Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, sorry about that. Early on both PS3T and X360A both believed it was possible for the achievement to unlock by simply repeating levels but apparently you do need to actually complete missions for it to count. You could theoretically start a new game and get it though, according to the good people at X360A.org there are these many missions in New Austin

Bonnie Macfarlane (8)
Marshal Johnson (5)
Nigel Dickens (5)
Seth (3)
Irish (4)

I imagine if you skipped cutscenes and fast traveled a lot, you could wrap that achievement up really quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So I was dicking around in Multiplayer with my Bull mount and I was in this big gun fight at Armadillo, got off my mount to go Buffalo Rifle some dude and another guy got the drop on me and was about to hollow my head out with a rifle when my Bull came out of nowhere to run that dude over.

This loving game!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Does anyone have pictures or videos of the Legendary Mounts and Characters? I've seen Legend 1 and he's some sorta John Wayne cowboy but I'm curious as to what "Super Donkey" and friends look like.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Don't know if this showed up or not but the Trophies for "Outlaws to the End" have appeared, I imagine they'll be the same for Xbox 360 Achievements.

Looks like R* is returning to bullshit "Gold Medal everything" achievements.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Kin posted:

Finally popped that 100%. I was missing the Aztec gold stranger mission.

Now the only single player achievements i have left are the one where you have to kill 500 people with the mounted gun, kill every animal (i should nearly be done) and escape from the law on one of those white horses.

What value of bounty do i need in order to do that one? I tried just killing a cop in blackwater and escaping on the horse but that didn't give me anything.

The achievement specifically mentions you need to be chased by U.S Marshals which only come out after you've gotten yourself a high enough bounty. I forget precisely how much money you need to rack up in Bounty before the game tells you that they're coming for you, but once those guys show up just escape on the Hungarian Half-Bred and you'll get it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

RedneckwithGuns posted:

So what level in multiplayer do I get anything with a loving scope on it? It's getting really, really old coming into a Free Roam game and getting my dick shot off from 50+ yards away while I'm plinking away at someone I can't even see rendered on my screen.

You unlock the Rolling Block Rifle at Level 20, and the Carcano Rifle at 28. This is the sort of thing that should be in the OP so here is a complete list of Weapon/Mount Unlocks in Multiplayer. I found this on Reddead.net but the wikia has it in a nicer format

Hand guns:
Cattle Man (Default)
Volcanic Pistol (Level 5)
Schofield Revolver (Level 9)
Double-Action Revolver (Level 17)
Semi Automatic pistol (Level 24)
High Power Pistol (Level 35) (Can be found at Tesoro Azul Hideout)
LeMat Revolver (Level 46) (Can be found at Fort Mercer Hideout)
Mauser Pistol (Level 49) (Can be found at Twin Rocks hideout)

Rifles & Repeaters:
Carbine Repeater (Level 2)
Winchester Repeater (Level 8)
Springfield Rifle (Level 13)
Henry Repeater (Level 32)
Bolt Action Rifle (Level 40) (Can be found at Tumbleweed Hideout)
Evans Repeater (Level 43) (Can be found at Pike's Basin Hideout)
Buffalo Rifle (Level 50)

Sniper Rifles:
Rolling Block Rifle (Level 20)
Carcano Sniper (Level 28) (Can be found at Nosalida Hideout)

Shotguns:
Pump Action Shotgun (Level 11)
Sawn-off Shotgun (Level 18)
Semi-auto Shotgun (Level 26)
Double Barrel Shotgun (Level 37)

Knives:
Melee buck Knife (Default)
Throwing Knife (Level 3)

Misc.:
Dynamite (Level 16)
Fire Bottle (Level 22)

MOUNTS
"Legend" is like prestiging your rank in Call of Duty series, resetting your unlocks and rank back to 1.
Each time you "Legend", the rank in which you unlock items decreases. Please see the WIKI LINK at the bottom of the list for DETAILS.

Burro (donkey) Default
Lusitno nag (Level 4)
Turkmen (Level 8)
Cleveland Bay(Level 22)
Hungarian Half-Bred (Level 33)
American Standard Bred (Level 40)
Bonzo (Level 50)
Buffalo (Legend 1 Level 50)
Albino Buffalo (Legend 2 Level 50)
Super Bull (Legend 3 Level 50)
Zebra Donkey (Legend 4 Level 50)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It was sort of obvious that it was going to happen when John and Abigail have the exact same conversation on the wagon ride home from MacFarlane Ranch that Niko and Kate did on the way to Roman's wedding at the end of Grand Theft Auto 4. "Oh you think they're just going to let you walk away?" and "My duty to them is done" and so on.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It isn't that bad on the PS3 version where we get a hideout that can be completed in 2 and a half minutes worth 1500-3000 XP per completion, it took me maybe 2 days of playing to hit Level 50 by myself.

I'd actually go Legend if going Legendary actually had some real reward outside of "Hey, a new character no one will ever notice/New title no one will ever look at/a mount you'll get in like another 5 days time that people will kill you to steal" Seriously, gently caress, that's the first reaction people have to Bonzo the Bull: kill you to steal it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I love that Bonzo the Bull is just a dick in multiplayer, all it does before and after you get off it is just purposely avoid letting you ride it and attack random players. Either AI or human.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The beaver in the very top part is actually located in the small clearing near the river at the far northern part of the map, most people really don't go there because it's a little out of the way. I think I wandered there a couple times in search of Bighorn.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Lothire posted:

Any tips on getting the 500 kills for a mounted gun trophy? I figured the "And you will know the Truth" mission would be ideal since you just run around with a mounted gatling run in a tank-truck-thing but whenever the mission is over, my stats don't seem to change any. Not sure if it's counting.

Is it easier to get it online? I still have nearly every online trophy to do anyways. :sigh:

Go online, head to El Presidio, clear it out and throw explosives around until you get a Wanted level, mount one of the cannons (preferably one by the big gate near the front) and start killing.

Took me about an hour.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Whats up with the new racey thread title?

It's a reference to the racist owner of the Armadillo General Store, who likes to say stuff like "You won't find any Jew made products in MY store"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Mills posted:

I am finding it infuriating to get US Marshals chasing me. $6000 bounty. Nothing.

Try leaving, losing the wanted level, and going to sleep or just waiting around. The marshals usually need to find you after you lose the Wanted level.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Gyrolion posted:

Why so?? I haven't played much multi player yet... but the times I played it I had or no fun or lots of fun.. because 1 time I was fighting 4 other players .. alone. :(

Multi player is sort of make or break depending on how many friends you can get with it. I manage to get enjoyment out of sniping people trying to grind Solomon's Folly or taking on people at El Presidio with my buffalo rifle (its funny when someone on Legend 3 accused me of having a "lag box") to annoy them. Spontaneous shootouts with the law with random people is kinda fun too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

dropkickpikachu posted:

God dammit. I finally beat the game, and as the credits are rolling, it freezes up. This has happened six times in a row now and I'm super pissed. Thank god the final encounter is all of like 30 seconds if you skip the cutscene, but for gently caress's sake I want to get past the credits and save, at least. What's going on? Is my bluray drive shot?

Have you cleaned the bottom of the Blu-ray? Blurays get really finicky if there's even a small fingerprint on the bottom of them, had one the size of like a dime on my copy of Dragon Age and it kept it from installing. So try cleaning it with a kleenex and see if it improves.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I used that exact map to try and find them but I came up with dick. Is there a particular time of day that they usually appear or am I just gonna have to do circuits up and down that drat river for a few days?

I think time of day actually matters, because different animals have different sleep patterns in this game. Beavers are day animals if I recall.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Attention PS3 owners wanting to keep going Legendary but are screwed by 1.02! People with way too much time on their hands have found a workaround to getting Pre-1.02 XP for it

I haven't tried it as there's no way in hell I want to go Legendary but I think there are a few people stuck in Mid-Legendary so here you are.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So when is Outlaws Co-Op DLC dropping today?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

ShowTime posted:

Today (should be today, depending on when this post goes through. Tuesday the 22nd is the day i'm talking about) sometime. Probably noon-ish when the PSN store gets updated.

Oh? The DLC is like a regular PSN/XBLA download? Cool, I was under the assumption it was a mandatory update or something.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

FateoMcSkippy posted:

I joined a buddies multiplayer game. There were no NPC's spawned and you couldn't see anyone else. If you walked up to fort mercer it would auto complete (no NPC's spawning means you got them all!) and give you 400xp. Hit retry, 2 seconds later, complete 400xp! Over and over and over and over

Hello, New Solomon's Folly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Carbohydrates posted:

Head to a rooftop at Rathskeller Fork. You can build up a bounty drat quick and are very well covered - just keep a scoped rifle handy in case anyone gets too clever.

There's a rooftop in Blackwater that's also pretty good for it, I forget the exact location but it's a building in front of the train station which has only 1 way up so if you get some rear end in a top hat trying to kill you, you can just sit in front of the ladder top with your semi-auto shotgun and blow his brains out.

• Locked thread