Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
"Enough about sport, let's get back to politics!" :smug:

gently caress you Abraham Reyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Didn't Rockstar say that they probably wouldn't be doing expansions again? Because the time and money out into making and advertising them didn't turn into a large enough profit?

I don't know but I recall reading it somewhere.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Crows Turn Off posted:

Yeah, it's REALLY frustrating. Does the next level of Dead Eye open up depending on what story mission you're on?

Yes.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Martytoof posted:

Which song is played when you first enter Mexico? I think I skipped it :(

Far Away by Jose Gonzalez.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

My favourite is the guy who invites you to come and sit down with him at his camp.

And if you walk closer he pulls out his gun and shoots you right in the loving face. Usually flat out killing you. Otherwise, you'll kill him and find that there's a shitload of bones and blood around and someone tied up next to him that you can free.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Is there any downside to selling the bars of gold you get when you complete a treasure hunter challenge?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

No, just don't do it at Thieves' Landing, you'll get less.

Goddamn, right after I go and sell the first three at Thieves Landing and all.

Oh well, thanks.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Hey You Pifuckyou! posted:

But then again he didn't seem all that surprised when he realized who was coming at that fateful evening. I think he just wanted to have his final piece of normal, peaceful life with his wife and son, like the calm just before a storm. I believe he certainly knew it was very possible for Ross to kill him just because.

Of course he wasn't surprised, he didn't have any enemies left at that point besides the government. It's not that he knew they were coming, they were just the only possibility left at that point.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Catpants McStabby posted:

Bears.
Explaint o me why bears travel in packs of 9-12? I finish up the kill 3 bears with one shot thing, and find myself fighting off another 6 or 7 of them. Later on, getting level 10 treasure, i run into another 9 or 10 of them, all charging me in single file 3 or 4 seconds apart. I can't believe I hate bears now more than cougars. Knifing one will be impossible at this rate.

Also, horses. i did 17 missions with a hourse. Then I got that nice white one from mexico. Then I did another 16 or 17 when it got killed, and now I'm on some brown one. I don't have 20 missions left in the game ... so, am i now SOL for getting the 20 mission on same horse trophy? I don't really understand how it works, because my white horse has doed a lot of times, but once a bear gets ahold of it, it's gone forever? :wtc:

You can replay missions, I'm pretty sure, somewhere in the pause menu or something like that? I'm pretty sure that works.

Also, as for the bear things, gently caress if I know, but I once killed five of them that came at me one after the other because I killed one of them and skinned it and then I got ambushed by three all at once as I waited for my horse to arrive.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

Indeed. For instance, I think he's just some dude and the only reason I didn't kill him at the end was because I drank a whole bunch in Blackwater right before doing that mission so I probably missed.

Ugh, the ending where he shoots at him is such a lovely one. Does it change if you do bad things instead of good?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

TheRealGunde posted:

There is a song. But it stops if you jump off your horse.

Uh, there's no song at that bit, pretty sure. There's only two songs that play in the game and that's entering Mexico and heading home.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

So is there anyway to reliably start a game of co-op? Every time I try I get stuck on infinite loading screens.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Got to admit, the idea of someone chasing down and breaking horses without the lasso is pretty goddamn funny.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Hal Gill username posted:

Ok, I have a stupid question. Who the hell is the dark-haired chick on the cover of the instruction booklet (and lots of other promo stuff) supposed to be? Is it Abagail? She's the only candidate I can think of but that drawing doesn't really look much like her character in the game.

It obviously doesn't really matter but I was waiting to meet whoever that was at some point.

It's no one, just a random woman. I think she's a multiplayer skin, though, if that matters.

She's just some random person in singleplayer, though. Like the girl they had in the loading screens for GTA4.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Jtomeo posted:

Is it possible to have the negative and positive honor rewards at the same time? Do you lose one if your honor swings in the other direction? I want to wear the good guy duster and ride the evil horse.

You lose them.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Angry Diplomat posted:

Does this include the Obscuridad? Because the instant it entered my possession I shoved that nun off a cliff, threw a shopkeeper through a window, and did my damnedest to set all of Escalera on fire.

If I find out that my hellish rampage destroying thousands of points of honor made me lose that, I am going to be a bit miffed!

I don't think so. I mean, I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think it stays in your inventory.

You can definitely lose the Duster coat, though.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Renoistic posted:

Where can I consistently find raccoons and skunks?

Armadillo. There's a trick to getting them to spawn consistently.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Mr Cuddles posted:

Circle round the general store and after a couple of circuits they spawn in the brush heading south. It's very reliable and worked for me 100% of the time.

They spawn everytime you circle the block, usually. And if you go clockwise round the block it spawns skunks and anti-clockwise spawns racoons. I poo poo you not.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Renoistic posted:

Thanks for the help everyone.

By the way serious spoilers What's your favorite theory for the identity of the mysterious man in "I know you"? I'm leaning towards Death or Fate myself, but there seems to be dozens of theories. I also heard you can see him when John gets killed, but I've never noticed him myself.

You can't.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Chemical Shift posted:

I'm not too far into the game but I have a question--where can I find the beavers needed for the Daedalus and Son stranger mission? Is it just up in Canada which I don't have unlocked yet, or can I find them earlier? I keep looking along the river but I can't find them at all.

Just Tall Trees, I think.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Oh Fuzz, what have you done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Senator Woofington posted:

Any word when us PC losers are gonna get our hands on this?

Nope.

• Locked thread