Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Is there any difference at all between 1/48 and 1/50?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

Anyone know a decent wireless lav system that doesn't cost $2,000?

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

powderific posted:

The Sennheiser Evolution G3 seems like a common choice for lavs in the $500-$600 range, and I know there's a Sony set that's supposedly comparable in the same price range. I've rented the Sennheiser stuff many times and it's done well enough for my purposes.

Cool, I'll give it a look. Thanks!

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

Hey, is there a way to lock shutter speed on a 5D III? I accidentally flicked it down from 1/50 to 1/30 while in the field the other day and didn't notice for a good while, and I don't want that to happen again.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

Cute as heck posted:

Hey, is there a way to lock shutter speed on a 5D III? I accidentally flicked it down from 1/50 to 1/30 while in the field the other day and didn't notice for a good while, and I don't want that to happen again.

Found a solution, for anyone else having the same issue. You can swap your aperture and shutter speed dials from within the camera's settings. Then all you have to do is use the little lock lever for the back dial and you're set, no more accidentally ruining 20 minutes worth of footage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

The 5D3 eliminated the demand for the 5D3 as a video camera

• Locked thread