Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

I've been wanting to start this up again but the main story doesn't have a horse made of god drat fire and that saddens me deeply :(

I've been replaying the main game and playing through undead nightmare for the first time at the same time, and it's really disconcerting to switch between the two and realize that my trusty old warhorse feels pathetic because he just doesn't have infinite stamina. And what must people think of John when he rides into town on demons?

This is a really good game, I don't think I can ever say it enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I had a hard time shooting him at all. By becoming obsessed with revenge and seeking out and murdering a man in cold blood, Jack has gone down the path of outlaw scum, the path that John specifically wanted to steer him away from. God knows what happened to Abigail with John gone and Jack just another outlaw. Jack is the worst.

drat powerful ending though.

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 28, 2013

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

I murdered every single one of them right up to Ross' wife just in case Jack got an ending like the one John got.

:stare: I never even thought about doing that. You people are monsters.

Although I guess I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to that sort of thing. I try so hard to resolve most random duels nonlethally that I get jarred when the game doesn't allow you to. I don't want to kill someone over a poker game, I just want to send them running to teach them a lesson. :unsmith:

Of course, in Undead Nightmare, I murder the poo poo out of every cannibal I find. I don't care that they're randomly generated and aren't bothering anyone, there are some lines that you just shouldn't cross.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

raditts posted:

I don't know why we should assume that Jack becomes an outlaw. Ross was a scumbag and the only thing that made him any different from an outlaw was that he had a badge and the law to help him carry out his murders, and got awarded and praised for it. That son of a bitch deserved every bullet he got, and I don't think giving them to him makes you a bad guy, that's just how you roll in the wicky wicky wild wild west.

The thing is though, that in killing Ross, Jack has become an outlaw. Jack killed a man (and in the case of many people in his thread, a man's entire family) in cold blood, and one way or another, Jack has rejected the better life that his father wanted for him, and embraced the same wild west that his father died trying to escape from.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

If you want a 1940s GTA you might be better off trying Mafia 2. It spills over into the 50s and 60s more, but it has more game mechanics to play with and its story works better.

• Locked thread