Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
If anyone wants to play Co-op or Undead overrun, my PSN is DexAppeal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Pretty much. The free roam has gang hideouts and hunting. If you're getting griefed, you can go into friendly free-roam. Did you get the GOTY edition of the game with all the expansion packs? This offers more online options (Shootouts, poker, capture the flag, etc). There's also a lot of free DLC on the PSN.

I went online last night for the first time in months, and I was surprised to see that this game still has a fairly active online community. It's good to know that there are still plenty of people enjoying this game.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I've been playing this again lately too. I'll probably be on sometime this weekend.

PSN ID: Dexappeal

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Aside from a brief venture into online zombie-killing mode a few weeks ago, I haven't really touched this game in months. That said, when I was last playing it, I was doing a replay of the game in the "Hardcore" mode that many goons have suggested previously - no mini-map, manual aim, etc. One thing I noticed is that cougars were much more prevalent. During my first play through, I don't think I ran into any until the missions started focusing on the fort in the Rio Bravo area. Even after that, I didn't run into too many outside of that area until I got to the Great Plains. During my replay, those things were everywhere. I would even find them in McFarlane's ranch, if I used bait. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Did they ever release hardcore mode as a separate download for those who had already purchased the game and DLC?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

That's lovely. I probably would dropped $2-$5 for hardcore mode.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Philip J Fry posted:

Red Dead Reich (THOSE DAMNED JEWS!)

gently caress yeah! Herbert Moon at the protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

serbp posted:

Also, do people still play multiplayer or is it basically dead?

It's been pretty dead last few times I've checked. If any PS3 goons want to play, I'm down but I won't have a chance to play until at least Monday night.

• Locked thread