Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

The Warszawa posted:

Suitchat: I desperately need to replenish my suit supply, also going for my first tuxedo. Two questions:

1) Navy, charcoal gray, and _____?
2) What the gently caress is a tuxedo what am I doing here.

1) Medium gray
2) I don't know I want to know the answer too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

Why do you need a tuxedo? Are you going to become a spy lawyer?

HiddenReplaced is getting married at a fancy big city hotel and The Warszawa and I don't want to look like hayseeds.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

I would not have met my wife if not for this thread. Incidentally, she graduated without a legal job in 2011 and has not found one since (she's currently volunteering for a legal services place), but today after two rounds of interviews, she got a call from her dream job* saying that they'd begun a background check, so it can happen!

*I mean she's not thrilled about the part of the country we're living in, but the job is the type of job she really wants.

EDIT: I have also gotten some solid medical advice not-medical advice from Residency Evil because of this thread, so numerous peripheral benefits exist.

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 21, 2014

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

I was definitely under median for a stretch and I'm not actually sure I graduated above median. I wasn't completely loving around either, it was really just one final that I tanked and never managed to make up for. Your mileage may vary but if you're going to the best school you can get into it's plausible that there's a non-zero chance that you'll be in the bottom half there.

(I still ended up fine, but I didn't have a GPA-contingent scholarship.)

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

If she has a job lined up, a ring; if not, a bonded pair of young adult cats.

Edit: does she like Warhammer? Maybe get her Warhammer.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

A partner bought me a vanilla milkshake at Dennys today. :)

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I have the most hours out of all of the first-years but these facts are unrelated.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Reminder: If you fail, the last three years of your life are utterly meaningless. Your loved ones will forever think of you as the one who was just a little too dumb to be a lawyer. It doesn't matter that failure is usually a result of a single bad day, because a single good day is not by itself sufficient to justify your toil. No, you must study. Every flashcard you heap upon the Carrion Lord's macabre throne is another grim ticket, purchased years before any possible redemption, to a blood-lottery that only fools play.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

If you are actually a law student/lawyer, you should have a lot more sympathy to the crippling stress and serious consequences that this stage of a legal education entails.

If you are not actually a law student/lawyer, you do not belong in this thread and you are exacerbating someone's stress when you do not need to.

Either way, you are an irredeemable rear end in a top hat.

SV, I have seen some incredibly mean and weird stuff from you (not directed at me) over the last five or six years, so if you think my post is excessive, then I have profoundly missed the mark and I am deeply sorry to everyone who had to read my terribly unfunny joke.

Bar-takers, most bars are not hard and you are definitely fine as long as you get through most of the content and don't try to cram it into the last two weeks. People in this thread have done that and succeeded, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend that.

Edit: Real talk, I also don't think that you (bar-takers) should value yourselves any differently no matter what happens. It's human nature to do so but it's a really bad habit to get into. You have worked hard to get to this point and incredibly unfair, random things happen to everyone all the time. I am sure that you have it in you to be okay, but if you work hard and still freeze up or oversleep you aren't any less of a person because of it. And when you do get to the other side--and I'm sure you will--you aren't better than anyone else, either.

I got incredibly mean and unhappy during the second half of my bar summer and I shouldn't joke about it, much less make it more likely for other people to feel the same way. I feel genuinely bad about it, especially since even though I talk every day to people I met through this thread, I don't post here much anymore, and my poo poo came out of the blue. I'm really sorry.

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 28, 2014

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

psst hover over the period

:love:

Well it's too late now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

I feel bad now. Your post was good and it was funny which is a rare jewel in this, the Worst of Threads. You must drive yourself down to the desert and lay down in the scalding sands. Let the sun scorch you, burning away your skin and your fat and your conscience, till only bleached bones and hatred remain. Only then are you truly a lawyer.

I would definitely be a better lawyer and cyberbully if I didn't feel guilt so keenly my armour were contempt.