Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
I know Capn Beeb already posted a list, but as I went through the game I made note of all the cheat locations, if anyone wants to check them out in person. Some of the unknowns will probably be Social Club Challenge unlocks only, but there might be a few more hidden in the game world. The unknowns were discovered via save file edits, so they're just placeholders for now until we figure out how to activate them.

These aren't case sensitive but you may want to use a chatpad or dig up an old USB keyboard to make enterting them easier.

Invincibility - He gives strength to the weak (newspaper #61)
Infinite Dead Eye - I don't understand imnfinity (written on a wall at Primera Quebrada ruins)
Infinite Horse Stamina - Make hay while the sun shines (newspaper #54)
Infinite Ammo - Abundance is everywhere (newspaper #58)
Every shot counts (single bullet kills and deaths) - *Social Club unlock* (Solomon's Folly challenge; PS3 only so far)
Rubber Horse - ???
Money ($500) - The root of all evil, we thank you! (written on some boards in Plata Grande mine)
Donkey Rider (spawn donkey) - *Social Club sign-up unlock*
Horse (spawn horse) - Beasts and man together (carved above the door inside the shack at Lake Don Julio)
Coach (spawn stagecoach) - Now who put that there? (carved onto the open shelter at The Scratching Post)
Diplomatic Immunity (no bounty or wanted level) - I wish I worked for Uncle Sam (newspaper #57)
Increase Bounty - *Social Club sign-up unlock*
Decrease Bounty - They sell souls cheap here (carved on Benedict Pass bridge)
Clear Bounty - *Social Club unlock* (Twin Rocks challenge)
Gun Set 1 - It's my constitutional right (written inside a chicken coop at Nosalida)
Gun Set 2 - I'm an American. I need guns (newspaper #56)
Gun Set 3 - *Social Club unlock* (Gaptooth Breach challenge)
Gun Set 4 - *Social Club unlock* (Tumbleweed challenge)
Punchout (one-punch KO's) - *Social Club unlock* (Blackwater challenge)
Famous (max fame) - I am one of them famous fellas (written on the side of The Old Bacchus Place)
Who? (no fame) - Humility before the lord (written on the wall of a ruined grave at Sepulcro)
Good guy (max honor) - It aint pride. It's honor (newspaper #59)
Bad Guy (no honor) - *Social Club sign-up unlock*
So-so Guy (neutral honor) - *Social Club sign-up unlock*
Change Weather - *Social Club sign-up unlock*
Beastmaster (lethal animals won't attack you unless attacked; non-lethal animals will flock around you) - *Social Club unlock* (Legendary Marksman challenge)
Hitchcock - ???
Old School (sepia filter) - The old ways is the best ways (newspaper #53)
Guns Blazing (flaming bullets) - *Social Club unlock* (Pike's Basin challenge)
Hic (drunk mode) - I'm drunk as a skunk and twice as smelly (carved above door next to save room at Rathskeller Fork)
Sharp Dressed Man (gentleman's suit) - Don't you look fine and dandy (newspaper #60)
Man In Uniform (military/federal outfits) - I love a man in uniform (written on the back of rail car at Pacific Union RR camp)
Gang Chic (gang outfits) - You think you tough, Mister? (written on a wall at Barranca ruins)
Lewis and Clark (unlock all areas) - You got yourself a fine pair of eyes (newspaper #55)
Jack Attack(turn John into Jack) - Oh my son, my blessed son (written on the inside of Beecher's Hope barn loft)
Right to bear arms (all civilians pack heat) - *Social Club unlock* (Tesoro Azul challenge)
Rise up (NPC's attack you) - *Social Club unlock* (Nosalida challenge)
Dead-Eye Level 1 - *Social Club sign-up unlock*
Dead-Eye Level 2 - *Social Club sign-up unlock*
Dead-Eye Level 3 - *Social Club unlock* (Fort Mercer challenge)

Philip J Fry fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Hey You Pifuckyou! posted:

Well gently caress, just had my first crash in 25 hours of playing this game, right after the Mexico mission where you're betrayed by the army and Reyes saves you. And I mean right after, the cutscene ended with Marston walking away and voila - black screen and nothing.

Mine did the exact same thing in the same spot the first time. After rebooting and doing the mission over it worked fine.

Brightman posted:

Also I feel like I saw something written or carved somewhere that might be the beastmaster cheat (it wasn't the one for the horse spawn, I already got that one). I'll go look for it later but it might be nothing.

In the church in Tumbleweed, the phrase 'the devil has got into that beast' is carved in to the pulpit. It could be just a foreboding message but the fact that we know there's a cheat called 'Beastmaster' makes me thing it's a cheat code -- however, it says it's not valid when you enter it. Rockstar messed up on a couple of the codes with punctuation errors though, so it might still be possible.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

^^ Welcome to the miracles of USB saving and console-side MP save files.

AndyElusive posted:

:bang:

Been there, done that. Step 5 is completely eluding me. I'll give it a third shot I suppose.

Take her down the track a ways so the train can hit her with a full head of steam.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

I thought they were all pretty straightforward with the exception of the second one. The general location was easy enough but drat if I didn't slide down the hill past it about six times wondering where the hell it was exactly.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

You have to get a bounty, lose your wanted level (but keeping your bounty) and then have the US Marshals pick up your trail and then lose them.

Also, using a horse deed instantly saves your game. No need to run out of town and set up a camp.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Morter posted:

I think your bounty has to be 2k-2.5k in order for the marshals/mexican army to go after you.

I don't think the bounty amount matters any. Mine was only $600 or so from shooting up the saloon in Armadillo; I just rode out of town towards MacFarlane's Ranch and came back then the pop-up said the Marshals had found my trail. Evaded them through Jorge's Gap and got the achievement. Not sure if it will work in Mexico since it says Marshals and not Federales. Having a higher bounty may expedite the Marshals picking up your trail, however.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

I'm doing that right now. If you don't want to get flanked from the other set of doors, park a stagecoach across the inside of the doorway.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

argh I've died twice on the second treasure, I' m not sure exactly where it is and I keep sliding down rock cliffs to my death :(

Stay to the far left.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Nerd Grenade posted:

So I just realized how perfect the song at the end after you kill Ross is. You're staring down the sights of a dead man's gun as you kill Ross since it was John's gun.

Even better, I used the high powered pistol -- the gun that Ross gives John in Blackwater.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjhwa65K1kM

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Crows Turn Off posted:

Aw, that actually makes me feel bad. :(

I've seen one respawn, but a hunter was chasing it so it may have only came back from extinction as an NPC event.

Zero Karizma posted:

That's a really good point. This might actually be the best cultural commentary in the game. That one Indian dude even gives you the "You realize you're just senselessly killing these Buffalo for fun, right? You're going to ruin everything." speech on the way to a mission.

Then, here we all are, blowing the fuckers away for an Achievement.

I was kind of hoping that some car would drive by and throw trash at his feet during that part.

Dogen posted:

Jesus Christ I'm at 99.8%, my social club thing isn't updated quite right, and I'm pretty sure I need 2 bounty locations but can't loving tell which ones and I'm in Mexico and getting Plata Grande and Hendidura Grande over and over AARRRRGH

I had 19 completed and must have done Rancho Polvo at least 3 or 4 times. It finally took when I brought the bounty in alive.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

For those that are too young to remember the iconic PSA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7OHG7tHrNM

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

There's two horses on the shore where your raft ends up. Irish takes one and you hop on the other.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

northerain posted:

Has anyone happened on the 2 guys with the TNT in Elizabeth?

Also, did someone find the drunk code or what?

I'm keeping an updated list of codes on page 3.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Mills posted:

Can anyone tell me who Stranger #2 is according to Rockstar Social Club? Where do I find this stranger?

Edit: Aztec Gold

Near the east entrance of Sidewinder Gulch.

OrangeGuy posted:

Also, what is the easiest and/or quickest way to get a lot of cash. I think Poker might be the way, but any other suggestions?

Find one of those guys that challenges you to shooting birds. Intentionally lose and he'll offer a double or nothing. Keep losing until you have just enough for one more bet and then win. Then kill and loot him afterward.

Philip J Fry fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 4, 2010

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Sasquatch hunting > snipe hunting

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

KungfooMF posted:

The social club 100% page sure updates oddly. It still doesn't show the last 6 or 7 missions, but the percentage complete is correct. It also hasn't updated all of the bounty locations and so I'm not sure which ones I have left. Only like 2 remaining.

The only things it doesn't list for me aside from the last couple of missions are the challenges, stranger missions and two outfits. Hopefully they'll be fixed when the patch/DLC comes out.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Works with throwing knives and fire bottles, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DZzsJ-svGw

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

The Viper posted:

Dont know if this has been mentioned, but I noticed that if you change the aiming difficulty, the game autosaves. Useful if you're not near a safehouse.

I think this just saves to a settings file though, because there is a file independent to the actual game save files.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

aliencowboy posted:

I got through the entire game and the "California" mission never showed up. I guess I don't get 100% now.

You can still get it; only 'I Know You' is unattainable after you've beaten the game and it doesn't count toward the 100%. As for California, look along the main road just north of The Scratching Post that heads NE to the triangle intersection.

Philip J Fry fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jun 10, 2010

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Canceling out a save will still advance time 6 hours.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Feenix posted:

I just got a patch update. 1.0.2

PS3? Nothing on 360 yet.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

jvempire posted:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/6061/red_dead_redemption_title_update_coming_next_week.article

Don't know why They aren't doing systematically, maybe PS3 players are guinea pigs to them?! (Joking of course!)

They nerfed the XP you get from doing Solomon's Folly in Free Roam, that's why they did the PS3 first. So many tears on GameFaqs.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Shortymrbig posted:

This made me very sad :smith: I used that to grind my way to the second legendary and now I'm stuck DEAD at 33 at the sheriff rank.

Looks like I aint gettin no white buffalo for a while!

It wouldn't be so bad except there's nothing in MP that gives decent XP other than hideouts (which are also low in contrast) so getting to legendary ranks let alone level 50 once is just a loving grindfest. I really hate the 'prestiging' model in every MP game that's used it. I guess it's fitting that it only came about once the ADD generation showed up.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Can't you just clear the cache to revert back to pre-patch and run around offline? Granted you'll have to get the patch to go online again but if your only goal is to hit level 50 it wouldn't take that long.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

You don't even have to skin them, just capping them off will do.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

You get a scarred-up black horse with a white face (until you get higher honor again). No real 'benefit' really, just a cosmetic reward. Not sure about its stats.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

I thought you had to donate to the nuns to get it, but I'm on my second play-through and haven't even made it to Mexico yet and some nun just walked up and gave it to me in Armadillo. It must be honor/fame related.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Yeah, as soon as you're back at the homestead you're stuck in rancher duds for a bit.

You'll see why pretty soon and then you'll be posting about how much you hate why.

Philip J Fry fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 15, 2010

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

They will be released later this summer. For free.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

I'm trying to keep him alive to the end, too. Only a few missions away from Fort Mercer now. Got the Spurred to Victory achievement after doing my 21st mission, so I guess as long as you never deviate from the horses the game gives to you it counts (the first couple have you on one of Bonnie's ranch horses).

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Damone posted:

Aaaaargghhsfs. 99.9% I need one more West Elizabeth bounty location, but I have gotten Aurora Basin 10 times in a row now. Aaaaaaagrhgfs. Is this a bug, it's driving me up the loving wall. I can loving do the Aurora Basin Bounty blind by now, gently caress.

I am also no longer getting the actual reward for bounties as well, just a count to my dead/alive total. I don't really need the cash at this point, but it strikes me as odd. It's always murder, always Aurora basin in both Blackwater and at the post. Anyone else having this problem?

I had this problem but my last bounty was in Mexico at Rancho Povlo; I must have done it 5 or 6 times in a row. It didn't register until I brought him back alive.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Palleon posted:

Can you redo missions to get that trophy? I'm in the postgame and didn't get it, despite not changing horses that I was aware of. Although at that point, it seems like a big grind, so not sure I'll be going for it, but just curious in case I change my mind.

I couldn't say for sure but I haven't seen anything to indicate as such. If anything it's worth playing through again as the opposite you did the first time (good/bad guy) and you can breeze through most of the missions as they are just introductory/tutorial and skip cutscenes since you already know what's going on.

During a mission for West Dickens you have to follow his coach while on a horse. Mine wasn't around so not thinking, I hopped on the one that spawned there. Even though I never hitched it, it became my default horse somehow after an auto-save so I went back and loaded a manual save to get my Saddler back.

Irrelevant story: on my second playthrough I was going over to Silent Stead to pick up an outfit scrap. As I dismounted my horse I stepped *right on top* of a loving cougar laying down that was camoflaged. Mauled us both in about two seconds.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

For an easy gold medal (you need one on a combat mission for the achievement), replay the mission you do with the marshal where you follow the gang dude from the Armadillo saloon to the Pleasance House. I think it's the first combat mission in the game. Skip all the cutscenes and run ahead of the Marshal to your horse, ride as fast as you can, then try to get as many headshots as you can. There's only 5 or 6 guys total.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

- Hogtying a bunch of people and putting them in a pile under a hanging oil lamp
- Shoving people into campfires

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Slantedfloors posted:

It's the town no one goes to though.

That's why it's better to head up to El Presidio and man the northwestern gatling gun/cannon.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Anyone else try aiming their gun at a guy in a saloon who's leaning back in his chair with his feet on the table? That was an unexpected but pleasant result. :)

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Suran37 posted:

You died didn't you.

Nope. He became startled, fell over backwards in his chair and ate poo poo. Everyone else pulled their guns and aimed at me but re-holstered once I did the same. I then walked casually up the stairs and threw a stick of dynamite over the rail, landing it on the table where a bunch of the Bollard boys were sitting, ruining their drinking party.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Huh, if you cheat at poker and kill HERBERT MOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN , it doesn't give you that warning about a shopkeeper being killed and the store closing for a few days.

Awesome, I can kill him a lot, and not have to wait to buy mah groceries!

I was playing hold 'em in Armadillo with Herbert when all of a sudden I hear "It's Herbert Mooooon! I've been robbed!" from outside in the street. Dude must have a cloning device in the back of the general store somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Crows Turn Off posted:

If you just cursor over them, and it paints the targets automatically, then that is Level 2.

I thought it kind of funny that you earn Level 2 right after the mission where you drink WD's bogus elixir.

• Locked thread