Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
CPU checks.
You bet 10.
CPU folds.

CPU bets 6.
You bet 20.
CPU folds.

CPU checks.
You bet 20.
CPU folds.

CPU checks.
You bet 5.
CPU calls 5.
You raise 5.
CPU folds.

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010

TheRealLuquado posted:

2 quick questions since I just got the game and haven't seen them mentioned in this thread

1. How do you shoot over something when in cover? The cover tutorial went by too fast and I couldn't read all the controls. Like if i m behind some crates how do I just raise my gun over it to shot? I have seen a bunch of people do this in multiplayer

2 Is there a lockon tartget control? Or is it all free roaming targeting?
Thanks.

L2 is the answer to both of these.
e: f;b

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I was in an online Shootout and was taking cover behind some crates while pinned down from 2 guys who only spoke French.
We were taking a couple of potshots at each other but nothing came of it. Finally, I whistle for my horse and it comes trotting over.

One of the frenchmen, I guess trying to be a dick, pops up to attempt to kill my horse and gets perforated for his troubles. :smug:

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
How do you shove? L2 + O? (LT + B?)
Do you have to select your Fists?

I've been playing Jose Gonzalez's Far Away (aka "The Mexico Song") in almost constant rotation with other choice lonely Cowboy badass songs since I've heard it.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
Excellent, thanks. There's a small shove with the fists out with L2 + O is why I ask. Whenever I put up my dukes, though, the AI blocks it. Wonder what it's for.

They should let you press Draw and Fire at the same time to quickdraw some fools. That'd be cool.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
Yeah, by about the third mission you get the lasso. Then just hogtie them up, put them on your horse, and bring back to Marshall.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
Racing Tip:
Tapping the sprint 3-4 times before holding for a short length of time works infinitely better than mashing sprint until empty then holding until stamina refills.
Sounds so simple, but it took me a while to get the hang of it.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
You know, I like Rockstar games, and have played nearly all of them. I find them fun, but was never compelled to play them through to the end.
Until now.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
I tamed a wild horse (looked like a Roan, but colored grey-black) that was eventually killed by a cougar. After some time, I whistled, and a horse I've never seen trotted up to me as my own.

It was yellow/gold like Bonnie's reward horse, but the mane and tail were colored white with black tips, and were both very long. I'm unsure if it matters, but my guy is full Honor and about halfway to full Fame.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
/\/\/\/\ The melee the wolf ones were hard for me because the wolves would RUN AWAY FROM ME.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
I find it easier to hunt at night. If you get on to a little hill, stop moving, it's real easy to pick out little dark silhouettes moving.
You can see raccoons, skunks, and the like with pretty good visibility even over long distances on a clear night I've found.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
Instead of playing for a few hours tonight after work, I'm just going to watch The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
This game has gotten under my skin to say the very least.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I feel bad when people are chasing me on horses, and I try to shoot them but hit their horse by accident. Is that normal?

Also do I need a "fast running speed" horse to beat that story mission horse race, or will a "normal running speed" horse do? I tried it with the horse I got from Bonnie's mission, and couldn't win.

edit: wait, reading a FAQ, that IS an unusually fast horse? How come the other horses in the race were faster?

Well, sorry to break it to you, that golden horse Bonnie gives you is 3 Star Quality. The highest in the game.
That being said, there's no speed difference between 2 and 3, only 1 and 2. 1s tend to be donkeys and malnourished horses.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
Today in an online Free Roam during a Gang Hideout or whatever I went to go slide into cover.
Instead, my character bounces and flew around 200 ft. directly vertical. Died when I landed of course.

This is a small detail, but I love when it's introducing the teams in one of the Gang Shootouts or something and it's all:
LAWMEN VS... MINERS!

Then they zoom in on the character they've selected for you.
YOU!!
All the models look really good.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010

coyo7e posted:

I noticed something sweet today while driving a stagecoach.

If you hold down LT and tap the spur button somewhat frequently, the stagecoach pretty much seems to perfectly follow your waypoint. I was able to outrun a posse and reach my intended taxi destination without ever steering or letting go of the LT button while I was driving the stagecoach.

In the single-player, they demonstrate that if you're on a road you can aim while holding the spur/accelerate button (and stop steering) it'll generally follow the road. This is so you can make badass shots from horseback and such without tripping over a rock (some of the time).

e: clarity

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
/\/\/\ It's weird, your inventory/satchel doesn't save, but mission progress and challenge progress does.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
Could someone tell me the location of the You Know Me stranger mission, or whatever it is that doesn't count towards 100%? The weird one with the devil as the quest-giver.

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
Anybody figure out the online lobby?
You can smoke, chop wood, dance, drink, etc. but only at the beginning or until you do something else.
You can fistfight, but not all the time, apparently. Sometimes my aim/shoot buttons do nothing.

Is everyone beating me in the shootouts because they have LeMats? I know this is supposed to be for fun, but the combination of such long load times for a small event tacked with unskippable scenes on both ends makes it more aggravating than fun most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
I guess the honeymoon is over. Just see a bunch of spoiler blocks and complaints.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the first 30 pages/thread to the last 30 pages/thread on Games.

e: I don't mean to sound like you don't have legitimate bugs and stuff. I guess it's just pre-nostalgia? I'll call it a Fryhole.

Digital Scumbag fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 2, 2010

• Locked thread