Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Sir Spaniard posted:

Multiplayer is fun when you're actually playing with someone else and not being killed by douchebags. At least I managed to kill him back once. :D

And whoever it was I was playing with (Had a bomb avatar), I got that Co-op pack now.

Is the 'Legends and Killers' pack worth the cost?
That was me. Legends and Killers adds a tomahawk and I think some skins and free for all stuff? Nothing that interested me enough to spend $10 on it. I'd have paid $10 just for the co-op pack, but fortunately that's free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Peas and Rice posted:

I like it and there are some FFA maps in it too, but your mileage may vary. Chucking a tomahawk into some unsuspecting pubbie's back is pretty funny though. There are probably better ways to spend :10bux:
How does that work anyway, do people who have the pack join normal free mode servers with the rest of us and get to use the new weapons on people who don't have them?

I wasn't going to get this pack, and I wasn't planning on the liars and cheats pack, until today when I read there are new gang hideouts and hunting grounds. Does anyone know if there will be any new wildlife or just new places to kill wildlife. One time I was in the Tall Trees area and I swear about 15-20 bears came at me in the span of 3 minutes and it was freaking awesome. It wasn't the hideout area where you kill that super bear either, just walking around in the forest. I'm so bad I cheese that hideout area like crazy, standing on a wall and just picking off bears. I'm shameful.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I would agree with the GTA sentiment. Something was really off with GTA IV. Ballad of Gay Tony nearly made up with it, but it had to be bigger than San Andreas and it was a backtrack for so many reasons. A serious disappointment that needs a lot of work. With Red Dead, we can only wait and see how awesome Rockstar gets with that.

I wouldn't mind if Rockstar caved and just made Bully into a gigantic game that actually took away the Academy atmosphere and just made it into a public school setting or such. Or a variety of them. They're going to get poo poo for Columbine and other incidents, why not just accept it and go whole loving hog with it?
I saw GTA4 as sort of a reset of the series, like almost a reworking of GTA 3. I'd have no problem at all if the next version was just a GTA4-esque re-envisioning of San Andreas. Although I really wish they'd work on the car physics. Fortunately GTA4's car physics didn't carry over into RDR. Can you imagine if all the horses rode like they were on ice and bounced up into flips any time you ran over a bush?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I don't really get all this cougar talk. I think I maybe got jumped by a cougar 4 times playing to 100% in single player. Maybe it's because I'm normally on the move but even when I was looking around for flowers and crap I wouldn't see them very often. If I want to shoot a cougar I have to go to Tanner's Reach and shoot a dozen of them.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Stare-Out posted:

I can't wait for the inevitable flood of tears from people who don't understand that games are supposed to be fun and instead are all "My realism! There were no zombies in the wild west! :qq:"

Not that anyone lived to tell about anyway.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
More single player stuff is nice but mainly I just want to go a-zombie huntin' with my posse. Also wouldn't zombie cougars be pretty lethargic and easy to kill? Do animal zombies still want human brains, or just brains from their species, or any brains at all?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Ak Gara posted:

There's 2 kinds of zombies. One type is the classic wrapped in bandages, arms straight out, shuffling along going "moooaaan"

Then there's the "fast zombie" type, such as Half Life 2's and I Am Legend's kind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCFdpOMiCzs

Imagine hearing this at night, in the woods.
Wrapped in bandages, arms straight out moaning? That's mummies. The old zombies just had tattered clothing. I don't think sticking 28 days later style zombies in the old west would be very canon :colbert:

Also what are revenge cougars? You mean they get revenge on the creature that turned them into a zombie? Well certainly it wasn't me, because I shot them all in the head the first time!

Edit: vv oh gotcha, that makes sense. One time that happened with a bear so once i killed the revenge bear i just stood there instead of trying to skin it, and sure enough like 14 bears came at me in the span of a few minutes.

davebo fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 13, 2010

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

If memory serves, the DLC coming out soon has seven new hideouts to play with. I'm guessing a lot of the stuff that's designed but not used will probably come into play there.

How does this DLC work anyway? I know people who bought the tomahawk can chop me up with it, so that content exists in freeroam even though I never downloaded it myself. If I buy this pack which I have no interest in aside from those new hideouts, and i'm riding around freeroam with a few friends in my posse and stumble on to one of the hideouts, does everyone then get to play with me, or will there be a bunch of dudes shooting at me that no one else sees? I mean, they're not gonna start separating the people who have dlc from the people who don't have it are they? That would suck horribly.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I was just doing some single player cougar-hunting tonight, feeling pretty good about all the cougars I was murdering. Then just when I figured I had killed them all, and my dead horse would almost be ready to spawn again if i whistled... a cougar came rushing up and pushed me off a cliff. Seriously, it didn't get me bad enough to kill, but my injured body slid about 2/3 of the way down this cliff until eventually i just hit a rock that did me in. I reloaded a save and went back to murder them all again but only 2 showed up. I felt really unsatisfied.

Edit: Also jsut watched the trailer for the new DLC. I didn't think 7 hideouts and 4 hunting grounds would be worth $10 because I don't care about online poker and the new team game mode, but that shot near the end of someone blowing up a cougar with the explosive rifle? Yeah I'll get :10bux: out of this.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

BiscuitErsedRenton posted:

Sorry if this has been covered, this is a big thread. In the DLC packs, does the content make the single player\multi player a little more seamless? Do the random NPC occurrences (hanging woman, stolen wagon, etc) happen in the co-op mode?

I was disappointed that none of this was in the vanilla MP. I just want to ride with friends and sandbox like in the single player.

Man I sure wish that were the case. I really want to putz around in single player... just with more other human beings.

Thanks for posting that video spaniard, I hadn't seen that. I love how the horse's right front hoof extends outward as if he's showing the horse he's riding where he wants to go.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Great minds think alike.

Just imagine, with one DLC pack we can all become a giant clone factory of Herbert MOOOOOOOOOON, riding rampant over the old west and destroying gang hideouts and hunting grounds.

It would be GLORIOUS!!!!!!
If we could form a team of 8 herbert goons... well then I'd actually play the competitive team game modes for the first time ever.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Now, I am actually going to have to think about picking this up, cause the only fun thing added seems to be the explosive rifle and I don't think that works in single player.
Wait why wouldn't it work in single player? Doesn't the tomahawk work? I thought someone mentioned some herbert moon tale that ended with a tomahawking, so I assumed it did.

Edit:vv Not necessarily, I'll bet it just takes forever to reload or something. It'll probably be like a one-shot kill sniper rifle but with closer range. I wonder if they're going to bother integrating it into the single player in such a way you'd need to earn it, or just let anyone willing to fork over $10 have it regardless of where they are in the story. People who pay $10 probably want to use what they bought right away and Rockstar wouldn't want people having hissy fits over it. And if it is overpowered then it'd just be like paying for a gameshark back in the day.

davebo fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Sep 20, 2010

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
So I hear PSN is going to be on an off tomorrow for maintenance and they're doing the store update tonight instead, so I assume the Liars DLC will be in there? They announced all the trophies and I can't imagine I'll get a single one since I have no intention of playing poker, liar's dice or stronghold, unless enough psn goons are around for a decent match. Spaniard and I tried to do a gang match for the first time ever, and after sitting in the lobby for a while it eventually just made us fight each other. It was quite sad.

Just gimme that explodey rifle and enough cougars in one place at the same time to see how much blast damage it incurs.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Sir Spaniard posted:

I've not even really seen that many people in free roam, outside of when davebo/others from this thread have been in the same game (happened once, and I kept dropping anyway :( )

The most I've seen outside of that was 3 people, for about 5 minutes.

The Co-op is definitely the best part of multiplayer, but there's not enough even in there at the moment. 5 areas is far too few.
A lot of times when it sticks me in free roam there'll be one or two other people there. Then I tell it to switch free roam servers and it'll stick me right in the middle of an 8 person free for all in blackwater. It's just luck of the draw. There's always going to be some populated servers, it's just a matter of cycling through a bunch until you find them. Also I want more co-op too.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Cbouncerrun posted:

I don't know about anyone else, but unless I was hunting for coyotes/wolves, I found bait to be pretty useless. Maybe I just didn't wait long enough?

For me it always seemed to bring out a ton of whatever types of creatures were already clearly visible in that area. If I was looking for skunks in a place I had seen skunks before, but all that were around were a deer and a badger, and I put down bait, stepped away and waited, then I'd be blessed with about 7 deer and 5 badgers. Huzzah!

Problem is, if you want a bunch of cougars, and you manage to find one, then you sure as hell can't get off your horse and lay some bait until after you already kill the cougar and the revenge cougar (I love that phrase btw) that's waiting for you to kill the first one. At which point there will no longer be any cougars around and your bait will just attract 20 copies of the coyote you ignored.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

TheJoker138 posted:

The guy who fell off the rock is the worst person I've ever seen at video games, and should just loving quit. It's not that hard to jump for fucks sake.
It's probably a lot harder than normal when there are 8 cougars just rubbing up against you and you're making GBS threads your pants, and drunk. Kind of ineffectual cougars for the most part though.

Edit: I'm sitting here refreshing the playstation blog waiting for the store update tonight. want that explodey rifle.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Edit: ^^ Well you're right in that there's not a huge goon presence and we go around griefing pubbies or anything. But why don't you lasso up 3 more of us and play some co-op missions? It's good fun.

I have no idea, nobody wants to play yet.

The hideouts are pretty generic stuff but not even 500 XP, which sucks. The bright side is that the Hunting Grounds are basically hideout versions of the last stages of Master Hunter: kill enough animals and then the 'legendary' one (a few of the names are funny), and you get nearly 400 XP. There's about three or four of them.

The DLC has been out less than a day and includes the ability to explode a cougar into a puddle of blood from a camping position on a house. I certainly don't blame anyone for not taking an interest in online poker. I got my fill of online poker from yahoo games in the 90's, and already got bored of liar's dice on the Pirates of the Caribbean 2 interactive blu-ray.

There are 4 new hunting grounds. I thought it would be the same 4 animals but they ditched bears (boo) in favor of bobcats in Mexico. For anyone looking to go straight for the cougars, they're the ones in the northwest by rathskeller fork. Spaniard and I happened to start in the northeast and since the great plains was boars, I figured the cougars would definitely be the one by rio bravo, but that was wolves. I figured bears would have to be northwest since they certainly wouldn't be in mexico, but alas they snubbed the bears entirely. I can't believe I actually earn xp now for sniping animals. I'd do this for free forever.

Double-edit: vv I was only in single player for a minute last night, but it didn't show up under any weapons I had, and I went to the Armadillo gun store and it wasn't in there. It doesn't show up in multiplayer loadout either when you spawn. I had to win one of the new dlc gang matches for it to appear in a box afterwards. In multi it makes sense because the griefing possibilities are endless, but I can't imagine why we shouldn't be able to use it in single player, short of them not wanting to bother testing it.

davebo fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Sep 21, 2010

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

They dropped bears for boars, but the worst part is that the Mexican bobcats are INSANE. They come at you in groups of four to six and they just tear your poo poo up without stop. I died more than when I was cleaning out Scarf's family in Silent Stead. With an explosive rifle.

What do you mean they dropped bears for boars? In the multiplayer before this dlc there were 4 hunting locations right? Cougars in tall trees, bears in tall trees, boars in that field by the river and wolves in barranca or something? We had boars before and we got boars again in great plains. Bobcats are the new ones, and I agree they're mean as hell. Once they killed my horse I just jumped up on a rock because I'm a big old sissy sniper.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

There were hunting locations before this?

I'm lost. Bobcats were always in the game. You needed to kill a few so you got that 'kill every animal' achievement.

There were 4 hunting locations before, they simply weren't marked on the map and you didn't earn any xp for completing them. You stumble into an area, turn around and suddenly 8 cougars are after you. Kill them all and then nothing happens, but in multiplayer it'll tell people when you entered the areas just like it tells everyone when you enter a gang hideout.

e:f,b

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

bitey posted:

It cost me $5,000 with maxed honor. It only comes with one round, though.

I played the whole single player game getting max honor, then when I was done I killed a ton of people getting bounties for trophies or something, then saved it. I guess that's why it was $15k. I only have 18k so maybe I'll work my honor back up if it'll save me 10k. But more likely I'll just make a save in Blackwater and rebuy the gun and full ammo each time I want to putz around single player. I want to keep the money around just in case the zombie pack adds something in there I might need it for.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Sorry spaniard and whoever else I was playing with, assuming the other two were goons? There was no storm or anything but at the end of the third horse race all my power just blinked out for a second and the transformer at the street was making funny noises so I thought it best not to turn my ps3 back on. I'll catch you guys another time.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
edit: killing npc's in free roam gives very little xp, unless you're talking gang hideouts.

I said come in! posted:

If I just want to run around, shooting other players, what game modes is everyone playing to do that?

Well, that's what free for all is designed for, but free mode seems to be where everyone actually does it :P

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Well this is fun, my friend went to change characters after we both hit level 50, and when he left the character select area, he spawned in freeroam in the same area. It's that area north of Blackwater above the ridge. It has the torches still there but no wagons and tents with people on them or the mounts. We've been exploring the area and even when i fell in the river it spawned me back up here. There are fun glitches like hills with no clipping so you walk through them, holes in the ground where to fall and respawn back on land, and a bunch of rocks that when you walk over them they make a splashing sound like you're walking in water.

Edit: just sent some ps3 invites if people wanna check it out

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Edit: ^^ yeah I don't think I'd want a prequel that pre-dates the Colt revolver.

shadok posted:

A lot of 360 players are all over Halo: Reach at the moment. I was on all weekend though taking advantage of the double XP, mostly playing the co-op missions because that's still the most fun multiplayer RDR for me.

The double XP was great, too. Got from 45 to 50 finally, and then went Legendary and got all the way back up to 26.

Yeah this was a lot of fun although it got a bit poopsocky after a while. I think I started the weekend at 37 and made it past 50 back to 19 legendary. I lingered on 50 for about an hour before I realized you can't actually ride Bonzo around on a free mode server or every rear end in a top hat with a gun will just chase after you trying to murder you and steal it. Seemed like a lot of the PS3 people had the DLC though, and I enjoyed playing as Nigel West Dickens.

davebo fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 27, 2010

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Peas and Rice posted:

Maybe I should just stop chasing titles and just play for experience and worry about the challenges later, I dunno. I'm still waiting for them to add an achievement for 5x Legend and loving with my OCD even more.

Isn't it more important to be OCD about the things that other people can see though? I mean what good is getting the Weed Wacker title unless you actually select it and show it to everyone. The problem is you can only ever use one title are a time, but EVERYONE can see that you're not 3rd Legendary level by now and you really should be. With double-xp weekend over you're just going to have to play twice as much to catch up!

This game has really opened my eyes to the whole carrot on a stick mmo poopsocking mentality. I understand both the feeling of accomplishment from completing tasks, and also the completely arbitrary uselessness of "have a higher number show before your name, hurr" It was the easiest thing in the world for me to not give a poo poo about, until they went and threw it in the GTA engine.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

A Quiet American posted:

This is the future of gaming. Exploiting our reward centers to keep us grinding away into eternity, purchasing every DLC and praying for just one more double XP weekend.
It's like that old Star Trek:TNG episode where everyone is playing this stupid game you wear as a headset where balls just fall into holes and it makes your brain release endorphins so you keep playing until they found out it was some alien race trying to turn the humans into slaves or something. I guess I'd be more inclined to go for a zonkey if RDR was a wearable headset that just overlaid a translucent game world on top of my normal vision.

Edit: Most of the time I've played I've used either the Weed Wacker title or Half-a-Baby. I know weed wacker was probably from collecting flowers, but I have no idea how I got Half-a-Baby. Anyone know which challenge that is? I did switch to Zombie recently when someone mentioned it in the thread.

davebo fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 27, 2010

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Eggplant Ronin posted:

I just changed my character to MacDougal, and my auto-targeting doesn't work on anyone anymore.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I forgot to mention that but I was doing the cougar hunting grounds and my auto-aim sould sometimes just stop working for a while then come back. I think it was while I was playing as Nigel West Dickens or I could have been one of the american army guys from the disc content. Does that have anything to do with that?

Edit:vv I don't know, I can't recall it ever happening once until the DLC came out.

davebo fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 27, 2010

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Jedrick posted:

I'm thinking about getting the Liars and Cheats pack but I want to know, how are the new gang hideouts? Are any of them good for exp grinding? Any cool set pieces?

Edit: Also, do you get exp at the new hunting grounds?
I can't say I really agree with Slantedfloors in regards to the hunting grounds. They don't give a ton of XP, but for the time it takes you to shoot 10 boars it's actually pretty decent xp I feel. The cougars take a little longer but I find them more fun. The wolves seem to take forever to actually get around to the right area, and the bobcats are kind of hard to spot in all that brush, but if you look over the past few pages several people have mentioned having fun with the cougars.

There aren't any set pieces but the exploding rifle is fun and the new gang hideouts aren't good for grinding but are nice as a change of pace from time to time.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Sir Spaniard posted:

Yeah, I'm hoping that the white area at the top of the in-game map that's empty gets used for something eventually. Seems big for something they're not using.

I wonder what they'll be putting in place as new gameplay mechanics.

Also wondering if a unicorn mount will be one of the mythical creatures.

I mentioned this recently but an error caused my friend to spawn in the area across the river north of the great plains, and we explored the area. They've got trees and the whole area is huge and mapped out, but there are tons of glitches and it's not really a playable area as it's full of huge cliffs that are a pain to get around. Glitches like walking over rocks that make water splashing noises, and lord help you if you actually walk off the edge of the map by accident. To use that area they would basically have to update the game world and I don't know if that can be done in a specific location or would require everyone to redownload the entire world which seems unlikely.

I think it's a lot more likely the zombie stuff will occur in the areas we know but maybe somewhere we're not really sick of yet. Or maybe just the entire loving world will be chock full of so many zombies that our only option will be to ride trains full of ammo around the level until we've sniped every single one in the head. I hope this is what happens.

davebo fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 30, 2010

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

I said come in! posted:

I was thinking about this last night actually, and i'm not sure how the controls would really work on a keyboard and mouse. I just don't see the horse controls being very good. The game would certainly look beautiful on really high end PC hardware though. This would be like the definitive PC game to show off your rig.

But yeah, as far as I know, some dev at Rockstar said back in July, that there are no plans to bring the game to the PC; http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/109/1096617p1.html although I think they may have said that with GTAIV too, so who knows.

I think the controls would be better than the gta4 port, because unlike previous gta's the cars had analog acceleration, so when you lost that going to pc it really sucks. The acceleration for the horses is just tapping a button so it would be just fine on a keyboard. Just a left and right steer while you can whip the mouse around aiming.

I always buy gta games on playstations then have to rebuy them to fully enjoy them whenever they come to PC. I told myself I wouldn't do that with RDR but you know what... I probably would. And yeah they didn't say gta4 was coming to pc so they could sell more console units, then announced the pc version later on, but I feel like the PC version only came like 8 months later, so I'm guessing we would have heard something if they were porting it. Maybe next year they'll come out with some PC edition that includes all the DLC, I dunno.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Edit: ^^ that is such a better idea. Whether they're skill based challenges or grinding in their own way.

Dr.Smasher posted:

Grind on a double XP weekend, whenever the next one may be

Just remember that every minute you spend grinding on a non-double xp weekend is only worth half as much. That and the fact that if you ever DID get a zonkey, you would just be constantly hunted by every pubbie trying to murder you to steal it, should disincentivise it for you.

davebo fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 3, 2010

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

jesus_rocket posted:

What is with the community in this game? Every single game I'm in, no matter what I'm doing whether it be picking flowers or hunting rabbits i get mowed down over and over by some level 50 dude with a high power pistol and a rocket horse.

To them you're just 10xp holding some flowers. If you're picking flowers, play private. If you want to run with a posse, find some goons.

Edit: wait that doesn't even make sense. If you're level 50 you can't gain xp at all until you reset to 1. I guess they're just dicks then.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Dr.Smasher posted:

I've ground my way to almost 3rd tier, and all I have to say is that the zonkey better be lightning fast or something, because Bonzo, the Buffalo, and Albino Buffalo are all slower than the American Standard Bred horse as far as I can tell.

It's not, and all the information about the buffalo being slower and harder to turn than a horse was readily available from the moment people were using hacked savegames on the xbox. You won't receive the kind of reward you're looking for, sorry :)

Edit: but hey if you're third legendary, why stop now? :P

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

GenoCanSing posted:

Nope. It has incredible stamina, and can out run anything OFF road, but on roads it is slower than the standardbred and also it can't jump or turn as fast.

Also, you will be shot on sight for riding it.

That stamina reminded me to ask something. When you're riding you can just tap X in a rhythm so that you're riding as fast as the horse will go but the bar doesn't actually deplete. I normally just sort of hum the beat in my head so I know when to tap it, but is that pretty much what everyone does? There's no actual benefit to tapping it a bunch of times any faster than that specific rhythm, right?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Corzaa posted:

Has anyone ever seen an animal fight?
I was cougar hunting by rathskeller's fork and when I first arrived and triggered the cougars appearing, there was already a whole pack of wolves there. I ran and got up on the roof then watched a couple of cougars rape the wolves. I think a couple of them ran away in time.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Darth Brooks posted:

A buddy and I could use some help tomorrow night. We've been trying to get the trophy for being most wanted for ten minutes and getting away. The problem isn't the lawmen, it's the idiots who decide to come over from the other side of the map to keep us from finishing this thing out.

If we could get enough people in on the posse we could kick everyone else who comes into the area (or server, if it's necessary for that) The plan is to get four people on the roof of the jail in MacFarland ranch and then rovers moving around on horse as needed / available.

My PSN is Darth Brooks, his is Blindrocket and the time is 7-7:30 pm central us. Everyone whose willing to do this is invited and we'll try and get the trophy for everyone involved if we can. If you have a mic it would help

Are you sure you even need to be on a public server for that one? I thought I just did that alone on a private server from inside the bar in Armadillo, unless I'm thinking of something else. Either that or it was with a friend at that Mexican base with the cannons, but either way probably would have been private server.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I just got around to installing the hunter dlc, and i already had a bunch of the stuff unlocked but needed to kill the jackalope and the cougar with dynamite. So I head to rio bravo and this cougar runs up, i soften him up with two shots, trying to kill him and hoping to blast the revenge cougar, but then he runs off. So oh poo poo, there's this wounded cougar running around that I can no logner see who REALLY hates me now. I'm real edgy and so the first rustle in the grass i see I target with the dynamite in deadeye. Turns out it's the jackalope who I blast to kingdom come! Then 2 seconds later that cougar comes back and I blast him too! I love when things just come together.

edit: then find the revenge cougar laying down licking it's paws, sniped it. Felt secure so i got off the horse to skin the jackalope and cougars, then oh poo poo second revenge cougar! I got him but i'm getting the hell out of here before I end up dead.

davebo fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 14, 2010

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Edit: ^^ there's no precedent for releasing $10 DLC as a standalone is there? It'd be interesting but doesn't seem very profitable.

That's a lot more stuff than I was expecting. Cannot wait for this!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Can anyone explain to me the Press Start screen at the beginning, that then proceeds to the game letting you choose between online and single player? There is no other option but to proceed to the online/single selection, so why do we even need to press start? Just one of those dumb things that I never understood but maybe there's a reason I'm not seeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Yeah I am on PS3, but GTA4 went the opposite direction. It forces you to load single player right off the bat, then from there you go through the hoops to get to multiplayer. There must be a reason they didn't go with the logical solution of just choosing between online/single, but I can't imagine what it is.

• Locked thread