Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
One of my favorite lines:

Kramer: Do you have any tums?

Jerry: Yeah, why?

Kramer: I drank too much water in the shower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Athanatos posted:

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza! Mr. Steinbrenner's here, George is dead, call me back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_nCmj9IyLo

I love how right after hearing the message he gets a call from George.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
It might start with eating an eclair that may be above the lid, but if you stay on that slippery slope you could become a world class, trash eating wrestler.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

IS THIS SEINFELD'S VAN? SEINFELD'S VAN SEINFELD'S VAN

I think he's saying Son of Sam.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Just imagine how different the show would be if any of the main characters were casted differently. I don't think it would be possible for anyone to pull off George as well as Jason Alexander did.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Check it out:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
One of my favorite Newman moments is when he takes a bite of broccoli and then spits it out shouting "Vile Weed!", and then takes a shot of honey mustard.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

LesterGroans posted:

You ran away from him as if he were the boogedy man!

Edit: and I know this thread is apparently -- and thankfully -- in agreeance that 8 and 9 aren't the big drop-off they're reputed to be, but I just want to give an extra push for season 8.

It's tied with 4 and 7 for my favourite season. So many great episodes: The Andrea Doria, The van Buren Boys, The Muffin Tops, The Fatigues, The Checks, The Little Kicks... The Comeback!

I think people say that the last two seasons aren't as good because the show had a slightly different feel once Larry David left. The show was just as good, but in the minds of many people, different feel means not the same as before, which means not as good.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I always liked this little gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUaMzsNKR7Q

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
In one of the dvd extras they talk about how they got George Steinbrenner for an episode but ended up cutting the scene they shot, I don't remember if they put the scene on the dvd though.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

que sera sera posted:

It's a story about love, deception, greed, lust, and unbridled enthusiasm.

Unbridled enthusiasm?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

ChickenMedium posted:

That from the "What have you done to my cable boy!" scene where Jerry is freaking out about stealing cable. First season, I believe.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r76k8uB3p98

Oh my god, the passenger next to Jerry on the plane is Earl Milford. You can always tell a Milford man.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Did we ever see his ultimate friend, Bob Sacamano?

The closest anyone got to seeing Bob Sacamano was Jerry talking to him on the phone.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Kevyn posted:

When a patient is difficult, you QUONE him!

Every time I play Scrabble I try to get away with using that word if I have those letters.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Mystic_Squid posted:

Has this been posted in this thread yet? I binged through it in a few days and don't remember seeing it, so:

I'm speechless. I am without speech.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
"Hey it's George...I have nothing to say."

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

regulargonzalez posted:

If I was forced at gunpoint to choose the single funniest Seinfeld scene, this would probably be it (along with the two previous lines -- Jerry: Am I being funny now? Elaine: ... A little -- and the following bit about 'Happy birthday')

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynmLdLwlgLI

On my friend's birthday I posted the whole birthday speech on his wall. He's almost as much of a Seinfeld fan as I am and he should be ashamed of himself for not aknowlegding the most awesome way to tell someone happy birthday.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
"Jerry it's Frank Costanza, Mr. Steinbrenner's here, George is dead, call me back!"

They made go many great jokes involving the answering machine.

Edit: Found a youtube of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_nCmj9IyLo&feature=related

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Hank Morgan posted:

The wink gets me every time.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Poque posted:

In tonight's Chuck, Chuck interviewed at Vandelay Industries. :3:

I didn't watch Chuck yet, but this makes me very happy.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

HateTheInternet posted:

Yeah, late-series angry George better than the early years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkQ9uyOow5g

"I'M LOSIN' IT!"

"THIS BREAD HAS NUTS IN IT!"

I love how George of all people calls that guy a pinhead.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
If only The Marriage Ref was Jerry's idea of trolling NBC, sadly that is not the case.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I use "that's a shame" pretty much on a daily basis, and I'm disappointed that no one has called out on quoting Seinfeld yet.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
"...There's a hue."

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

"My name is George, I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."

I've always wanted to go up to a girl and use this line. There might be a very very slight chance that it could work, or at the very least she could also be a Seinfeld fan and get a kick out of it. Most likely though girls will think you're pathetic and ignore you for saying that to them.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I love George's attempt to sell a computer.

"HELLO, WANT TO BUY A COMPUTER!? NO, WHY NOT? ALRIGHT I SEE, GOOD ANSWER."

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Speaking of The Boyfriend, did anyone watch that Mets game last year where they got Jerry in the booth for a little while? They kept trying to talk to him about the show and all Jerry wanted to do was commentary on the game that was going on.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'm kind of disappointed that the thread title isn't Uncle Leo related.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Oh man, I almost want to use one of those for a new avatar.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Dear Henry,

Last night with you was bliss. I fear my orgasm has left me a cripple. I don't know how I shall ever get back to work. I love you madly.

John

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
You're Batman.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I wish Susan's aunt Sarah made more than just one appearance. I love how the first thing she says about George is "He doesn't look like me!"

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Is that ink?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

When you control the mail, you control........INFORMATION!

I love Newman's little hand gesture when he says that.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Dear Henry,

Last night with you was bliss. I fear my orgasm has left me a cripple. I don't know how I will ever get back to work.

I love you madly,
John

P.S. Loved the cabin

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Obviously the picture of Kramer is amazing and needs to be on everyone's wall, but people tend to forget how great George's sexy seduction picture is. I would absolutely want that one above my fireplace.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

LARRY JEW posted:

Coming up with a Seinfeld related Xbox Live name is feeling like a lost cause right now. Everything is taken.

I don't know the character limit so forgive me if these are too long.

FrankCostanzasLawyer
NextStopPottersville
ShtickleofFluoride
TheJimmyLegs
TheJimmyArms
IzzyMandelbaumSurvivor26
MaidDiddler
FugitiveSexFiend
Mmmm_IStoppedShort

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

Is TractorStory taken?

But anyway, watch this giant Seinfeld GIF: http://maxgif.com/1Z

This is without a doubt the greatest thing I have ever seen.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Newman taking care of the muffin stump problem is a take on Harvey Keitel getting rid of a body in Pulp Fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

Maybe that's how y'get your kicks. You and your good-time buddies. Well I got a flash for ya, joy-boy: Party time is over.

This is probably my favorite scene in the entire show. The idea of having a library cop is just absurd, and it would seem that he was destined for that job with the name Bookman.

Pee pees and wee wees