Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Yeah, my copy of the movie doesn't have any audio sync problems at all.

Jay Dub posted:

I haven't noticed anything so far either. Whereabout in the film is there supposed to be sound problems?

People are experiencing it after the Chapter 15 break.

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 4, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Volcasarus ReX posted:

I tried searching but couldn't find what he said.

You might've fast forwarded over it. :laugh:

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

ultraviolence123 posted:

Great news, guys! Marked for Death on sale at Amazon for $14.49. I wonder if anyone else besides me cares about this?

I have pledged to buy every theatrically released Steven Seagal movie on bluray and dedicate an entire section of my shelf to it. Shelf of shame.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

FitFortDanga posted:

Twilight Zone season 1, 9/14. 5 discs, $99.95 MSRP, all extras from the previous DVDs plus new ones.

Really stoked for this, glad I didn't pick them up on dvd.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Picked up Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band: London Calling: Live In Hyde Park and it totally makes up for the last Springsteen release on bluray; the image and sound are fantastic.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

doctor thodt posted:

Piranha reviewed, with requisite boobies.

Haha! I saw the review when it was posted and there was the boobies capture, it now appears to be missing entirely. It was just, bam titties!

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

doctor thodt posted:

edit: look at the October 5 releases so far

Bad Lieutenant
Baseball: The Tenth Inning (Ken Burns)
Beauty and the Beast
The Blair Witch Project
The Exorcist
Grindhouse
High Tension
The Last of the Mohicans
Mad Max
The Maltese Falcon
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Robocop Trilogy
The Treasure of Sierra Madre
Troll 2
:psypop:

That's what I want, but my wallet wont like me :(
Plus on top of that , I want the 5 titles Criterion is releasing that month, I dont need to pay for school that month.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

November 16th: 3CD/3Blu

Click here for the full 800x567 image.

Full details plus a clip from the documentary here: http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

Bruce Springsteen posted:

DVD/Blu 1: "THE PROMISE: THE MAKING OF 'DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN'"

In addition, the set features more than four hours of live concert film from the Thrill Hill Vault, including the bootleg house cut (the footage that appeared on-screen at the concert) from a 1978 Houston show, and a 2009 performance of 'Darkness on the Edge of Town' in its entirety from Asbury Park. The special performance in Asbury Park was shot in HD without an audience and successfully recreates the stark atmosphere of the original album.

DVD/Blu 2: DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN (PARAMOUNT THEATER, ASBURY PARK, NJ,
2009)
1. Badlands
2. Adam Raised A Cain
3. Something In The Night
4. Candy's Room
5. Racing In The Street
6. The Promised Land
7. Factory
8. Streets Of Fire
9. Prove It All Night
10. Darkness On The Edge Of Town

THRILL HILL VAULT (1976-1978)
1. Save My Love (Holmdel, NJ 76)
2. Candy's Boy (Holmdel, NJ 76)
3. Something In The Night (Red Bank, NJ 76)
4. Don't Look Back (NYC 78)
5. Ain't Good Enough For You (NYC 78)
6. The Promise (NYC 78)
7. Candy's Room Demo (NYC 78)
8. Badlands (Phoenix 78)
9. The Promised Land (Phoenix 78)
10. Prove It All Night (Phoenix 78)
11. Born To Run (Phoenix 78)
12. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) (Phoenix 78)

DVD/Blu 3: HOUSTON '78 BOOTLEG: HOUSE CUT
1. Badlands
2. Streets Of Fire
3. It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City
4. Darkness On The Edge Of Town
5. Spirit In The Night
6. Independence Day
7. The Promised Land
8. Prove It All Night
9. Racing In The Street
10. Thunder Road
11. Jungleland
12. The Ties That Bind
13. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
14. The Fever
15. Fire
16. Candy's Room
17. Because The Night
18. Point Blank
19. She's The One
20. Backstreets
21. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
22. Born To Run
23. Detroit Medley
24. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
25. You Can't Sit Down
26. Quarter To Three

This'll probably be the bluray release of the year for me. Really came out of left field. 1080p 70s Springsteen.

Edit: I found some footage of the Houston show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF67WPchhzY
It begins at the minute mark.

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 27, 2010

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Captain Charisma posted:

Wow, is that on Blu-Ray? I only heard CD/DVD.

It is, I edited my post with a link to the full details of the entire set.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

doctor thodt posted:

The Evil Dead reviewed

That's wonderful. I wasn't expecting it to look anything like that, I dont like double dipping too much but this now became a must.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

friendo55 posted:

Anybody know if these BestBuy releases are released in Canada as well, or is it just the US?

I'm pretty sure they all come out in October here.

Edit: Yeah, they all come out October 5th. October the month my wallet weeps :(

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 29, 2010

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

doctor thodt posted:

edit: coming this holiday season...

They better release the last two separately. I'm getting too old to double dip this poo poo.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

doctor thodt posted:

Breathless reviewed
MacGruber reviewed

You can tell a lot about a person by which review they click first.

KFBR392 , I didnt even want to click on one of them.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Looks like I'm double dipping on the Alien Anthology. That's fantastic.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Since people are sharing:

I keep Faces of Death and Employee of the Month next to each other; my ghoulrays. :(

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 24, 2013

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

doctor thodt posted:

I'm guessing Nemo will be this time next year in conjunction with the Cars 2 BD.

The A-Team (12/14) cover art is a photoshop nightmare.

Oh my, they really tuned Liam Neeson up.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Well I finally got to experience the Back to the Future packaging. I ended up just snapping off the spring tabs so the disc just pops in and out without having to press down. I felt like an idiot trying to figure out how to put the disc back in.

Edit: Huh, according to the PDF Universal sent me you're suppose to push down on the tabs with your thumb and pinkie and the disc slides out.

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 28, 2010

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

doctor thodt posted:

Heavy Metal 1/25

I wonder if it'll be a Loc-Nar edition?

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

There sure are a lot of movies still in shrink wrap. He's buying movies just to use those dividers.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Bambi posted:

Guess what loving Universal went and fixed?

Assholes.

Looks like my letter worked! You're welcome guys.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

I saw To Live and Die in LA at Wal-Mart for $8.

Never seen the movie but I'm contemplating going back and making a blind buy. Should I do it?

One of the best blindbuys I've ever made. William Petersen is so drat good in this movie; and the actual bluray itself is top notch.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

The Lucas posted:

How are Anchor Bay's Blus, I haven't had much experience with them.

Sucks that Sony is being dropped, they do great work.

They started out kinda blah with their releases (Evil Dead 2) but they can put out some amazing stuff (Evil Dead).

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Sucks that it doesn't look like there is a commentary track for it, Jackass commentary's are really fun.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Nuts, they showed Taxi Driver at the AMC near me, but it was only playing once at 8:00 tonight and I was working. Pre-ordered that bluray.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Looking to pick up a few Criterion releases just for fun.

Thinking of getting Days of Heaven and For All Mankind. Are those good choices?

Days of Heaven will knock your socks off, it's terrific.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Egbert Souse posted:

All I see is a screaming egg and a terrible font. Awful.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Oh that, it's just my first run pressing of Ernest Goes to Camp/Ernest Goes to Jail bluray. Still in its original wrapper.
:smug:

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Criminal Minded posted:

So are none of the blu-rays in the set new restorations?

They're all just the previous releases packaged together.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

FitFortDanga posted:

Tree of Life pre-order is up, October 11th.

Amazon.ca has it coming out on September 27th!

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

ApexAftermath posted:

This is why I can't believe it is real. It seems a little too on the nose poking fun at the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! in Revenge of the Sith. It just screams hoax.

It's like poetry, and it needs to rhyme.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Goddammit.

I was looking on the horrible bluray.com forums and some goober was showing off how he bought all three sets.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

... I too proclaimed my love for Die Hard in a film class. They didnt know what hit them.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I like the little differences with the .uk Amazon such as the shopping cart being called a basket. Just ordered that Coen Brothers set, when I put it in my basket the price went down to 12.66 and shipping was only an additional 3.08. Are there any really good bluray releases that are region free not released here in North America to be aware of?

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Aorist posted:

Geeze, the BFI Kenneth Anger set is less than $20. I'm gonna crack on that before the month is out, no doubt.

Thanks for this, I cracked. Wanted to check out more of his films after getting a kick out of Scorpio Rising.

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 14, 2012

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I bought that set awhile ago, it's great (other than that godawful case). Thanks for the heads up on that Jurassic Park set, Disappointed Owl, ordering that right now, glad I waited on that one!

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

morestuff posted:

Can you marry blu-ray box sets?

Back off it's mine.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

friendo55 posted:

Just quickly skimmed the initial posts here regarding the Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection and didn't see this listed. There's a UK 'mantlepiece' Limited Edition Set of this release that is 14 films, not 15 (North By Northwest is only in the US release). With the VAT dropping off it comes to $135 CAD including shipping - much cheaper than the US or Canadian release.

I'm assuming these discs are going to be region-free but it hasn't been confirmed. What a beautiful release.

Ordered this, they also have ... Friends The Complete Series for the same price.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

DVD Beaver has a review up of the Bond 50 set, looks pretty good but the best news of all is:"The UK discs are all region FREE - except Quantum of Solace and the 23rd (Bonus disc)" It's only £78.07 shipped on the UK Amazon compared to 200 bucks here(:canada:).

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 22, 2012

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

RichterIX posted:

What's funny is reading the blu-ray.com forums and watching people who paid $30 for this piece of poo poo fall all over themselves trying to justify their purchase.

"Well, if I turn the Blue setting on my TV all the way down and the Red and Green settings all the way up, this looks pretty good :downs:"

The funny part is that the Night of the Living Dead bluray thread there has more pages to it than this thread. Those people are sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

CPL593H posted:

Have any of you guys ever ordered movies from Family Video? I was wondering if they're alright to buy from. It seems they're selling the Hitchcock set for 174.99 which is 50 bucks cheaper than Amazon last I checked.

If you're okay with losing North by Northwest, you should get the UK set it's only 90 pounds (About 145 USD/CAD)and is region free. That price includes shipping.

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 28, 2012

• Locked thread