced Race Guide rules. Particularly a large fire elemental. I think the preview/beta version had elementals statted out, but the current version doesn't.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
So is there any good way in Pathfinder to play a gelatinous cube? It looks like the suggested method of playing a monster is to oval office as being a level equal to their CR, which in some cases seems to result in more Hit Dice than level. Then lowering the CR periodically.

But I haven't seen anything like Sentry Ooze or Awaken Ooze for Pathfinder, and even in 3.5 it doesn't really give anything like ECLs for them.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hmm I think I have seen the Squole before. I remeber finding it massively disappointing the last time I looked at it. It might be interesting to play but it is not really anything like a slime, let alone a gelatinous cube, at all. It is a humanoid that happens to have a few things to try and emulate an ooze, poorly. That said it does look interesting, just not what I was hoping to find.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
What would be a good trait for a Duergar Aegis?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Definitely go for Arcane to eventually get the uh 9th level Arcane ability? The one that gets you 3 wizard/sorcerer spells. Scintillating Pattern seems perfect, especially if your whole -6 HD for Color Spray thing works on Scintilating Pattern as well. And then you can cast right through my current character idea, though my current idea should not be on the front lines.

Speaking of building characters for that game. Does anyone know of any feats beyond Cosmopolitan to add Knowledge skills to one's class list? Or any good feats for an Alchemist with only 1 level?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

pawsplay posted:

I find the firearms mechanics jaw-droppingly bad. They bypass an entire part of the rules (AC) and the price they pay is being completely awful. Which means that most of the time, the gunslinger is either screwing someone or being screwed. As the fighter is to the gunslinger, so the wizard is to a hypothetical class that does nothing but cast variations on magic missile. Unless you're a pistolero and you like knocking Gargantuan dragons prone by hitting them twice in one round, there really isn't much to write home about. This is one of the few rules add-ons that I as a third party publisher basically pretend doesn't exist. There are several sets of firearms rules put out by third parties that are decidedly less bad, and some of them predate Pathfinder's shambling attempt at firearms rules. It wouldn't even seem that bad, if it weren't pointed out in the beta test how bad all the rules were. If it was just some giant turd created after a night of feverish dreams by a dev working under a deadline, I could sort of forgive it. As it is, I can only blame groupthink.

I know you say this as a bad thing, and sure it is, but I would actually like a class focused on just casting variations of Magic Missile.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah I don't usually play Wizards, or other limited use spellcasters, but I have wanted to try the Force Missile Mage. Perhaps with that one Force focused prestige class in one of the later arcane books in 3.5. Or maybe adding that one War Wizard kind of prestige class from the Dragonlance books that adds a bonus to damage that shows up on each missile. But I have never really had the chance.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I am hoping that one of these, most likely the Hunter, ends up being a melee heavy shapeshifter without spellcasting. But I don't have a lot of hope for it despite the thread that went up in response to the announcement having a lot of people wanting some kind of shapeshifter.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Also there are at least two other unarmed fighting classed on the Pathfinder SRD. Admittedly they are 3rd party, but they are still there. I kind of want to see how the Brawler works to see how it compares to the options already available. Still I wish they would build something like a melee focused, non spellcasting, shapeshifter. The Hunter is supposed to be a ranger/druid combination so there is a slight hope it might be, but honestly I didn't think Ranger and Druid needed to be combined as a Ranger already has a touch of Druid in it.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
As far as I know most people do play that way, but some will search for any way around it. Like pounce, or extra move actions. The thing is 3.x/Pathfinder is the only edition that works that way.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah I want to see it but their site is totally down and I'm not sure anyone can get it.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Reading the playtest of the Advance Class Guide. Read Arcanist and the base for Bloodrager, still reading individual bloodlines for the Bloodrager though.

So far Arcanist seems both blah and likely weaker than either Sorcerer or Wizard. It gets a pool of 3+1/2 level uses of a boost to a spell for their selected school specialization or to use one of the Sorcerer Bloodline abilities they would have for the Bloodline they select. Maybe this gives more uses than normal but I doubt it, and they lose out on everything else Wizards or Sorcerers would get except a few bonus feats.

Bloodrager on the other hand seems real nice. It gets Bloodrage which works like Rage and counts for Rage for things like feats and prestige classes. At 4th they get 1st level spells and can cast Bloodrager spells while Bloodraging. They only get 4 spell levels, and each Bloodline gets a bonus spell at specific levels. The Abyssal bloodline for example gets Stoneskin as the last of its bonus spells. Each bloodline gets to select bonus feats at certain levels, each bloodline has its own pool to select from. I believe these feats are only in effect while bloodraging. Also each bloodline gets specific "bloodrage powers" at certain levels. These are not like Rage powers that consume rounds but rather permanent buffs/alterations for the duration of their Bloodrage.

So far I have read Aberration, Abyssal and Arcane.

Aberration is about staggering enemies on successful crits, with a failed fort save, extend reach, fortification or immunity to certain conditions. The whole bizarre anatomy thing that often show up in aberrations, and eventually stuff like blindsight.

Abyssal is about getting a pair of natural weapons that slowly increase in damage and become flaming, increasing their size, and big strength buffs. Typical abyssal resistances to energy types and immunity to poison and electricity. And eventually gets a flaming aura.

Arcane is not what one might first expect. It is primarily focused on screwing over enemy spellcasters, counting its levels as fighter levels for two different bonus feats that are designed around shutting down spellcasters. Gets things that make it more difficult for spellcasters to cast defensively, gets an extra pool of Opportunity Attacks specifically for people trying to cast defensively, and eventually makes it so any attempt to cast defensively will always provoke an opportunity attack. That said they also eventually get up to 3 buff spell cast on them for free as they enter a Bloodrage that lasts for the duration of the Bloodrage rather than the spell's normal duration.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The Bloodrager is more of a self-buffing Barbarian, as far as I can tell it is just as strong as a Barbarian except without selecting the normal Barbarian Rage powers, instead getting specific always on while bloodraging abilities. I like it more than any other class in the playtest.

I kind of like some of the Investigator stuff but not sure while it has Alchemist stuff at all. 1d6 is kind of blah, though it can be used for free on some skills, and certain talents can extend the list of skills it can be used on. Another talent at 7th level increases the 1d6 to 1d8. Still not particularly much but it is there. Of course if one got to 20th level somehow they would double the number of Inspiration dice, and also negate a bunch of those talents by being able to do it for free on a bunch of skills. The biggest problem I see with Investigator is that it gets Sneak Attack at 4th level, improving every other level until +9d6. On a class that seems to be focused on skills rather than combat. Yet the Slayer, a combat focused assassin type of merger between rogue and ranger, gets Sneak Attack at 3rd level improving every 3 levels and maxing at +6d6. Yes the non-combat class gets more Sneak Attack than the combat class.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

ProfessorCirno posted:

The former. All skald bonuses are the same as barbarian rage bonuses. In fact, all the skald does is give others barbarian rage. Barbarians get nothing from it.

Whats worse is that it is a weak Barbarian Rage that they grant. Barbarian's and Bloodragers get no benefit, preferring their own Rages/Bloodrages. Other classes that require concentration or cast spells probably don't want to accept the Skald bonus either. So it is less useful than the normal Bard songs.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Well I would have loved a character that relied on auras, perhaps like the Marshal or Dragon Shaman from 3.5 but probably more like the Paladin in Diablo 2.

Speaking of Dragon Shaman it would have been nice to have a class like the Dragon Shaman or Dragonfire Adept that focused on at will, or at worst every 1d4 rounds, breath weapon. Perhaps with other dragon themed abilities.

Also it would have been nice if there was an official class like the Warlock that had at will magical abilities, though preferably stronger than the 3.5 Warlock. There is a 3rd party one but it is of questionable quality, even though I am playing one.

Heck it would be nice if they made something like the Binder that could change its abilities each day by picking a suite of abilities, and getting multiple suites of abilities at higher levels.

Tome of Battle style classes would be nice as well. Though it sounds like Dreamscarred Press is making something like that. Of course that isn't exactly official, though their psionics stuff is the closest to official that has been released.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
One of the Path of War classes has something like Marking, though a limited number of times per day and without the mark enforcement. I think it was the Warder.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
There is a Warlock class in Pathfinder, it is 3rd party though and could use some work. It gets DR against everything except 3 things you pick from a list. This list includes fire, cold, etc. This suggests the DR works against elemental damage which is not normal. It can pick up an ability to have at will Summon Monster 2 with the summoned creatures lasting 24 hours and having max hit points instead of half. This can get a bit out of control at low levels, and at 20th can get crazy again with an upgrade that makes it work as any of the Summon Monster spells.

Otherwise this Warlock class picks Wizard Arcane School abilities at various levels and gets to ignore progressively heavier armor arcane check penalties. It has a few other options that are separate from the Wizard Arcane School abilities, including the bread and butter Arcane Bolt that is a ranged touch that increases in damage as you level and can be any one of a number of elements.

I would probably say the 3.5 Warlock is better, though some of the options available to this 3rd party Pathfinder version are interesting, like the various Arcane School abilities that give an enhancement bonus to a stat. But yeah I would prefer the 3.5 Warlock, especially if made more powerful and got more Invocations as they level than the 3.5 version.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Ambi posted:

Oh that is a nice build. I am somewhat sad about weapon cords, as it was the only way to actually dual wield pistols other than having revolvers or an alchemist extra limb. It did also have the hilarious benefit of showing that at least some of the pathfinder devs didn't know their stuff, and wanted to revoke the Gunslinger's ability to full attack at all, because martial classes can't even have their one fun thing.
I would love to run a game of Magic vs Non-magic, maybe using some things similar to the Numerian on the non-magic side, or tech salvaged from them, picking up some of Eberron's magitech as intermediaries and counterparts?

Have you thought about tying it to BAB? Full BAB classes get +3 HP per level, 3/4 BAB classes get +2 HP per level, and 1/2 BAB get +1 HP per level? Since BAB is tied to Hit Dice and therefore average HP, this would mean that the bonus HP from Toughness scales with average HP. As-is Toughness is more useful to low-HP classes like full casters, as the bonus HP is more significant.
(Expanding it to 1/2 BAB and classes capable of 9 levels of spellcasting would also cover Druids and Clerics, if necessary)

Has anyone looked at the new Dreamscarred Tome of Battle inspired classes? I like the idea of anything ToB related, as it is a nice and quite simple means of upping Fun Martial StuffTM via giving them Martial spells under a different name, but I haven't had enough time recently to look through it all yet.

What I have seen of the new Dreamscarred stuff looks great. It is 3, or is it 4?, new classes with the whole Maneuvers and Stances thing. They have two of the classes out as $8 pdfs, or a $15 subscription that gives you everything as soon as they are out, and is supposed to have 4 releases which is why I wonder if it is meant to be 4 classes, or if the last will be things like prestige classes an archetypes. Warlord and Stalker are the ones out so far I believe.

Warlord is interesting, listed as a striker but is pretty good at improving their allies teamwork. Their Discipline options are fairly broad, some focused more on giving allies boosts, others more focused on crazy damage on a charge or what not. I would definitely consider it better than any of the other Warlord classes from 3rd party companies. Man is that name popular.

Stalker is definitely a striker, and would seem more like one than the Warlord. They get Ki points, with various uses of them, and Deadly Strike which is normally triggered when they crit against a target, and then every hit against that target they make for Wisdom modifier rounds adds Deadly Strike dice. Daily Ki points can also be used to trigger it. Their Disciplines tend to focus on two weapon fighting or atemi kind of attacks that inflict things like ability damage.

Warder which is not out yet is a defender, from the Alpha it gets things like a pseudo mark, with no enforcement I think, and gives allies within range a bonus to AC. Very defense oriented. Disciplines tend toward brawling with some unarmed attacks thrown in or increased unarmed/discipline weapon damage, etc., or very defensive oriented.

Of course each of these have a number of disciplines available to them, just like the Tome of Battle classes that inspired them, and there is some overlap. Can't wait until they are all out and available enough so that people will start using them.

Also there is another class in playtest called the Harbringer, which is a bit more magical. It was listed as the first expansion class for Path of War, so I am not sure if it will be included in that $15 subscription or not. It has a curse focus, with various things cursing a target and with some of their maneuvers they get from some of their Disciplines doing extra things to cursed targets. Their Disciplines also focus on a mirror theme, which has some interesting stuff.

Basically it looks to me like some of the best stuff for Pathfinder, already out in the case of their psionic stuff, or coming out in the case of their Path of War stuff, is Dreamscarred Press. And I for one can't wait to see what other stuff they come out with, especially if it gives more options for non spellcasters to compete.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah it would help if the Monk was actually any good at that. I know it isn't Pathfinder but I really like this reworked Monk someone made for 3.5. At first level it got something called Versatile Attack that lets it use Str or Dex for attack and damage of unarmed attacks and to all contested combat maneuvers (such as bull rush, disarm, grapple, overrun, sunder, or trip checks). At 3rd level it also gets Empty Strike which adds Wisdom modifier to attack and damage and to all contested combat maneuvers (such as bull rush, disarm, grapple, overrun, sunder, or trip checks). So by third level they could be using Dex+Wis or Str+Wis to attack and damage and to things like bull rush, grapple, trip, etc.

It also has a bunch of other nice changes to monk including giving them an actual enhancement bonus to attack and damage. It looks really good and I want to try it in a game at some point, if anyone would actually allow homebrew.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Zurai posted:

Flurry as an attack action means infinite attacks. Flurry of blows is a full attack. Full attacks consist of multiple attack actions.

Better to just reword Spring Attack to be identical to Flyby Attack except without the flying. Attack actions are one of the most idiotic and confusing (even to the Paizo staff) things Pathfinder introduced.

This might not have been clear. There are no infinite attacks. The monk I had linked, which I really want to try in a 3.5 or Pathfinder game, can use Flurry either on a Standard Attack or a Full Attack. They gain the normal extra attack will all attacks at -2 at 1st, with the penalty lessening as they level, level 5 and 9 I believe each reduce the penalty by 1, and at 11th they get a second extra attack from Flurry. All of that is I believe the same as normal Monks, the difference is they can use Flurry on a Standard Attack.

It also specifically calls out certain feats. If they have those feats they can combine Flurry with them. These include the opportunity attack from Combat Reflexes and the one attack from things like Flyby Attack, Ride-By Attack, Shot on the run, Spring attack, or Swim-By Attack they can can combine flurry of blows with these feats to flurry on the move. If the monk obtains additional attacks via Bounding Assault or rapid Blitz, they gains the extra flurry attacks only once.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The funny thing is some people on the Giant in the Playground forums tried re-balancing some classes like the Monk and the Fighter, and I personally really like the result. This was of course for 3.x rather than Pathfinder, but then other than the lack of archetypes and getting x4 skills at 1st level instead of x1 with a +3 to class skills, it should not be hard to use it in Pathfinder.

The rebalanced monk Here gets:

*8+Int skill points per level, but all the rebalanced classes they made get more skill points. Technically I am seeing 10+Int but I remember it being 8+Int and a later alternate class feature mentions 8+Int as base.

*Still only gets 3/4 BaB, though there is an alternate class feature that trades skills for fighter BaB.

*It gets Flurry as a Standard action, on a Charge or as part of a Full Attack Action. This flurry is also usable on all those X on the Run feats that normally let you attack once, and it is usable on Opportunity Attacks if you have the Combat Reflexes feat. As usual the penalty to attack goes away as you level and you eventually get 2 extra attacks.

*Unarmed damage starts at 1d6 and increases to 6d6 by 20th level.

*Gets Versatile Attack which lets them use the better of Strength or Dexterity for attack and damage with unarmed strikes.

*At 3rd level it gets the usual +10' bonus to movement, that increases as they level, but it goes a step further. This bonus is also added as a competence bonus to Balance, Jump and Tumble. Yeah this lets them eventually meet those crazy epic DCs that 3.5 had. It also reminds me of that Blade Dancer prestige class from Oriental Adventures.

*Also at 3rd level while unarmored it adds Wisdom modifier to attack rolls of unarmed strikes as well as to all contested combat maneuvers. In Pathfinder I guess this would be added to CMB and CMD.

*Starting at 4th level they get the usual Ki Strike except that instead of just counting as Magic they get an actual enhancement bonus to attack and damage, they also get to choose something like Cold Iron, Adamantine, Lawful, or Alchemical Silver each time the +1 increases.

*When they get Tongue of the Sun and the Moon they also get to use Wisdom in place of Charisma for Diplomacy and Handle Animal rolls.

There are other benefits as well, a number of once per day or Wis mod times per day abilities. It also gets some new or improved feats and Alternate Class Features which while not quite Archetypes are at least some customization.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Arivia posted:

Thank you! There will be a second part about dungeon design, since I have even more articles collected on that.

And yes, I will mention it in here - Pathfinder recruitments are astonishingly rare on SA, so I want everyone to have a chance!

So this Hexcrawl thing, it is a Pathfinder game that builds the world hex by hex as it is explored? I am curious, also I am looking for an opportunity to try some stuff from Path of War now that it is on the PFSRD.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hmm I still want to try something from Path of War, like the unarmed focused Warlord, but now I am curious about these classes from the playtest. Need to take a look at them, especially the Kineticist.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Huh so apparently the Harbringer isn't the only upcoming Path of War class. There is a Path of War Expanded in the works which has the Harbringer, a Zealot, and some more options including archetypes for classes to give them maneuvers.

So the Zealot looks like a Paladin like Psionic Path of War style character. Gets Maneuvers and Stances. Readies Maneuvers by spending 10 minutes, which also lets them change which ones are readied, and of course starts each battle with all readied maneuvers unexpended. Can recover one maneuver by spending a standard action, or can recover Cha mod, minimum 2, by using a standard action to Aid Another. The latter also activates their Zeal feature.

The Zealot has a Collective, like some of the other Psionic classes, that they can bring people into. Up to their Cha mod or half their Zealot level, whichever is higher. Has a general understanding of their collective's condition, can use willing target/harmless maneuvers on a member of the collective no matter the range, which is probably good for any that might heal or something. If they have spells, psionic powers, etc from a multiclass they can use them through the collective too.

The Zealot's Zeal grants people in their collective a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls for a round every time the Zealot hits an enemy with a strike maneuver, also when they use Aid Another. This bonus goes up at 5th and every additional 5 levels. And gains other bonuses from other features at later levels.

The Zealot picks a Mission, like a cause or well mission. Each has benefits that are gained at certain levels, granting bonuses when Zeal is triggered, a feature that happens when you maintain psionic focus, and finally two augments to your maneuvers that look like they use Psionic Points to do something additional.

The Zealot gains Convictions at various levels, each grants a special ability like using Cha instead of Wis for qualifying for Psionic feats.

The Zealot gets Martyrdom where once a round when a willing creature in the collective is hit you can transfer 5 damage per Zealot level to yourself, and can spend up to 1 PP per Zealot level to negate 3 damage per PP of the damage you transfer to yourself. Gains further benefits at higher levels, including a +Cha to CMB if you have used Martyrdom in the last round, increasing the amount per PP that is negated, etc.

At higher levels the Zealot gains the ability to use Aid Another at any distance for members in their Collective, gain Telepathy with members of their Collective, the ability to Aid Another when knocked to 0 or less hp, a special stance that all members of the collective can enter at the same time, the ability to spend PP when using a maneuver to let someone in your collective also use that maneuver within the next minute.

Where the Zealot is Psionic the Harbringer is more magical.

They get Stances and Maneuvers as well. Of course they do they are a Path of war class.

They reclaim a single expended maneuver whenever they Claim a creature, a feature they have, and recover a number of maneuvers equal to Int mod when a creature they have Claimed is reduced to zero or less hp. Also they can spend a standard action to recover a single maneuver.

The Harbringer has Dark Claim, as a swift action can Claim an enemy that they can see (even with special senses like blindsense or tremorsense) within close range. They automatically know the position of creatures they have Claimed, but still have total concealment against a Claimed creature they can no longer see. The Harbringer can have a number of Claimed creatures equal to or less than their Int mod at an given time.

At 1st level they add half their Int mod as an insight bonus to attack rolls, at 4th they add their Int mod to Fort and Ref saves, at 7th the insight bonus to attacks because full Int mod, and at 10th they gain an insight bonus to damage rolls equal to their Int mod.

They gain a competence bonus to speed of +10 feet at two different points, for a total of +20 by 10th level.

The Harbringer gets a Dark Focus where they choose a discipline and get various bonuses to it as they level. Eventually they can expend a maneuver to instead use a maneuver of a lower level from their Dark Focus, and at 20th all of the maneuvers in their Dark Focus count as readied at the start of each combat.

At 3rd level the Harbringer can move up to their speed as a swift action 1/encounter, gaining extra uses as they level. At 9th and 15th level they choose a feature, like a fly speed equal to their land speed, a swim speed and no need to breathe, a climb speed and a bonus to grapple, or teleport up to their speed as a move action.

They gain the ability to initiate a readied strike as an immediate action once per encounter when they reduce an opponent to 0 or fewer hp.

The Harbringer gains a dodge bonus to AC and Reflex in any round in which they have moved at least 10 feet.

Gain the ability to use Magic Aura at will.

Gain the ability where when flanking a creature that creature suffers a -2 penalty to saving throws and skill checks.

Eventually get the ability to move half their speed as an immediate action once per encounter.

Eventually creatures Claimed by the Harbringer are also shaken while the Claim persists.

The Harbringer gets the ability, as a swift action once per encounter, to treat close range as their melee reach for the purpose of initiating strikes, for Int mod rounds. Doesn't help with threatening, but can stay a bit further away and hit things.

Eventually gets something kind of like Spring Attack, but for initiating a single strike during the movement.

At 18th level the Harbringer can initiate a strike when they make an attack of opportunity.

And at 19th level maneuvers initiated by the Harbringer ignore any and all immunities possessed by the target.

Some of the Maneuvers in one of the Discipline either curse the target or have additional benefits against cursed targets, and there is a feat to have Claimed creatures count as cursed.

Another Discipline available to them has a lot of mirror based stuff, like copying someone's bonus to something, or copying an attack roll, or make attacks against touch ac while attacks against you are against touch ac. Also a stance that gives you Mirror Image.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 26, 2015

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Transient People posted:

Harbinger, Zealot, Mystic (subject to rename), the Mithral Current and mounted combat disciplines, Warpaths, etc. etc. etc. This is really old news.

Ah, I knew about the Harbringer some time ago but not the others. Has the Mystic been playtested anywhere? Where I saw the playtest stuff for the rest didn't seem to have it, but did mention it might get renamed. Sounds like it might be elemental themed or something.

Also is there a way to get Broken Sword on a Monk or Brawler?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
And despite some people's reactions to the Synthesist, as being too powerful because it outshines a Fighter or something, it is actually more balanced than a normal Summoner. Because the Synthesist does not get the action economy of the normal Summoner.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah after looking at your post I looked it up, sounds like it is available to subscribers right now, and available everywhere on the 29th.

Also some stuff people have mentioned:

quote:

Barbarian Rage became 2 temp hp per level and untyped hit/dmg bonus

Summoner Summon Monster SLA was untouched
Black Tentacles became a 4th level spell for them - Haste is 3rd
Pounce is now 3 pts and level 7 required
Free evolutions based on eidolon type

Variant Multiclassing
>Rogue mutliclass gives Sneak Attack 4d6/evasion/uncanny dodge/trapfinding
>Bard grants bardic knowledge, some performances (including inspire courage and competence), versatile performance, and lore master.
>Monk grants unarmed strike, evasion, a ki pool, and the AC bonus.
>Oracle grants a mystery, a curse, revelations, and orisons.
>Sorcerers do grant their bloodline and bloodline powers.
>Witch grants hexes, a familiar, and cantrips.
>Magus grants arcane pool, magus arcana, and spellstrike.
>Alchemist grants alchemy, bombs, mutagens, and poison use.
>Druid grants wild empathy, a companion, and wildshape.
>Ranger grants, track, favored enemy, and favored terrain.
>Fighter grants bravery, armor training 1 & 2, and weapon training 1 & 2.
>Paladin grants detect evil, lay on hands, smite evil, mercy, and divine bond.
>Cavalier grants an order, challenge, tactician, and order & tactician abilities.
>Cleric grants spontaneous casting and the bonus language, one domain's 1st level power, reduced channeling, and the same domain's 8th level power
>Wizard grants grants school abilities and cantrips
All class abilities granted work as the original class feature. You also get the limitations (ie. Paladins vmc are LG etc.)
Class abilities granted count for feats/prc requirements etc.

Stamina system is meh
>burn to reduce twf penalties
>burn to defend against grapples

Monk got
>full BAB
>Flurry is now extra attack at full BAB
>at level 11 they gain an additional attack
>monks gain ki powers at 4th level and every 2 after
>Unchained monk does not work with all archetypes
>Abundant step at 8th level

Rogue got
>weapon finesse at level 1
>dex to dmg for one weapon at level 3

quote:

Should note Unchained Monk is now d10 HD and 2 good saves (Fort/Ref - Will is now poor)

quote:

>class whos theme is meditating and putting mind over matter to resist all kindsa poo poo
>poor will saves

wut

quote:

If it makes it better:

Flurry of Blows now adds one attack at highest attack bonus, and at level 11 adds a second attack at highest attack bonus.

quote:

That's 1 less attack

quote:

That's in addition to TWF.

I have to say what at this, I don't remember PF Monks being able to combine unarmed with TWF.

Ah.

quote:

Yup, but at a higher success rate:

>Monk
18/18/13/13/8/8/3
>Unchained Monk
20/20/20/15/10/5

You can't get extra from Two-Weapon Fighting or Rapid Shot, but you can get extra from Haste.

quote:

Well I don't have the book. Just going by what I get told/can find. So far we have:

>Rage = +2 hit/dmg and 2 temp hp per level
>Greater Rage = +3 hit/dmg, and 3 temp hp per level
>Mighty Rage = +4 hit/dmg, and 4 temp hp per level
AC penalty and Will bonus don't change.

Raging Swimmer is now a swim speed
Raging Climber is now a climb speed

Basic poo poo like that really.

quote:

Most class abilities are Ki Powers now. Ki Powers basically being Qinggong Monk. So you have select them. This means that you can't use most archetypes with it. For example:
>Diamond Body is a ki power

>Sorcerers do grant their bloodline and bloodline powers.

quote:

Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior/Martial Master Fighter with Sorcerer VMC for Orc Bloodline? Could be fun. Does VMC actually grant caster levels and spells?

quote:

So here's some more info on Stamina:
>Con + BAB = stamina pool

And here's how you can spend it:
>Combat Reflexes = spend 1 to get a second AoO off the same trigger
>Power Attack = Allows you to turn off the feat at the end of the turn
>Improved Trip = Spend stamina to defend against trips
>Improved Grapple = Spend stamina to defend against grapples
>Two-Weapon Fighting = Spend stamina to lessen penalties by 1 for every 2 stamina - this lasts until end of turn
>Improved Two-Weapon Fighting = Spend stamina to make an extra attack with off hand when making an AoO

Lot of the uses are Swift or Immediate actions.

quote:

>Untyped Rage Bonus
Android barbarian just went from impossible to best rage cycler.
Sparky the angry robot feels no emotion, except hate.

quote:

so is it time for wildshape Fighters, Barbarians and nature Paladins?

Personally curious about throwing that on the new monk.

quote:

This is an interesting question. What martial class would benefit most from being able to wildshape? Probably fighters, right? Wildshaping into a tiger or allosaurus or poo poo? You can take Natural Weapons for weapon training, can't you...?

Variant Multiclassing's gonna hit Paladins hard, though. Most paladin builds need too many feats to make it worth losing half of them, even for sweet class features, I'd say.

Maybe I'm wrong. Greatsword Pallies might have enough feats to spare...

quote:

Yeah, Fighters will probably go up a tier with all the multiclassing. Brawlers will probably be good too as its a free size change and Martial versatility can make up for the feats, a ranger with a natural weapon style will probably be good along with slayers that choose them as talents. If you wildshape into stuff like giants or apes any twohanded build will be great.

And that thread mostly devolved into talk that had nothing to do with Unchained.

EDIT:

Okay another thread with mostly similar info, but some more:

quote:

What's the cost of variant multiclassing?

quote:

Half your feat. So no feat at level 3,7,11,15,19

quote:

One ki power gives flight.
One gives discordant blast
Cobra Breath allows you to neutralize poison and spit it at people
Flying Kick gives double damage on an unarmed attack
Foot Stomp can prevent people from getting away
Elbow Smash can give you an extra attack for nonlethal

Most of the attack ones can be used as part of a Flurry. Couple are debuffs.

quote:

Here's the VMC for gunslingers:
>3rd level = proficiency in firearms
>7th level = Gunsmith class feature
>11th level = Amateur gunslinger feat
>15th level = 3rd level deed of your choice
>19th level = 7th level deed of your choice

quote:

Somewhat. There are still a bunch of things I am unsure of. Especially with how poisons etc. work now. But to fix some things on it:

Unchained Rogue
>Weapon Finesse at level 1
>Dex to Damage with Finessable weapon at levels 3, 11, 19
>Level 5 they get Signature Skill
>Signature skill advances at 10, 15, 20

For example, if you take disguise you get:
>Disguise in 1d3 mins
>No penalties for age, gender, race
>Disguise as a standard action

Stealth gets:
>less penalties when moving
>get better at sniping
>deny dexterity bonus for entire round

quote:

>Full caster vmc great, martial VMC bad

Never change paizo

quote:

>Witch gives cantrips, familiar, and hexes
>Druid gives wild empathy, animal companion and wildshape
>Cleric gives spontaneous heals, bonus language, 1st and 8th level domain powers and channelling
>Wizard gives school, familiar, cantrips, school powers and arcane discovery or bonus feat

Meanwhile:
>Gunslinger gives proficiency/gunsmithing/amateur gunslinger and two deeds

quote:

Druid gives you an ac and loving WILDSHAPE?

Fighter vmc druid is a reasonable class now, wow

quote:

Half-Orc Crossblooded Orc/Draconic Sorcerer VMC Admixture Wizard. I call him the Master Blaster. Is it totally suboptimal? Yes. But it's the 9th level caster with the most brutal dakka of all.

quote:

I wonder if we'll see any Drow Arcanist (Occultist) VMC Divination Wizard with the Blasphemous Covenant alternate racial trait.

quote:

>Summon Monster SLA was untouched

I thought that was the thing people hated the most about the Summoner. Won't this mean people will still just build Skilldolons and flood the battlefield with their super-summons?

I was hoping Summoner Unchained would be more about a bond with your outsider stand/partner, but sounds like he's staying right on my GM's banlist.

quote:

PFS thinks the strongers part of a Summoner is the Eidolon, that's why they think Synth Summoner is the strongest poo poo ever.
Yeah that seemed like the one thing it needed to change, not quite the Eidolon so much as their crazy summons.

quote:

At the stage pathfinder is at (ridiculous content and complete super hero brokenness), this book should have been 100% buffs across all classes that struggle at high level play.

A new monk and new rogue makes sense, nerfing anything - particularly the best spell-less class - is retardation beyond comparison. The gestalt/multiclass system is a great idea but shouldn't be so feat intensive that archers would have to sacrifice so much to do it. As it stands it's more full caster wanking, and does nothing to solve any of the problems in the game whatsoever.

People that dislike pathfinder want the following things:
>spell-less classes capable of utility (movement speeds, abilities to dispel magic, etc.)
>a completely new maneuver system (effective combat control outside casting)
>more updates and more options for fighter types (especially not just feats)
>new feats reducing the ridiculous chains to 1-2 feats (who gives a poo poo if there is overlap)
>getting rid of the big 6

Every release is the opposite of this. Loads of spells, new magic items no one will be able to buy or sacrifice a slot for, and feats requiring prerequisites that make no sense (pic related; a feat with ability and feat prerequisites already covered by having "mobility" for a poo poo benefit). They are actually making worse and worse content, and occasionally making something worthwhile (obviously) on accident.

quote:

>Hey guys, let's write a book dedicated entirely to Martials!
>Ok, poo poo what do we put into it?
>I know, how about full-page spreads explaining the parts of a sword!
>And full-page definitions about the different ways of hitting things with a weapon!
>Also, let's talk favorably of all of those feat taxes and trap options as if they're not bad!
>Oh, oh, I know! More magic items for non-martials!
>And as icing on the cake, let's put spells in it!
>loving BRILLIANT!

Yeah the threads sometimes get sidetracked.

quote:

Both reduce the recommended WBL.

One is inherent bonuses, like you just get scaling resistances and AC bonuses.

The other is items such as cloaks give resistance bonuses based on how much gold they cost. Amulets give nat. armor bonuses based on their gold cost.

I like the inherent bonuses more, but either is an upgrade to the base system. Its nice to be able to actually use those item slots on cool poo poo now.

quote:

Hot drat, thats means you can do MoMS with Sacred fist and a variant multiclass in druid and become a god.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 15, 2015

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Yukari posted:

What's the cost to do that variant multiclassing?

quote:

Half your feat. So no feat at level 3,7,11,15,19

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

quote:

VMC Wild Shape

spoiler:
You get it at level 15 and it is usable 2/day for small/medium animals. At 19th level it works like a 6th Druid and is usable 3/day.

Well there goes the dream of playing a non spellcasting Wild Shaper.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Seriously, I was really looking forward to the variant multiclass druid for Wild Shape on a non spellcaster until I learned how late you get it and how neutered compared to the actual Druid it was.

Was really hoping for a non caster wild shape character when the hybrid class book was first mentioned, but nope. No non caster shapesgifters. Except for the rare 3rd party class that is either worse than the wild shape druid at it, or that has a questionable feature that overshadows the shapeshifting part and potentially breaks the class.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
There is the Taskshaper which gets to pick any 10 skills as Class Skills, gets 6+Int mod skill points a level, d8 HD, 2 good saves, and 3/4 BAB. Is proficient in a all, non exotic weapons, armor and shields, eventually can use all spell completion items as if they were on its "spell list", and eventually gets proficiency in all exotic weapons. Has a pool of points it can use to imprint a skill or feat someone else has, or gain a +1 to a d20 roll. It gains other uses later on. At 2nd and every even level they can pick another thing to use those points on. Various options include 1/3rd level as Natural Armor for level minutes, improving the earlier abilities, gaining a natural attack for uh 1 round? that gets more natural weapons as you level, or IMPRINT CLASS ABILITY which was part of some exploit I believe, somehow gaining Infinite points for their pool or something.

At 3rd level they can spend one of those points to use Alter Self, improving as they level to:
5th beast shape I
7th beast shape II, elemental body I
9th beast shape III, elemental body II, plant shape I
11th beast shape IV, elemental body III, form of the dragon I, plant shape II
13th elemental body IV, form of the dragon II, giant form I, plant shape III
15th form of the dragon III, giant form II

Which is kind of nice, but compare to Wild Shape or the spells the Druid gets to do it? Especially since Wild Shape has such a huge duration.

Gets some more options for the pool, that require higher levels, eventually getting the chance to Baleful Polymorph, Flesh to Stone, or Polymorph Any Object. And then even more options for those points, though these new uses cost 2 points, including gain regen for a minute, or extend reach, etc.

So it kind of is a shapeshifter, though it focuses more on stealing other's abilities and getting some spells with its points, etc. And it is potentially super broke because of Imprint Class Ability. For a number of reasons.

Then there is the Shapeshifter in the Grimoire Viperian which still hasn't been added to the PFSRD. So much for 3rd party stuff getting put in there. I do have it, and it is one of two base classes in the book. The other is the Pyro which is all about using a Torch as a weapon. And yes it is terrible.

The Shapeshifter however is a non spellcasting Shapeshifter. So yay? Too bad I can't use it because it isn't on the SRD. But how good is it?

2 good saves, 3/4 BAB, d8 HD, 4+Int skills per level, and a much more modest skill list than the Taskshaper. But really who wouldn't have a more modest skill list? Start out at 1st level with Alter Self (Su) 1/day. And that is it. Seriously at 1st level you Alter Self once and then are done.

quote:

Changing form (to another creature or back) is a standard action
and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity. The shapeshifter's
caster level for this ability is equal to his class level.

Not sure off hand if that is different from normal Alter Self.

At 2nd level they get Shapechange (Su) works like Beast Shape I turning into any small or medium non-flying beast. Some changes from the spell, not sure how much is in the spell and how much isn't, has the same wording as Alter Self above. Last 30 min per level. Must be familiar with the form. Gains another use at 4th level and every 2 levels after, so every even level. Gains more form options as you level, always costs one daily use no matter which form. So by 20th level you are getting 10 uses of this feature. Gain flying forms at 5th, gain Large and Tiny at 6th as well as upping the spell equivalent to Beast Shape II, 8th adds Diminutive and Huge, and ups to Beast Shape III, and 10th level adds Small, Medium and Large Magical Beasts, Small and Medium counting as Beast Shape III while Large Magical Beast counts as Beast Shape IV.

Not sure off hand how this compares to Wild Shape, get it sooner, but which has more uses? Which gets forms faster? Also Wild Shape lasts what an hour per level?

So separate from the Shapechange is Monstrous Aspect (Su) at 3rd level, 1/day with no mention of eventually getting extra uses, when not currently shapeshifted and ending if it does shapeshift, it can use Bear's Endurance, Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace, or Longstrider.

At 3rd, 7th, 11th and 17th level you can pick a Favored Form (Ex)

quote:

a shapeshifter can select a specific type of creature (for example,
centaur, wolf, lion, bear, griffon, etc.) as one of his favored forms.
The form must be one he is currently capable of changing into
using his Shapechange or Form of the Mythical Beast abilities.

This grants a +2 enhancement to either Dex or Con, chosen when gaining the feature. +2 enhancement to Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist, Fly or Swim chosen when gaining the feature. And once 7th or higher a limited favored terrain, gaining +2 competence bonus on Initiative, Knowledge geography, Perception, Stealth and Survival checks. Doesn't get the Ranger pass without trace kind of thing, and the terrain is always the kind the creature lives in. Also at the levels when you gain a Favored Form you can change an old Favored Form into something new, that they are currently capable of turning into.

At 4th level get Supernatural Attack (Su) can 1/day, with more uses every 3 additional levels, make one natural attack count as magic, or as one alignment. At 6th level all natural attacks are effected at the same time. At 8th level they not only choose magic or an alignment but also choose either silver or cold iron. The attacks count as both magic/alignment and silver/cold iron. This ability last for 1 minute per level.

Form of the Mythical Beast (Su) comes in at 5th level. 1/day for 1 minute/level. Additional uses at 9th, 13th and 17th level. Mostly functions as Beast Shape II, with listed changes. it has a list of Forms, and the free Web Enhancement has more. In the actual book it is Centaur, Hellhound, Winter Wolf, Nightmare, Unicorn, Lamia, and GynoSphinx. Some get spell like abilities or breath weapons, each usable 1/day or 1/form use whatever. Some work as higher level Beast Shapes, and require higher levels to select.

At 6th level and every 3 levels thereafter the Shapeshifter gets a bonus feat from a list. Some of the feats have strange limitations, and can only be taken once. This does not make me happy.

At 5th level, why did this show up after the Bonus Feat?, and every 3 levels thereafter the Shapeshifter gains a Form Power (Ex) that can only be used while in Alter Self, Shapechange, Form of the Mythical Beast, Form of the Dragon, and Giant Forms. Some require an action, some have a limited per day use, some have requirements, some work like class features from another class and don't stack with those. Seems like about half are 1/day or 3/day. A couple give a Competence bonus on certain uses of a skill, based off level and maxing out at +10.

10th level gets Form of the Dragon (Su) 1/day, period, for 1 minute/level. Form of the Dragon I and Medium size at this level, going to Form of the Dragon II and Large at 12th, and Form of the Dragon III and Huge at 14th.

At 13th is Giant Form (Su) 1/day for 1 minute/level again. Giant Form I Large forms at this level and Giant Form II Huge forms at 15th.

And the capstone at 19th level is Swift Form Change (Su) making it so all but Mythical Beast and Monstrous Aspect can be done as a Swift Action instead of a Standard Action. Finally.

Actually typing all that out they seem to get a lot of transformations, at least once you start getting to like 5th level or more. Though a lot of them don't last anywhere near as long as Wild Shape.

Not actually sure how it actually compares to a Druid's Wild Shape, especially when you take into account possible Archetypes, or whatever the term was. Or feats. I remember there being a lot of feats that beefed up Wild Shape and that won't work for these.

The free Grimoire Viperian Web Enhancement has some tips for Shapeshifters, some adjustments of feats and magic items to be compatible with the Shapeshifter, instead of the Druid. Some suggested animals for the various levels and abilities. And some new feats and forms.

New Forms of the Mythical Beast include: Androsphinx, Thunderbird, Sea Serpent, and Phoenix. Phoenix is pretty dang cool, even if it does require level 18.

New Shapeshifter Feats, including some already existing feats with adjustments for Shapeshifters:

Aspect of the Beast (APG), Extended Form of the Dragon which extends duration from 1 minute a level to 3 minutes a level, Extended Form of the Mythical Beast ditto except 5 minutes/level, Extended Giant Form ditto 3 minutes/level also says can only be taken once which makes no sense as none of these extended feats make sense as being taken more than once, Extra Favored Form does as it says on the tin you gain another Favored Form and it can be taken more than once for even more Favored Forms, Extra Form of the Dragon lets you use Form of the Dragon 2 more times in a day for a total of 3/day, Extra Form of the Mythical Beast and Extra Giant Form both also add 2 more uses/day of their respective forms, same with Extra Shapechange, big surprise. Natural Spell. Uh basically it just extends the benefits of Natural Spell to some, not all, of a Shapeshifter's abilities should they be a Druid/Shapeshifter. Then again the abilities it doesn't effect probably can already cast spells. Powerful Shape (UM) specifically calls out you must choose Shapeshifter or Druid, if you have both, to benefit from the feat, also specifies it only works in the Shapechange forms, not any of the other options Shapeshifters get. Quick Wild Shape (UM) again only works for Shapechange and again pick Shapeshifter or Druid if you multiclass and it benefits only one of them. And that feat obviously loses its uses once you get the level 19 Shapeshifter feature. Shaping Focus (UM) same limitations as the other UM feats.

Druid's Vestments grant another daily use of Shapechange, but not the other shapeshifting stuff. Shifter's Deadly Gloves, 16k gold, are attuned to one kind of natural attack. While wearing them the Shapeshifter's natural attacks of that kind have an expanded crit range and count as magical. Shifter's Wounding Gloves are basically the same, except Wounding instead of Keen. Wild Armor works for the Shapeshifter's shapeshifting abilities like it does a Druid's Wild Shape.

The free web errata also has some errata and corrections. Some of which are fairly nice.

 Alter Self ability: change uses to 3/day instead of 1/day
 Level 20: Change Shapechange (10/day) to Shapechange (at will)
 Bonus Feats: Replace “Agile” with “Acrobatic” on the list of bonus feats. Also add the shapeshifter feats included in the web enhancement section to the list.

So yeah that problem of being able to Alter Self 1/day at 1st and nothing else? Not quite as much of a problem, and now it will probably be rare to not be shifted in one way or another. And hey 10/day is pretty nice, but finally at will Shapechange, albeit at 20th level which didn't have any capstone at all before. Now you can switch shapes as a swift action as often as you want, so long as they are beast forms that fall under the Shapeshifter's Shapechange of course. Much more utility. Use the right form for the right job, instead of staying in whatever form you were in so you don't waste uses.

Of course that is at 20th level. And besides Druid gets at will Wild Shape at 20th level. Also I just looked it up and I guess they only get 8 Wild Shapes at 18th level, so Shapeshifter is way ahead on Shapechange at least. Of course Wild Shape has Elemental and Plant forms, and has all those feats to open up more.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
So what Tier is the Synthesist considered, before and after these changes. Since if they are using their big feature their eidolon is out, not granting the better action economy of a base Summoner, and they probably aren't casting much while it is out, unless humanoid shaped ones can still cast?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Tier 1: Prepared 9-level casters
Tier 2: Spontaneous 9-level casters, summoner
Tier 3: 6-level casters that aren't summoner
Tier 4: Competent martial classes
Tier 5: NPC classes (Commoner, Expert, Warrior, Adept, Fighter, non-unchained Rogue, non-unchained Monk, Cavalier)

Where does the Synthesist Summoner fit? The one who loses out on the action economy game by turning their Eidolon into kind of a power armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Did the summoner have anything other than buffs and summons?