Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
So I tried replaying missions in order to get the Spurred To Victory trophy, but I did 25 replays with no success. I used the fastest mission I could think of (Pestilence, where you shoot the crows away from the corn) and it saved after each one, but I never got it. I can only assume the mission just doesn't count.

Has anyone gotten it from replaying missions, and which ones did you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Kiwillian posted:

Is that the same horse for 20 missions one? Maybe it needs to be 20 different missions?

It is. That could be the case, though someone in the last thread suggested doing a quick to finish mission 20 times.

In the case of replaying 20 different missions, I think I'd rather just replay the game from the start. Would be quicker/easier.

\/\/ - Thanks. After beating this game, I find I am still not satisfied. Popping off shots is just too much fun.

Also, my favorite quote: "You couldn't shoot a fart out of yer own rear end!"

Lothire fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 28, 2010

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

TheJoker138 posted:

It has to be a combat mission, says it right in the description even. Do the mission with the sheriff where you have to go to the bar, follow the guy, then it gives you the cover tutorial. Run ahead of the sheriff, skip the cut scenes, and just run through and blast everyone. I got it first try when I went for it.

That sounds like the Political Realities In Armadillo mission. I'll give it a go, thanks.

But for referance, there are two trophies in my trophy list that are Hidden and thus have no description. There were more, but they openned up as I did the story line. Out of all the trophies in my list, this particular one does not show, so I assume is one of those two still hidden.

None of the guides referancing the trophy (gamefaqs and such) describe it needing to be a combat mission, saying simply to not hitch a horse for 20 missions, so this vital bit of info has been able to elude me.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan
:( Thanks for being quick with the reply anyways. No big deal, new game = another excuse to shoot more people.

e: though out of curiosity, what trophy were you thinking of? might still need whatever it is.

Lothire fucked around with this message at 10:17 on May 28, 2010

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan
Not until Blackwater area. They play a role in the final chapters of the story, but overall they aren't touched on much. E: beat!

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd totally dig a DLC add-on like Lost and the Damned where we play as an Indian. Living the Indian life until we're forced to leave and mingle in civilization, or die defending our land.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Kin posted:

I swear that Trophy is glitched to gently caress. I ran through all of mexico, all of black water and all of the final missions without losing my horse or hitching it and i still didnt get it. The only thing i can think of is that fast travelling via stage coaches fucks it up because that's the only other thing i did involving horses/travelling.

Having started a new game, I managed to obtain the trophy from start up to the 21st mission. Specifics: I did everything I could up 'till Nigel Dickson, did three of his which unlocked both Seth and Irish missions. Did all of Seth, then on the final Irish mission, obtained the trophy. I had died twice along the way, used a wagon fast-travel twice and fast traveled by camp a few times.

It's strange, because on my first game, I never hitched a new horse starting from mexico on 'till the end, but I lost a few, broke a few horses but only ever summoned new ones with deeds. Either those things break the "no hitch" deal, or it's something only obtainable when you've beaten the game.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan
Can't get enough of this game. Sitting around waiting for bounties to spawn (I don't even know what bounties I need left), decided to go play the only card game I don't suck at - blackjack.

From the table inside, I can see out the main door to a fairly nice view. I'm not even paying attention once the cards start dealing - before I knew it, a struck of lightning burst from around my speakers. I didn't even think of the weather in-game, I instinctivly looked over my shoulder outside. Sure enough, it's raining.

It takes me another round of cards before it dawns on me. Just because it's raining doesn't mean there would be lightning. I pull my head out of my cards in game and wouldn't you know, a storm rolled in. :aaaaa:

Playing blackjack with a fair view of a heavy thunder storm outside.. The most relaxing feeling I've ever gotten from a video game. I then shot the dealer for beating my 20 when I had doubled down. gently caress head.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Fuzz posted:

I am. :smithicide:

Did you hand in the horse already? I recall the second part took place near a train station after I did a few storyline missions, but I can't remember which station.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Kin posted:

It's more than just hidden packages. The GTA games had a greater variety of vehicles, activities, scenery, characters, vehicle stunts, hidden world items and bugger knows wht else i'm forgetting and in most cases didn't feel like a bunch of "the same shops" copy pasted all over the map separated by desert.

Also, because that rockstar social site is playing up what exactly should my stats read for bounties in regards to 100%

I've done all the challenges, bought all the homes and guns, completed all the missions an all the strangers, won all the minigames and done all the jobs. I have 98.9% and my bounty list reads:

New Austin - 8
Nuevo - 2
West Elizabeth - 4

What should those three numbers end up at to get the 100%?

That'd be New Austin 8, Neuvo 8, West Elizabeth 4.

And you're exactly where I'm at too, on bouties. :hfive:

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Noxville posted:

Also when people were recommending westerns in the last thread no-one mentioned High Plains Drifter, which owns.

It seriously does.

Holy loving poo poo. I got charged at by a bear, but it stopped right in front of me and roared as it rose on its back legs. Dead Eye Shotgun right under the jaw, fell straight on its back. KO'd.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

Arach posted:

Is there a good way to string bounties together? It's close the the last thing I need for 100% and running back and forth Austin and Parasido in the hope of getting a poster (I've got the West 'Beth ones already) is getting me down.

Can there only be 1 in the world at a time? I know I've got a ??? in blackwater but I didn't bother.

I've been having some good luck in mexico just skipping time (safe house) to somewhere around 7pm. A bounty is usually posted pretty quickly around that time, but it can also happen earlier (like around 3. sometimes it's hard to pass the time to get to 7 when you pass such a huge chunk of time saving).

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan
Any tips on getting the 500 kills for a mounted gun trophy? I figured the "And you will know the Truth" mission would be ideal since you just run around with a mounted gatling run in a tank-truck-thing but whenever the mission is over, my stats don't seem to change any. Not sure if it's counting.

Is it easier to get it online? I still have nearly every online trophy to do anyways. :sigh:

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan
Hell, I beat the game, got all the trophies but online stuff, then finally bought it off gamefly.

It's just that pleasurable to play.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan
I didn't know what the Dead Man's Hand was, until someone in this thread mentioned the HBO series Deadwood. Having watched the first few episodes, I came to the conclusion that Wild Bill Hickok was a badass. Thus, I looked him up on Wikipedia and came across the Dead Man's Hand section.

I had that hand! Kind of. Two Aces, Two 8s, though I don't think they were of black suits. But I did have the game glitch on me when I won the round with that hand. It was in mexico, where (mexico ending spoiler) I had already put the guy you help into power, so the lawmen would occationally attack you when not wearing the reye's rebel outfit. One of them clipped through my poker table and started blasting me in the face! I stood up from the table as if having quit out from the game and returned fire just in time to not die.

Can't help but look back at it now with a bit of :tinfoil:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Tortured By Flan

explosivo posted:

Yeah I tried today for the first time since launch and it was just spawn campers at every spawnpoint. Lame.

I managed to knock out 3 gang hideouts with 2 other random people earlier today. None of us had our mics, but we had some pretty cool co-op moments.

Fun, but after the third hideout, it was feeling a little pointless. I'm hopin' those co-op missions will add some meaning.

• Locked thread