Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well it's encouraging to hear that it's pretty good. It fell off my radar after a while and it's good that another thread is taking shape now that the game is out. Also good to hear that they're not somehow making us play the game twice--one locally and the other imported--to get the complete story, as they implied with their advertisements months back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Rented it for the week yesterday and after about four hours my wife wanted to murder me over the looping soundtrack in the fields around the starter village. Can't say I disagreed.

I did enjoy the first "dungeon" but I'm weirded out by how it just arbitrarily goes to overhead or side to side depending on the particular room I'm in. Two identical rooms are traditional camera behind and then suddenly the next four also identical rooms are locked in the overhead position.

Still, I'm enjoying the combat pretty well and am going to stick it out for a little more investigation. DarkId has threatened to LP this, so I'm looking forward to what has earned his ire.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Okay, accidentally spoiled myself on a few things while skimming the last few pages looking for some info on the dlc that's available, but I still have some questions. Basically, I am warming to the game, though my mother threatened to kill me if I hummed the village BGM anymore (it's drat infectious), and I'm curious if any of the DLC packs are worth getting. I'm on the 360 if it matters.

I also heard there's a DLC that has weapons related to Caim and a version of the young Nier. Are those available and when you use them do they apply to the whole game? Because I find the idea of running around with an young kid that speaks like an old man to be hilarious.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I'm having trouble with the farming. I've used a variety of bounty and speed fertilizers to try and grow some melons and wheat to satisfy some quests. I've watered them as much as I've been able, and they seem to have grown--especially the wheat--but the only option I get is to discard them. Did I mess up?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So I had to send the rental back but now I want to own a copy. I remember a while back there was some sort of offer from...Amazon, I want to say where you could get the game for about half price. Anyone know if that's still going or where I can get it cheaper than going to Gamestop?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

drat it'll be so good to finally beat this game so I can see the black bars.

Wait, do I need to beat all the endings before I check the black bars? How long does that take? I've played for about 25 hours now and haven't quite gotten ending A.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I have a question about the Magic Stone quest. I spoke to the girl in the Forest of Myth, went to Popola, collected the item requested, and took it back to the client. Then I opted to have my fortune told and got a fun fight out of it, but I didn't get the Iron Pipe that I've since read I'm supposed to. Should I have turned down the fortune telling to get the pipe? Because it's the only weapon I'm missing.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Policenaut posted:

The Iron Pipe is located in the back of the building where Yonah was in the Prologue, you actually have to go back and pick it up

Gol durn it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Xythar posted:

There are no missable weapons.

To be specific, when I beat the 'dream sequence' on my way to Ending A that takes Nier back to the opening cutscene location, I missed the Iron Pipe. I couldn't repeat the mission on my ending B run, but then it gave me the Iron Pipe at the start of the Ending C run. So if you've done a quest and somehow, someway, missed the weapon, you are given it later regardless.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Voted Caim.

And the idea of the game being about stealing the boys as much as it is killing the girls is an amusing thought that kind of has a Mega-man feel to it. You beat the boss, you get her boyfriend as a power-up or special attack. That concept alone would make a fine video-game.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Really not digging this Nero character. Hope he gets killed soon.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Except C is not a failure state, because it's a choice the player makes about which is more important, Kaine's life or raising Yonah. The writer said that Ending C is the "Father Nier" choice and ending D the "Brother Nier" choice, because to him a father would shoulder the responsibility of raising his child even if it meant losing his last friend.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Monomythian posted:

I think Drakengard 3 will tie to Nier, because wild speculation, Zero is the Grotesquires Queen.

I think you're right, but since I'm hoping that Drakengard 3 will have multiple endings like the other games, I'm hoping they use the endings to explain why those white spheres have so many different interpretations in Drakengard. In one ending they're dragon eggs, and in another they're monster cloning devices. If her endings each tie into an ending from the original game I'll be just chuffed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I regret not finishing Shadow Hearts 3.

• Locked thread