Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousToast
Jun 12, 2007
Hamlord in Chief
Hopefully this is the right place to ask about this.

I picked up a used copy of RDR this afternoon, brought it home and threw it in the 360 for a test drive. The following problems occurred after multiple resets.

- The opening cutscene froze with Marston standing at the loading platfrom of a train station.
- The loading screen loaded forever, with no black-and-red pictures popping up.
- Hop on the horses for the first mission, follow the old bastard out to the train, dialogue doesn't start, my horse loses its gallop animation and start slideshowing its way across the open desert, melting into the ground the whole way. Can dismount but cannot move on foot, can only keep stuttering across the world. Pause menu does not appear.
- Get to the fort for the first mission, no dialogue, no loading screen. Pause menu does not appear.

Each of these issues happened at least twice before I took my copy back to the store and paid the difference for a new one.

Which did the same drat thing.

When I rented Episodes from Liberty City the other day, similar issues came up, resulting in unplayability.

My 360 has been kind of finicky lately, with the disk drive not always opening unless I do a manual release, and not staying closed unless I give it just a teeny nudge right as it shuts.

As a control group, I tested Mass Effect 2, Burnout Paradise, Splinter Cell: Conviction, and Star Wars: Jedi Academy. None of them had any issues at all.

So what the gently caress, is my console allergic to Rockstar? Can anyone help me? I'd hate to drive all the way back to that middle-of-buttfuck-nowhere Gamestop again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread