Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sankis posted:

Is there any point to the trains aside from surprisingly slow transportation or story missions? I can't see to rob them which disappoints me greatly.

Gibbing people who try to steal your horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Samurai Sanders posted:

There's only one thing I want to know about the ending: Is it an actual ending, or some cliffhanger sequel setting up piece of poo poo?

It completely wraps up the story.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

king teh posted:

Does this game have actual mission variety or is it GTA 4 in the west?

It's not like GTA4 at all. The missions are heavily focused on advancing the story, and they are quite varied.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

abagofcheetos posted:

there is a 1911 in this? yesssssssssssssssssssss

On that note, where is it?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Lone Badger posted:

I'm normally a PC gamer. I have a PS3 but I am an absolutely terrible shot when trying to aim with controller sticks (too used to a mouse that I can move fast or slow). Would this game still be enjoyable with such a malady, or should I skip it? (Or is a PC port coming?)

Not only is there a very helpful auto aim in the game, but the dead-eye feature makes shooting people extremely easy. You'll do fine.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

AxeManiac posted:

Is there some trick to breaking a horse? I'm in mexico and trying to get a hungarian half breed for that one chinese slave and I can't seem to capture any of these drat horses. No matter what I do, I fly off INSTANTLY. I've got this one whitish looking horse and I tried like 20 times with no god drat luck.

Do I need to do something to break a horse first? This is killing me.

Using the left stick and pressing the opposite direction of where you're leaning?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nomak posted:

End of game spoiler question!

So does this mean you cannot free roam as John after the game ends unless you saved before the ending? Are you permanently stuck as the kid?

Yes

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

http://www.facebook.com/notes/rockstar-games/title-update-103-now-available-for-red-dead-redemption-on-playstation-3-and-xbox/477037078974 posted:

A new automatic title update (version 1.03) is now available for Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. You will be prompted to download the title update as soon as you sign into PSN or Xbox LIVE.

This update contains the following new anti-griefing measures for Multiplayer Free Roam:

• While in Multiplayer Free Roam, if a player achieves a kill streak of 6 or more without dying, they will become a Public Enemy and receive a $1000 bounty.
• While in Multiplayer Free Roam, if killed three times by any human player and each death is within 80 seconds of respawn, the victim is given the option to respawn away from the area.

This new title update also addresses the following issues:

• Players now have the ability to swap shoulder buttons L1/L2, R1/R2.
• Players now have the ability to save game with cheats turned on.
• When playing the game with Region set to Asia, incorrect button prompts were displayed.
• Downloadable Outfits were not appearing in Change Outfits Menu after being unlocked.
• Invincibility cheat was turned off when activating Dead Eye.
• Occasionally, the player would not recover from being drunk.
• It was possible to have two player horses, with one permanently following the player.
• If equipped with the bandana, sliding doors would temporarily attach to the player’s head.

New patch is out. I've never seen that last bug but it sounds hilarious.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Stare-Out posted:

• Players now have the ability to swap shoulder buttons L1/L2, R1/R2.

Does this mean it switches L2 with R2 or R2 with R1? I hope it's the latter.

Definitely the latter.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It probably won't be up until 6-7 est like usual.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sir Spaniard posted:

Sorry to derail: Wtf, GT is out soon?

Came out yesterday :)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

So I'm thinking of starting my second and only complete playthrough of RDR today since I've only seen the end in spoilers and videos. What DLC adds to the single player? I want the most complete experience possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Red Dead Revengeance :getin:

• Locked thread