Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
red19fire
May 26, 2010

RustedChrome posted:

A friend of mine put a ring through one of the neck straps on his d200 and connected it there. It works fine for him. I use it on the tripod mount on my 5D2 even when I use the battery grip and shoot in portrait mode. It doesn't bother me that much.

I did pretty much the same with my D200, small carabiner through the left shoulder strap, slide the straps onto that, works like a charm.

just to add my two cents to the thread topic: the Lowepro Fastpack 250 is a great bag. Camera + lens and 3 lenses and filters in the bottom, 2 speedlights, modifiers and a light meter in the top, it works very well for my purposes. It has a kind of limited quick-access function on it, and can carry a tripod in a pinch. Just a great, versatile bag overall.

Also, i made the mistake of putting camera armor on my old d40. speaking from this experience, i think camera armor is a waste. the buttons became mushy and imprecise with the extra rubber padding. as the average amateur, it's probably a waste; perhaps a serious adventurer pro could find value in camera armor. if i had to do it again, i would skip camera armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

So, I now have 2 Elinchrom Quadra packs with 3 batteries, 2 A heads and a ringflash. I've seen recommendations for the Think Tank Airport, but that guy also has the much smaller lithium batteries, while I have the bulky Lead Gel ones. I have the hard case that fits a pack and two batteries and heads, but I kinda want to get rid of it and have all my lighting in one bag. Does anyone with a similar kit or bag have any recommendations?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

red19fire posted:

So, I now have 2 Elinchrom Quadra packs with 3 batteries, 2 A heads and a ringflash. I've seen recommendations for the Think Tank Airport, but that guy also has the much smaller lithium batteries, while I have the bulky Lead Gel ones. I have the hard case that fits a pack and two batteries and heads, but I kinda want to get rid of it and have all my lighting in one bag. Does anyone with a similar kit or bag have any recommendations?

Update: Got a Think Tank Airport International, fits almost everything.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

404notfound posted:

conspicuous-consumption.jpg

Antique tan neck/shoulder strap from Tap & Dye and a small convex pink ivory soft release from Artisan Obscura. Would've preferred a closer color match, but the pink ivory ended up being a lot redder than the ones shown on the website. Still love the actual pattern, though--it's got an almost pearlescent sheen as the light reflects off the texture of the wood.

The Black Rapid strap on my D7000 is utilitarian and awesome, but the X100S just begs for some classy accessories.

Do soft releases actually do anything? see them on X100s' and other cameras with the 'mechanical' style shutter releases.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Does anyone have an opinion on the Chrome Niko Backpack? I'm switching to mirrorless full time, and i think can get away with a smaller pack. This also has the advantage of fitting a laptop and strapping a tripod to it, solving a bunch of other problems.

It would be 2 xt2 bodies, 16-55 2.8, 50-140 2.8, plus batteries, meters, and some other stuff like a cleaning kit. I *think* it'll all fit, but it looks like it might be a bit cramped.

• Locked thread