Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I think the replacement discs got delayed so they're probably not in stores yet.

edit: Digital Bits says the replacement discs started shipping last week, so I dunno. I hope mine come soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

For those who don't read the Criterion thread, these are the December releases:

Brazil
Following
Purple Noon
The Qatsi Trilogy

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Biting the bullet on the Hitchcock collection, hoping I don't regret it on Black Friday or Cyber Monday or Wacky Wednesday or whatever. $150 is still kind of a stretch for me at the moment, but who knows when it'll be this low again.

Also getting League 1 & 2, because awesome price.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Sporadic posted:

Star Trek: The Complete Original Series - $129.99 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002PQ7JQK...6124FZGS0JK06ZM

Wow, I wish I liked TOS more. That's an insane deal.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

the wait is over

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Welp, I guess I won't be trusting Michael Reuben's opinion on anything related to comedy, ever.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Some good release news today. The Best Years of Our Lives is coming November 5th. And Kino is prepping Nosferatu, The Trial (finally!!) and Russian Ark.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Egbert Souse posted:

Feel free to thank me for saving you the agony of reading the three "guess the title" threads on Home Theater Forum.

I've been following along just to torture myself. Worst "game" ever. That BPullen guy took that poo poo way too seriously, coming up with the most oblique "clues" you could ever imagine. You're not giving away the location of a pot of gold, rear end in a top hat, you're talking about future Blu-Ray releases from a not very good company.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Egbert Souse posted:

Touch of Evil - April 15
Double Indemnity - April 15

Holy poo poo. Along with Sleep, My Love that's gonna be a great day for noir on Blu.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Goddamn, this might be the thing that finally makes me go region-free.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Speaking of which, I looked at the normal review sites and can't tell if the Criterion version of Incredible Mr. Fox is worthy of an upgrade over the standard edition, which is pretty drat good. Any opinions?

The Criterion Fantastic Mr. Fox has a bunch of new special features that aren't on the other release, including a commentary track.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

big sale at Amazon

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

FitFortDanga posted:

Goddamn, this might be the thing that finally makes me go region-free.

juan the owl posted:

I REALLY REALLY hope Shout! Factory releases a boxset of all the Herzog they've acquired the rights for. And what the heck, no Signs of Life in that set?

Looks like Shout's set is being released July 22nd:

(no Signs of Life because that's under different ownership)

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

TheJoker138 posted:

I don't even know if I'll buy it if it's the last one. I have the other two, but I started buying them with the hope of having all of the old Looney Tunes stuff on blu ray eventually. If that's not a possibility anymore then I don't think I'll even bother.

That's dumb. You're dumb.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

In practical terms, it's not dumb, but the principle of it is dumb. The implication is that none of the Looney Tunes shorts have any value if he can't own ALL of them. I love Ingmar Bergman to the point where I buy any US release of his films, and will upgrade any of my Bergman DVDs to Blu-Ray. I'm not going to refuse to buy any just because I know I'll never be able to own his entire filmography.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Oh no. No no no.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

It's heartbreaking. I kinda wish now I'd just held on to my DVD sets. I'm holding out some hope that the other films in the set won't be this bad, but it's a slim hope. Probably going to be in the market for region-free player pretty soon.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Man Hunt is pretty good

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Jack Gladney posted:

That looks like a new version of this with just the book added:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004O724NG/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Which used to be around $60. Maybe they pulled it prior to offering this one.

+ book
+ a couple of new docs
- Spartacus

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I hope this guy is mistaken

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

TheJoker138 posted:

The Wire has been out on blu-ray for several months now.

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

They're gonna put out a new, flashier "ultimate" collection every time there's a new 007 movie on the horizon.

• Locked thread