Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
And it would be hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Elliot from Earth continues to be good. Up to episode 9 now and it’s fallen into a very Hitchhiker’s Guide sort of feel, which I don’t hate.

Yeah, as a choice of atmosphere, it's mostly harmless.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The World: OK, here's this successful show, just don't make an arse of yourself, all you need to do is release it!

Disney: [Destroys half of the room, screaming like an imbecile, and releases the show in such a way as to make farce of the work done.]

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just watch, its not even that given Matt's deleted post mentioned that the reason for the pull was "insane".

If they pulled on that, given real world circumstances, that would actually be quite sane imho.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 2, 2021

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

Can someone post with spoilers what "current events" or other factors might have seen the episode delayed?

Stop Asian Hate.

Its insane but...

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So don't expect Owl House s2 / BCG s-whatever any time soon?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
You don't think the suits wouldn't throw their (now actively revolting) creative staff under the bus to save one of their own?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It was OK but it suffers from Gregg Wiesman's habbit of planing for six seasons when he keeps getting the two.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
He is Son Woukon, yes.

Seriously, though, what's with Flying Bark and their bum luck with these things, huh?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Given how the disney channels went elsewhere around the world, I wouldn't be suprised.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
This habbit of dumping the first to eps of a show and then running off, arms flailing like The Joker, is a frustrating show of power for Toei and as such its very them.

There's littearly nothing stopping them from putting the show out in its entirity or giving it to another, non locked, streaming service.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 19, 2021

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
They have a few shows done but they're all (afik) third tier stuff from the 80's and none of its subbed to completion (besides the KR movies they have out because those only have the one thing to put out).

Also Tubi is region locked outside of the use so (fart noises).

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The OP will also get stuck in your head.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
And, given their track record with China, even if it clearly shown to completely work against them.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MadDogMike posted:

I noted in the She-Ra thread they actually had the little guy acting badass in this trailer, which is rather unexpected characterization. So maybe you're closer to the truth than you know!

I can live in a world where Orko is just Vivi minus the existential crisis.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
If they have issues about all that then they've not been paying attention the last 40 some years

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh the cow-having is going to be spectacular :sludgepal:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh. Boy. The cow havers will never shut up about this.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Larryb posted:

It might be even worse than the bitching about SPoP for that matter.

The stupid thing is the advertising was selling an absolutely diffrent show so that's a foothold that had no reason to exist that the cow-havers will absolutely milk dry.

At least with PoP they were pretty clear it was a new take from the off.

This just feels disingenuous.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 22, 2021

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It's less its (a different take on) He-man, as much as I enjoyed the 2k3 version as 'thing I watched before school / uni', and more the whole "The adverts were full of poo poo" thing for me.

Like I said, all that does is annoy people and give the cow havers enough ammo to never have to shut up about it.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jul 22, 2021

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm begining to wonder if having the (somewhat obvious) reversal of the state of things be left in the wilderness for six months in sevrvice of Netflix's trough viewing model is doing the show a diservice (moreso than it does normally, I mean) and letting the chuds have a foodhold where they really shouldn't.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

He-Man is "in it". The whole point of the show is the weight of his absence and the impact of serious consequences and grief onto a setting where the stakes had always been low. It's sort of comparable to Pleasantville.

It's Death (and Return, and Death, and Return presumably) of He-Man

Thankfully without the Metropolis Kid. Oh boy, could you imagine?

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 26, 2021

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

See this is why I'll never get to be a cartoon dood cuz my answer would always be some variant of "The fence you have up your arse."

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I don't know why were stupid enough to try to win them in the first place.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

I saw some of the leaked concept art for this, and said "oh, it would be cool if that gets made; I hope it does."

I was not expecting it to get made and be filled with actual Cartoon Network and Hanna-Barbera characters with none of the serial numbers filed off.

If this does go series, and the response has been pretty good from what I see, they're going to have to be very careful about who gets 'norted cuz the horror of, say, T.O.M. eating poo poo will have dulled if we see whole worlds worth of named characters having done so previously.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Nov 2, 2021

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I wouldn't say no to the Fox Kids Animated universe getting more stuff.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It's had a few but often very lacking in features and often whatever two bit behind-the-couch masters DIC had at time of poke ala ADV's old Sailor Moon release.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's also a Starship Troopers CGI cartoon listed that they worked on, and I have no clue where or whether that ever aired. It got cancelled pretty fast.

You mean Roughnecks? I think that went to Sci-Fi as it's a BKN Joint.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

The United States posted:

Yeah the Toy Galaxy video covers it, I assume this is just the result of their Kickstarter getting attention and them scraping up enough cash outside of Kickstarter to begin production

Still, you know what 1993-1994 toy commercial with a rockin' theme song should get a revival? That's riiiiiiiight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__m8Q-zRdEA

I mind that being not too bad, all in.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
And then they tried to copy Gerry Anderson's UFO's intro, it's all kinda hilarious.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
But the money, tho.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The company that will go to bat for Dave "I'm on Team TERF" Chappelle, Ladies and Gentlemen.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Larryb posted:

Also in regards to Ladybug, why did the originally planned 2D series fall through out of curiosity? It looked really good based on the promos I’ve seen at least

They got told to eat poo poo by the money men with some crap about 2D being for very young audiances if I recall corectly.

Then the showrunner, Thomas Astruc, went quite, quite mad and took the show down the tubes with him.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Larryb posted:

Ah, so would you say the final product is still worth a watch then or does it go downhill fast?

Its one of those slow hidenbergs. I'd only recomend it if your morbidly curios.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Its also a show that's not affraid to, out of its own initiative, have a character make the Family Guy Death Pose.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Teen Titans Go being the noted and frustrating exception

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
CN can't die fast enough.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Valve Steam Deck posted:

Adult Swim is certainly dying, I wonder what that means for CN too
https://twitter.com/thismyshow/status/1533184619608444928

Given AS is the vaguely successful half of CN, probably nothing good.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh boy. Thomas Astruc. Doing Astroboy.

Someone, please, shoot me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
As I "understand" it, shows written off like that become then property of the goverment so they could probably make them PD if they cared to.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Aug 19, 2022