Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

PenguinKnight posted:

holy gently caress people are gigantic pissbabies about passwords. we need to have them changed twice a year, which you'd think be really lax for a thing that has money in it.

nope. people go loving ballistic, and i hate everything a little bit more
Forced password changes are great for making GBS threads up security because it leads to people reusing passwords from other sites, writing them down on sticky notes, emailing them to themselves, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Holyshoot posted:

Any corporate environment(that is smart and actually cares about security) is going to make you change your password every 90 days and not be allowed to re-use the same password for the past year. :shrug: Nobody has 100's of passwords for services at their job and if they do they are probably smart enough to either remember it or have a password manager app. The OP probably has people calling in who use one password for everything and then they cry they have to change it twice a year. And they would also make their password "Sam" where sam is their kids name or some other stupidly easy to guess password.
You are very wrong and very behind on security best practices.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I forget who it was but one time I got put on hold and their hold music was this jazz version of the pink panther theme. Only time I actually liked the hold music outside the time the guy put me "on hold" by setting the phone down by the radio. Sure, I'm down for some Black Sabbath while you figure out whatever it was I was calling about! :black101:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Another Person posted:

someone in my call centre messed with my account for the system and now i have admin privileges by accident, so i can now see all the really obvious fraud they commit. its a very well managed company.
Sounds like time for PROMOTIONS!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Another Person posted:

oh no, this is not a case of "blackmail my way up" and more "the moment i get out of here they are getting raided by a government organisation because this poo poo is hosed". i can count some ten data protection violations.
Which in theory involves people getting fired and others in the company taking their job title*. Promotions either way!

*promoting from within is in itself a :lol: idea these days, I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
A lot of security questions don't apply to me because for some reason they all assume that I am married and have kids and like sports.