Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Bambi posted:

Hot Tub Time Machine June 29.
Greenberg July 13.

Aside from Antichrist, The Thin Red Line, and The Seven Samurai which we already knew were coming, looks like Criterion will be releasing Videodrome and The Darjeeling Limited soon as well.

I hope Videodrome keeps the awesome packaging they used for the dvd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

friendo55 posted:

my own bluray collection is reachin approx 90 titles at the moment.. this sale just seems too good to pass up! i'm thinkin some more Wong Kar Wai films as i've only watched Chungking..? perhaps A Prophet which I saw at a film festival not too long ago.. great film but not sure if i'd really watch it again

If you enjoyed Chungking Express then Fallen Angels is definitely worth checking out. I think I like it just a bit less than Chungking Express but the two pretty much go hand in hand. Happy Together I might have liked even just a bit more than Chungking Express. Really, if you enjoyed that one there's no reason not to pick these two up at that price.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Criterion does really good work but it's not like they're the sole arbiters of the Proper Film Canon or anything. Who cares what makes it 'into the collection'? But also thank you to the Criterion fans who paid stupid money to buy my out of print blu-rays earlier this year.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Japan is blu-ray region A so if you're in the US any imports should play just fine.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

CPL593H posted:

I never knew this. But still a lot of Japanese blu-rays don't include English subtitles. This is why I had to wait forever to see Shin Godzilla.

Hong Kong and Korea are also region A now, and every Hong Kong release (blu or dvd) I've watched has had Egnlish subs, though sometimes they aren't great.

Still worth going region free, which is pretty easy these days. There are a lot of great region B releases that can be had pretty cheap through Amazon UK.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

What's region C then? I could have sworn some things I ordered from Amazon.jp were not region a.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

More Kino Lorber releases:

5/1 - Jane Austen's Mafia!, Legend of the Mountain (4K restoration).

Legend of the Mountain is really good and the new restoration is stunning. Definitely the prettiest King Hu film I've seen and the pacing of it is great for 190 minutes. Glad it's getting a quick US release so I won't have to import the UK disc. Janus has had Dragon Inn for two years now and still no news about an actual release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

There’s some stuff in the Dimension library if that’s included. And the releases are often bad but they are the US distributor for some good films through the Dragon Dynasty label.

• Locked thread