Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
Actually, since this thread exists, I was going to play Deus Ex again and actually finish it this time (I think I got to China, or France maybe.)

I was wondering what the best graphical enhancement mods to use would be, and also if there were any good mods that affect gameplay in a positive way or add more content (weapons, etc).

TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

Welp, Biomod sounds awesome. Looks like I'll be using it when I play the game tonight.

I'm assuming that because I'm using the Shifter mod in my current playthrough that I should be able to install Biomod and keep right on playing my current game with no compatibility issues, right?

I'd also like to know this, these changes sound amazing, but I'm playing through for the first time (On realistic mode, 10 hours in, in Paris at the moment), if you can't, then it's no big deal; I'll just use biomod in my NEXT playthrough :3:

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

Crappy Jack posted:

I still remember the secret room underneath Jacobson's office blowing my mind on like the tenth playthrough.

WHAT? I have yet to find this, hints?

Fuzz posted:

There's also a hidden secret medical lab with at least one Aug canister in it in the HK Waterways, in the area with the big ship. A LOT of people I know never found that thing after multiple playthroughs.

On my last playthrough I swam around there for hours and hours, and was never able to find it.

Recently completed Deus Ex for the first time using Shifter, absolutely loved it, I concur with the people who've said Realistic mode is the only way to play this game, doing another Realistic playthrough with biomod (Managed to get the "I underestimated your abilities" dialogue with Paul for the first time, before I shot Lebedev in the face with his own magnum, which I put about 10 upgrades on that I'd been saving up for it, disappointed about no new model or sound though)

I liked how I could still punish the NSF captain on Liberty Island, while going non-lethal, by pepper spraying him in the face and then beating the ever loving poo poo out of him with the baton until he hit unconsciousness.

Also, for the first time this game I interrogated the prisoners alongside Simons, there's so much awesome little stuff for this, I just really wish someone who knew what they were doing would get off their arse and make some new models and textures for a bit of weapon variety and poo poo, I don't care if they look just like the original Deus Ex models in style, but just show a different thing, it'd be nice if this magnum actually looked like a magnum (Because I'm gay for revolvers)

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
Just a quick question, is there any way to spawn upgrade canisters with the console? I never seem to have enough and I'd like to just play through with maxed out everything now I've completed it fair and square.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

Rex Deckard posted:

summon augmentationupgradecanister

Thank you, very much :)

I'm considering purchasing Invisible War just to get some more Deus Ex, I've heard it's not as good, but then I hear it has some pretty cool stuff like arsehole physics and a mod for weapons that vaporizes glass instead of loudly smashing it, which is something I quite wanted in the original actually.

Any thoughts?

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

butt baby posted:

Is there a way to change the difficulty of a savegame? I just realized medium is becoming way too easy

You should play on Realistic, I loved it. You can still feel like an augmented murdering bad motherfucker but you feel skilled when you pull poo poo off. Ended up quicksaving a lot though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

Xander77 posted:

TNM would be 100% better if the hub levels were compacted into half their current size and/or if you were given the speed augmentation from the very start. That should probably be a mod for the mod.

Prod with the prod, mod for the mod.

So it's about time for my billionth playthrough of Deus Ex, I'm going to be using Shifter and Biomod, naturally. I was wondering how to spice up the visuals a little, is New Vision worth using, and if so, what should I use with it, if not, what should I use instead?

Thanks in advance gentlemen.

(Why contain it? S'cool.)