Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Start with 197.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Just marathoned 204-209 myself and I love how these fights have been animated and there's been a bunch of really great expanded content. Sharingarm in motion and properly discolored looks incredibly creepy. Here's hoping the quality persists!

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

uG posted:

He could have finished Sasuke when he had the chance, but instead he had to get him riled up by talking about Itachi. Then we could have gotten to see Danzo vs Madara, and how Madara would have tried to defeat Shisui's dojutsu.

Madara was starting up his Hoover no Jutsu when Danzo raised his blade. Sasuke would have gotten out either way. I'd imagine it's pretty tough to fight when you have to keep an eye (or 11) out for a guy who can just bypass your extra lives.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Yeah I do have some problems with the battle, was just going with an explanation that isn't Sasuke's plot armor feat. infinite chakra, hulking up and debuffing Aura of Bad Decisions. Too bad, Danzo was an interesting guy.

I'm noticing a worrying increase in flashbacks. The pacing is slipping, Sasuke vs. Bee was less than 2 episodes and it kicked rear end. Here's hoping we're not creeping back into 4TNaruto vs. Orochimaru territory.

Edit: Trying to update the OP but apparently Somemanga is going private and I can't find non-poo poo chapters to link to for the anime->manga crowd anywhere else :negative:

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 13, 2011

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Slave posted:

Why bother stretching content when you can spend 90% of the episode recapping old content.

Yeah, this week's episode was a double dose of insufferable by being full of recaps and Sakura.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

That arc NEVER HAPPENED stop reminding me of it :negative:

Probably will be quite a bit of filler for now since it's the only logical spot to cram it into.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

-Blackadder- posted:

Did all those fights/dead characters happen/come back during the Ninja War in the manga? I could never really tell while I was watching it and I'm not a manga reader.

Everything in the Ninja War arc has been canon material except for the couple obvious do-nothing episodes where team 8 got stuck into a cave or something stupid like that. Some of them were expanded in the anime though (the 7 swordsmen were mostly sealed off panel in the manga)

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Yeah this is just filler and for whatever reason they are dragging it out too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

JazzFlight posted:

Geez, I think this week was the first time I've ever seen filler FOR a filler. It was a lame hot-springs filler episode that apparently serves as a meaningless prequel to their own filler movie, Road to Ninja.

JUST MOVE ON, GUYS, COME ON ALREADY.

The weeks before that they created a filler character to be killed off in the current arc so they could do a flashback filler arc about who that character is. :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread