Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I just got caught up with this anime, so pardon me for asking...

BlitzBlast posted:

I can't wait for you theoretical anime-only watchers to experience the sheer awe that is the latest couple of chapters.

Is the manga over with yet? This seems like we're near the end, but with a franchise this big, I can never tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

JazzFlight posted:

I just watch out of some sort of twisted sunken cost loyalty now.

Pretty much this. I don't have a lot of anime I like that is also constantly airing, just One Piece and Naruto, and the former is still arguably interesting. Without Naruto I am left with just OP and a handful of seasonals with varying lengths of wait time between seasons.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Please, japan. The manga is over. The brakes have been pulled. Stop adding more grease to the tracks.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Larryb posted:

This arc hasn't been terrible but is there a reason why they're suddenly going back to filler now? The manga is over so they don't have to worry about catching up anymore and they no longer have a movie to promote so why do this?

My guess is money. It's been a successful merchandizing platform for over 10 years. I doubt anyone up top wants this to end so soon.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
If there was a Naruto Shippuden Kai that dropped all the filler (and I mean ALL of it), it would be pretty good.

I think that's why people were recommending the recent video game?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
One Punch Man is a must, no question.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I took a peek at wikipedia and there is a manga set after shippuuden.

I want to believe this anime will be over with... but I think we all know it'll never really end.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
To think, I've been watching naruto for as long as some criminals have been incarcerated!

I'm leering at those light novels, hoping they're just OVAs and not crammed in just before the final episode.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
It's like they didn't learn their lesson the first time trying to control the tailed beasts.

Oh but that was a crazy space alien tricking everyone behind the scenes, that won't be happening again. Incarcerated genetic freaks are much easier to control!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
My god, I can finally put naruto to rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm banking on Boruto being the next DBGT so I can ignore it with confidence.

• Locked thread