Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

-Atom- posted:

If my friend can't remember a name, he'll say Bob Sacramento regardless of gender.

Bob Sacamano. :eng101:

As in:

Jerry: "You know my friend Bob Sacamano..."
Elaine: "I thought he was Kramer's friend."
Jerry: "Well he called last night about 3am and we got to talking. He sells Russian hats down at Battery Park. 40 bucks."
Elaine: "40 bucks? Are they sable?"
Jerry: "No, but the difference is negligible"
Kramer: "Oh yeah, I like this idea."

The Chicken Roaster is still one of my favorite episodes. Jerry turning into Kramer is great.

edit - Here's the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUvzzEtNevY&feature=related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Postmaster General posted:

It's a RAT HAT?

And a poorly made one at that.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

the aftermath posted:

There was no way George could justify that one, Jerry was right on. Trash is trash.

Any man who says they haven't or wouldn't eat something from the top of the trash is lying. :colbert:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DrBouvenstein posted:

Remember...it's not a lie, if you believe it.

This is the best George line and I truly believe that it is the best advice possible for fooling a lie detector test.

Also, the George eating from the trash episode came on today and it's so hilarious because it goes from George eating the trash to him wiping off a windshield with a newspaper to him coming out of the bathroom with no shirt on. Also it has Pittman doing Hitler.

And it ends with the gymnast telling Jerry:

"In my country, they speak of a man so virile, so potent, that to spend a night with such a man is to enter a world of sensual delights most women dare not dream of. This man is known as The Comedian. You may tell jokes Mr. Jerry Seinfeld, but you are no Comedian."

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 4, 2010

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
YOU'RE A RABID ANTI-DENTITE!

Oh, it starts with a few jokes and some slurs.

HEY DENTIE!

Next thing you know you're saying they should have their own schools.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

wa27 posted:

edit: I've always wondered, are zip codes really meaningless?

No, ZIP codes are not meaningless at all.

Postal zones for large cities had been around since the 1940's, but a more general system was needed by the 1960s. The 'father' of the ZIP code (it should be capitalized since it stands for Zone Improvement Plan), Robert Moon, actually submitted the idea for ZIP codes back in 1944, but it wasn't implemented until 1963 and even then ZIP codes weren't mandatory until 1967. Also, the USPS only used the first 3 numbers of Moons plan.

The first 3 numbers of a ZIP code represent the sectional center facility, which it just a large processing center. All the mail for the area goes there first and then it is sorted again by the last two numbers in the zip code. From there the mail is sent out to correct local post office which then sorts the local mail into the delivery routes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I love 'The Muffin Tops' episode. First of all you have Kramer giving a reality tour (The last thing this guy is qualified to give a tour of is reality), then you have George being a tourist (No offense, but this city would eat you alive George), then you have Jerry shaving his chest (it's an old wives tale. Is it? IS IT REALLY?) and finally you have the titular muffin tops and the problems disposing the stumps.

It is just all woven together so loving well that I can't stop laughing during the entire episode. Anyone who says the last two seasons were the low seasons is just not right in the head.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Steve Higginson posted:

Sorry to call you out on this as it is very pedantic. However, what I've bolded is somewhat incorrect. In most every publication house's style guide you'll see that acronyms, such as Zip, Laser, Fifa, Nato, etc. only have the first letter capitalized (being proper nouns) since the abbreviation is pronounced as a word. You would only capitalize every letter with an initialism, where every letter is said such as USA (which is not pronounced Oh-sa).

Sorry for the newspaper geek coming out of me, I'll continue the Seinfeld dissection.

I remember the closest we ever came to meeting any of Kramer's unseen friends (Bob Sacameno, Gomez) was in one late season episode where one of them is in a porto-john with Kramer outside. Anyone remember the episode?

It's Bob Sacamano. :eng101: counter-pedanted! :)

But seriously, are you perhaps in the UK? I am just asking because in most American publications I have seen they don't capitalize common acronyms like laser, scuba, or radar because their acronyms have fallen to the wayside, which I suppose is also true of ZIP but I have seen ZIP go all three ways: all caps, single cap, no caps. Also, I believe most American publications use all caps for FIFA and NATO.

As for a Seinfeld answer:

stratdax posted:

The woman who played George's girlfriend was gorgeous. Probably because of her eyes. Anybody know her name?

Her name is Rena Sofer and her Seinfeld appearance was pretty early in her career. She seems to do a lot of bit work in various tv series and her longest stint was 25 episodes of Melrose Place, but she also had short stints in 24 and Heroes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

seregrail7 posted:

He picked the wrong guy to hire because he was pretend handicapped.

Hello Margery, George Costanza. How are you sweet heart? Listen, can you give Mr. Thomassoulo a message for me? Yes. If he needs me, tell him: I’M IN MY OFFICE! Thanks.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

wa27 posted:

Wasn't that the episode where he took a vow of silence?

Starting....now!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Monsignor Martinez posted:

Will never get tired of "Who is this?".

Kramer's stogie-based physical comedy from "The Reverse Peephole" (backwards, dropping it with his slack jaw).

"Who is this?" will indeed never get old and I really hope I get to use it naturally one day.

However, in the .gif that was posted, Jerry is clearly saying 'Uncle Leo?' which just sets George off even more than a "Who is this?"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Monsignor Martinez posted:

I know that. I use "Who is this?" as shorthand for any time the characters get up to some phone hijinx at someone else's expense. Happens 4 or 5 times throughout the series.

Jerry: "UNCLE LEO!?"
Elaine: "Oh, that's nice."

Heh, I was watching 'The Dealership' today and got a kick out of Elaine using 'Who is this?' on Jerry.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Agita posted:

Was that Kyle Gass outside the diner when Kramer had to go smoke outside? It was on TBS so one of you should know.

According to IMDb, it is indeed Kyle Gass.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, I never really noticed that Jerry, George and Elaine all throw like 4 bucks a piece for a tip to the black waitress when they are talking about Elaine's boyfriend being black.

I also love that when they find out they are both white, Elaine asks 'Wanna go to the Gap?'

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
^^^ You're a rabid anti-dentite!

the aftermath posted:

Really? You didn't notice?

Well I knew they all put down money for a tip, but I never noticed that each of them tosses like 4-5 bucks down. I always just assumed they each tossed down like a buck or two each.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

stratdax posted:

Izzy Mandelbaum is Lloyd Bridges - didn't have any idea.

Lloyd Bridges is awesome and Seinfeld was one of the last things he did in his life.

I think he has the longest listing I have ever seen on IMDb. Lloyd Bridges has 216 entries as an actor! :monocle:

Although about 20-30 of them are (uncredited) stuff from his early career, but they did credits different then and some of it would be credited if it was made in today's era.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I always love Jackie Childs being the one to confirm that 'They're real and they're spectacular!' in the finale.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

mojo1701a posted:

Jackie Chiles :eng101:

drat you! :argh:

For pointing out my mistake, I am going to wish you to drop dead!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Stuntman Mike posted:

He's so...thin.

That was the first thing I thought too.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Karl Rove posted:

Jerry: (Looking at diorama) When did you build this?
George: Took the day off work.

George: (picking up Red Power Ranger) Now, from the time i left the room...
Jerry: Wait, that's you?
George: Yeah.
Jerry: (picks up Yellow Peanut M&M)I think the M&M should be you.

The looks that pass between George and Jerry during this scene always kill me. Especially when George snatches the M&M and yells out "Fine, whatever".

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Human Cow posted:

Should have gone to Mendy's.

But a soup isn't a meal!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

explosivo posted:

"Where'd you learn to climb like that?"

"The Pacific northwest!"

Man, that guy can climb like a ring tailed lemur!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DrBouvenstein posted:

I just love the fact that Kramer has everyday balloons. :3:

The real question is why you don't have everyday ballons? :colbert:

I don't know why, but I was just thinking about the Van Buren Boys episode, specifically the Kramer/Peterman sideplot. I absolutely love how Petermans apartment is so plain and boring and how he doesn't do anything special at home. (Oh, drat! I forgot to buy plant food again, I'll bet I have a coupon for it.)

But the best part is after Elaine pitches the 'improved' pants story, but Peterman won't have it. Then when she tells the real story, I lose it every time Peterman replies with 'The very pants I was returning!'

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't care much for the beach. I freckle.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

explosivo posted:

YOU'RE ALL WINNERS!

But suddenly, a new contender has emerged.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Legerdemain posted:

What's the gold-colored T-shirt?

I just noticed the manssiere on the Indian. Love it.

It's Golden Boy! The first shirt used when the laundry is done!

edit - drat you Tiny Fistpump!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

I'm unsure on two things - what are the two hands sticking out on the far right, near the pasta statues? And kinda in the middle, there appear to be two more arms sticking out of the pile of muffins (not the conductor hands behind the frogger machine - just to the bottom right of that) that I'm not sure about. Are those George's burnt hands from the hand-model episode?

Edit: Oh, the hands on the right are from the bubble boy, durp.

The hands coming out of the muffins are the Mike the Bookies broken thumbs

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Metajo Cum Dumpster posted:

Why do they keep dressing up Julia Louis-Dreyfus in either Mennonite raiments or mens' blazers from the 70s in the beginning seasons? She's way too cute for;

Welcome to the fashion of the early 90's!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This thread is GOLD Jerry!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You can't park head first!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

haljordan posted:

I still don't understand where George got all the funds necessary for his candy lineup. Maybe he went back under the machine and found some money.

"I think something bit me!"

Perhaps he slipped out for some Bosco. I mean he had to go out somewhere to get all the Twix in the first place since the machine was out of them.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Well I'll be...you have lost a lot of hair!

That's what they tell me!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
She shot into that coma pretty quick.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Red posted:

You know, you hurt The Maestro's feelings.

Ohhhh....what a sweet gesture. An autographed poster of my favorite tenor, with...those two other guys. Oh, Red, this is magnifico!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Supreme Allah posted:

Eh so you were violated by two people while you were under the gas. So what. You're single.

Now I'm damaged goods!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is Puddy going to win?

*points to the back of his jacket*

All signs point to 'Yes'!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ultramiraculous posted:

Believe it or not, I'm not home...!

I also felt like the word beep should be replaced with the word tone. Although strangely trying to sing it with the word tone in there just doesn't sound right.

Where could I be?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The very pants I was returning! That's perfect irony!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
What's with her arms? They just hang there like salami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why don't you just tell me where you want to see the movie?