Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rocco posted:

Yeah, I'm baffled by people saying the original Blu looked better. It didn't even look HD. Every release has been poo poo.

Eh, I'd rather have it than the weird House of Wax version of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I saw the Blu Ray version in the theater, and it was the worst experience I've ever had watching that movie.

Dreadful.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wait, Miami Connection is out of print? Huh. If that's the case, I feel super good about picking up a copy at my Drafthouse for 13 bucks.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

I've probably mentioned it here more than once, but I just really hate these stupid box sets that come with a premium price and a bunch of useless tacky poo poo. It adds nothing to the purchase and then just leaves you with a bunch of stupid crap that you either have to find somewhere for or just throw in the garbage. It's just such a waste.

I love the tacky poo poo though. I'll display it or something. I got the Breaking Bad set for Christmas, and while it's really big and silly, it was also a lot cheaper (probably for it's impracticality) than the regular box set. You can stick the poo poo on a wall or something so people can go "Oh hey cool."

But then again, I like collecting movie things. So I dunno. And I have a place for the set. The only box set that annoys me is the Bond set, with all the films. It's just too long and doesn't go anywhere. The Twin Peaks set is perfect and probably the best box set I've ever seen. The package is great, it doesn't take up much room, and the only thing it comes with is pretty cool and not tacky at all.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'll have to get a new shelf, but the one I have, the thing takes up one entire shelf, and it sticks out really far. It's not a big deal or anything. But it's the only set that's more frustrating than the others. I usually just stick it at the top of the shelf.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Steve Yun posted:

This has to be the benchmark for dumb sets

This is the best set actually. I'd kill for a giant affordable Alien head.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

When I got that, the thing was literally as tall as me. I loved it so much as a kid.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Egbert Souse posted:

4k remastered GoodFellas supervised by Marty coming May 4.

Good thing that movie is great enough to warrant a double dip.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

X-Files season one.

I mean, they just rebooted the show again, so if there's any time to milk that cow, it's within the next year.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yaws posted:

I cannot loving wait for The Whole Blood affair. gently caress that black and white switchover during the House of Blue Leaves fight. I want to bathe in red blood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3aFv8IQb4s

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Honest Thief posted:

Did anyone else noticed some video quality issues with Dredd's release? I got the 3d+2d version, and some scenes look grainy as hell, more so than others

It's an intentional choice in the film. In the theater, the grain was actually in 3D, and didn't just hang in front of the screen. They basically rack focused the grain. Which put more grain on Dredd if he was in the foreground, and less grain in the background. Really cool.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TheJoker138 posted:

Sure, but at least with this I could have everything up to the end of Craig's run as the character in one nice set.

The thing came with a place to put Skyfall though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TheJoker138 posted:

Yeah, but not to put Spectre. Which this new one has.

I wouldn't worry too much considering there's going to be 2 more Craig flicks after this.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TheJoker138 posted:

I thought they confirmed this as his last a while ago?

He's signed for 1 more after Spectre I believe. Mendes isn't doing any more though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I get what I love (or loved at the time...I have the Transformers trilogy set...:downs:) but the key thing is they have to have special features. Can't stand barebones discs. I love making ofs and commentaries. There are exceptions because I enjoy the film too much...but yeah.

Special features are key. sometimes steelbooks. Depending on if I like the artwork better on them like the Chappie Blu Ray steel book at Target. It looks awesome.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The one that exists now is fine. You can probably find a two pack with the waxy Predator one, and just watch the special features on it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xenomrph posted:

My father keeps his 60" TV in "soap opera mode" and I can't loving stand it. He thinks it makes things look "more real", but when I ask him to explain what that means, he can't articulate it.
It means he can watch Die Hard in a similar visual style as he would have when he made a sandwich or took a crap. It looks more like how we see than a film.

Which is why it sucks.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wandle Cax posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with Hancock?!

It's second half is kinda dull.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TheJoker138 posted:

Men In Black 2 is what angry nerds on the internet like to pretend that Ghostbusters 2 is. Ghostbusters 2 is a fine movie that a bunch of dummies don't like even though it's got a ton of great and memorable scenes. MIB2 is an actual terrible sequel and has a scene where an alien girl makes her tits bigger after looking at a billboard.

Ghostbusters 2 is the same movie again, and it's boring and everyone looks bored and tired.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Timby posted:

That tends to be the case when no one wants to make the movie. See also Tommy Lee Jones in MIB2 and 3.

Thankfully, Josh Brolin filled in perfectly.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nate RFB posted:

I am definitely not a fan of gimmick boxes either, like the Breaking Bad barrel. Worst one of all time has to be that Alien head housing the Quadrilogy DVDs.

I have the barrel because it was actually cheaper than blu ray box set at the time. (probably because no one wanted it), but I would kill for a giant alien head box set.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MIB 3 is good, but it's made greater by how lame MIB2 was.

You can use 2 as a cool coaster. Or you can watch the first 5 minutes and enjoy the cool opening credits and then use it as a coaster.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You won't get the good Morty book at this point. It was limited to first batch only.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

Is it better than the DVD and if so how can you identify that particular release?

You want this one. I have it too. Any other release is the lovely DNR stuff.
http://www.amazon.com/Predator-Blu-ray-Arnold-Schwarzenegger/dp/B0012GVKW8

Your best bet is either Ebay or the link.

Edit: Stay away from this version.

http://www.amazon.com/Predator-Ultimate-Hunter-Edition-Blu-ray/dp/B003L16FAE

It also has an action figure for the cover photo.

http://www.amazon.com/Sideshow-Coll...t+toys+predator

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 29, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Star Wars fans will buy anything with Star Wars on it. I know some people who have every version of the films on sale. Just because.

They'd buy it so hard.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I would love to get a new SLiTHER Blu Ray. The one I have is signed by Rooker, which is great but I gotta be careful.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TheScott2K posted:

Jesus Christ how hard is it to just put the logo on a black background with "Who you gonna call?" underneath

Um, excuse me, what if I got the Blu Ray and it was the one with the womens in it!?? I need to know WHICH Ghostbusters I'm going to get.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hellraiser 3 through whatever is the worst thing ever, so stay away. Pinhead goes from being cool to being a stupid clown real fast.

2 rules though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I found that CE set for like 10 bucks at TRU a few years back. It's great.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aw hell yeah, Scream Factory is finally putting SLiTHER on Blu Ray!

I own the Canadian one, but I'd like to pick up another copy as it's signed by Rooker.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Rock super duper better than criterion edition please.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

Does this also come with a trash can you can throw the whole thing into?

Yea.

It also leads straight into my Blu Ray collection!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Spatulater bro! posted:

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (50th Anniversary Edition) coming this summer from Kino:

Includes both Original U.S. Theatrical Cut, available for the first time in HD and the extended cut.

Soon arguing about Star Wars will become much easier!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I need that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

Maybe they can also do Fire in the Sky because the WA DVD recently went out of print and people are selling that for hilarious prices.

I'd buy this in a heart beat.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

Me too. That movie rules and it's also the only alien abduction film that isn't hilariously terrible.

It's The Godfather of Alien abduction films.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

As a kid, the Alien DVD set was the coolest thing. When folded out, it was almost as tall as me!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Imagine having a nice shelf of Criterions with Armageddon sitting in the center.

I would make all of them Armageddon's.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Suncoast was my action figure stomping grounds. I got an 18inch talking Patrick Bateman and it ruled. But then I tried to make it better and ruined it. Now it looks like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Basebf555 posted:

Outside of a few notorious shots of inhumanely waxen faces, I don't think the current version is really that bad. I didn't notice any problems for like 90% of it.

I've seen this version on the big screen twice and it sucks.

The first Blu Ray is the only one.

• Locked thread