Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neo Helbeast posted:

Did young justice get canceled? I can only find six episodes.

Its supposedly on track for the rest of this season and a second one. I've never heard an adequate explanation as to why they aired 6 or so episodes before they had any others ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I saw a couple of minutes of that the other day when I got done playing a game and had switched back to the cable feed. It was bland as hell.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm really not sure I get CN's reasoning behind their Friday evening action block. They show new episodes of everything, except Thundercats which has started over. Also not fun was last week when they gave no notice on a schedule change and flipped Batman and Generator Rex.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just wanted to remind everyone in this thread that the hour long Green Lantern cartoon is on in about an hour.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DivisionPost posted:

Here, I'll give you one to add to the list: James Bond Jr.

Yes, that was a thing, but I refuse to provide a YouTube on general principle.

The weird thing about that show was that he wasn't James Bond's SON, he was his NEPHEW. Which means he wouldn't really be "James Bond Jr."

Anyway, going further back to the early to mid 80s a lot of kids cartoons were absolutely terribly produced. Stuff like Transformers and TMNT were rife with bad animation and just plain animation errors. Stuff that wouldn't be acceptable at all today.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Behonkiss posted:

According to some Twitter posts I just read, it's the last one.

And they canceled the show to do a more serious version!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Argh, I just realized the joke of Henry Winkler on a shark jumping episode!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

kefkafloyd posted:

Not just Henry Winkler, but also Ted McGinley.

The Ted McGinley thing was an obvious joke but they never pointed out that the Fonz was voicing Ambush Bug.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Silentman0 posted:

I basically thought the same as your first sentence but then I found out that Ambush Bug was in an episode and now I'm finding out that Space Ghost is in an episode and now I have to watch the entire show.

They also did a musical episode with NPH as the "Music Meister" who controls people through elaborate song and dance numbers. Frankly they did some crazy stuff on the show like an adaptation of "Emperor Joker," an episode devoted to Superdickery and the surprisingly dark "Chill of the Night" where Batman finally confronted the man who killed his parents. With Kevin Conroy as The Phantom Stranger and Mark Hamill as The Specter acting respectively as Batman's conscience and desire for vengeance.

Basically, Batman: The Brave and the Bold works a lot better in practice than it sounds on paper.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was kind of confused by that "Crazy for Chew" one because I didn't see it as "Chew-You." Instead I read it as "Chew-chewing tobacco." Which seemed like an odd sentiment for a Valentine's Day card.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's something weird, I'm watching Adventure Time and they had an ad for this week's episode of Level Up and apparently its commercial free?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just saw a commercial saying Green Lantern starts next Saturday morning. Kind of surprised they're doing that when usually they premier new shows in the evenings.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

Saturday morning cartoons were on the way out long before Cartoon Network rose to prominence.

Why is Winnie Cooper twittering about cartoons?

Because she voices Miss Martian.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Changing the topic, anyone else watching the new CG Green Lantern? They aired the first "new" episode last Saturday and so far its been pretty good. Hal and Kilowogg have good chemistry and I'm enjoying the new Red Lantern character they introduced. He's kind of got a Prince Zuko vibe to him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Despite the complete lack of advertising it seems that Thundercats is back tomorrow morning.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sockser posted:

Morning? Oh, gently caress you CN. Eat a dick you goddamned jerks. This is what you did with Symbionic Titan. gently caress you

Might as well pronounce it dead right now.

Well, like raditts said, they're putting together a Saturday morning block considering the DC Nation stuff of Green Lantern and Young Justice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Both of those are Canadian subsidized produced shows so they probably don't actually pay all that much for them.

Edit: So is Level Up their first CN live action show to get a second season?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm not sure why its not on his list but Mad is specifically mentioned as getting another season in the news post on the site linked.

As for Thundercats, maybe they're just waiting to see how this season does before making a decision.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, that was Peter's hairstyle in the Ultimate Spider-Man comic. The only problem with that is that its a very "early 2000s" hairstyle and they even recognized this in a late run issue when his ex-girlfriends all got together, held him down and gave him a haircut.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was watching this week's Thundercats and man, all of the new characters introduced in the episode (the Tiger clan and Lion-o's mom) all looked like they were designed by Leiji Matsumoto. Especially Lion-o's mom.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stolen from the BSS cartoon thread:

RevKrule posted:

Teen Titans is coming back as Teen Titans Go with the original cast next year.

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=18781

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HorseRenoir posted:

They couldn't have used that money to make something else, like Plastic Man or something? The New Teen Titans shorts are okay and cute in small doses, but I can't imagine a full 30 minute series of them being anything but irritating.

I think a Plastic Man show would be even more obnoxious as a full series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

I believe there was some interview where he mentioned it's so they can maintain inter-show continuity with Ultimate Spider-Man and get the roster closer to the movie line-up.

Why couldn't they have just made Ultimate Spider-Man to be in continuity with EMH?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's a pretty terrible name for a show though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Good news everyone, starting next week Toonami is going to be airing Sym-bionic Titan and the new Thundercats.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

Has the new Thundercats been cancelled already? I didn't even ever know what time it came on.

I believe it just wasn't renewed instead of an announcement about being canceled. So technically it wasn't canceled and maybe the fact that they're making a big deal about adding it to a block is a good sign?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sockser posted:

Johnny Bravo was Van Partible though :confused:

He didn't voice the character but MacFarlane worked on the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

horriblePencilist posted:

What does everyone think of Beware the Batman? Personally, I'm fine with this whole Alfred having guns-thing, as long as it turns out he was the true villian and Joker was Batman's uncle all along.

But yeah, I'd definitely give it a chance. Especially considering how great TMNT and Green Lantern looks, I have faith in the CGI stuff.

They're supposed to be taking out Alfred's guns. Although it would be fun if they decided to make Beware the Batman an adaptation of the "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader" story where Bruce became Batman as a way to cope. But then there weren't actually any supervillains so Alfred gets a bunch of his old actor friends together and they basically become Batman's rogues gallery with Alfred saving the archvillain for himself.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was stuck watching a lot of Nick earlier today at my parent's place and thought it was pretty funny that they're apparently ripping off Tower Prep.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like I was mistaken and the show has been running for a season already, its House of Anubis.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neo Helbeast posted:

I see that too but, I don't see them advertising any new episodes.

I think they're just between seasons right now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Out of all those 90s Nick shows I think the only actor who ever made it out was Christine Taylor.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Netflix just added the 2000s era He-Man series. Its been a while since I've seen it but I remember it being pretty good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While I usually like Teen Titans Go! last night's episode (with Beast Boy refusing to turn back from a gorilla) was kind of a low point for the series. Mostly in how the characterization for everybody was completely off, especially Beast Boy who seemed like he rather quickly switched from just joking around to being a complete rear end in a top hat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

I've been watching old Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls episodes on Boomerang with my kids, and there's this one PPG episode I never saw before that's a parody of the old Jay Ward cartoons like Rocky & Bullwinkle. It's pretty hilarious how spot-on it is, but I wonder how many kids got the reference 15 years ago let alone how many would today.

I'd say the episode of PPG that kids are least likely to get is the one that's all Beatles references.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I mentioned this in another thread but my problem with this week's Beware the Batman was the bit where they talked about how he beat that obviously mentally challenged thug into a coma.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

readingatwork posted:

Today's episode of Teen Titans GO was hilarious. Beast Boy and Starfire cheering in front of the word "Lies!" nearly killed me.

I really liked Starfire's idea for how to get out of their corner of lies.

:ssh:more lies!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neo Helbeast posted:

Doesn't look like it. Shout Factory usually has DVD's of it if they exist.

I believe the issue with The Wonder Years is that like a lot of "period" shows the music rights issues are too expensive.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaunab posted:

If I remember correctly, then put the Ultimate Fury in the main universe as the regular Fury's son or something like that.

Terrible explanation for Nick Fury Jr

Waterhaul posted:

Years ago Nick Fury had a "secret" son that looked like Sam Jackson named Marcus Johnson.
Marcus grew up with his mother not knowing Fury was his father.
Bad dudes killed Marcus' mother so he teams up with his old military buddy nicknamed "Cheese" to find out who did it.
While doing this he finds out that Fury is his father.
And he has the Infinity Formula in his blood because Fury had it in his blood when he banged his mom.
Also bad guys cut out his eye "just cos".
Marcus beats up all the bad guys with the help of his friend "Cheese" and saves the day.
Because of this he and Cheese become Agents of SHIELD.
Daisy finds Marcus' birth cert which says Nick Fury Jr. on it so everybody says his name is now Nick Fury despite the fact that he's like in his 30's.
Also his friend "Cheese" real name is Phil Coulson.

It's all terrible.

Not every writer is happy with this and so one comic has Wolverine sarcastically referring to the character as "Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D." every time he has to talk to him.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, he was a villain and is currently dead so I'd say a more likely character to appear would be Ult Wolverine's son Jimmy Hudson.