Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

There's been some renewed interest in RDR over in the PS3 Games Discussion thread, one ultra topical goon hasn't even played it yet and was asking about the MP trophies. If anyone's still playing on PS3, maybe we can get something going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

DangerKat posted:

I am also in on this, PSN: DangerKat5000

I should have a lot of free time this weekend (not very typical!), too.

Added you and davebo.

titties
May 10, 2012

fennesz posted:

Heh, Doctor Nutt and Doctor Butts. It was meant to be, now you've got to make it happen.

I have a non-goon friend named Dr_Penetrator. I'll have to see if he's still playing.

titties
May 10, 2012

Now I'm reminded why I quit playing. I had a great playthrough where I had completed all the challenges that didn't require you to access the plains area and had made great progress on unlocking the outfits.

I played for close to 20 hours just hunting and travelling, waiting for the nun to show up with the Obscuridad del Santo Andres but she never showed up. I have it on all my other playthroughs. Eventually I deleted all saves in a fit of drunken (or synthetics-induced) anger and started over from scratch.

It's been almost a year since I last played, and I find myself needing 2 boars for one of the hunting challenges. The one time I get boars to spawn, I get killed by a mountain lion. I reloaded 7 times and never saw another boar.

E: Apparently the voice actor for Landon Ricketts died last year.

titties fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 26, 2012

titties
May 10, 2012

The lovely part is killing cougars with a knife. I managed to do it on one of my other playthroughs, but haven't been able to do it since.

titties
May 10, 2012

Static Rook posted:

It's me! I'm the lame rear end who's never played the game and wants to play some MP.

PSN: Static_Rook

I'm finishing off Skyrim this weekend, but anytime next week in the evening is good for me. Like, post 6pm Central Time. I don't have a mic and can't afford one in the near future, are there in-game generic responses? So if someone said, "Hey, we're going here and shooting this guy," I could acknowledge it?

The Playstation Eye functions as a mic if you have one. You can also use just about any bluetooth earpiece, USB headset, or like a rock band mic or whatever.

some guys posted:

Cougar knifing techniques

I've tried the lasso trick before, never had much luck with it. It always recovers before I can get close enough.

Shooting its paws works if you can actually catch it once it starts running away. I would get one like this, then get killed by the revenge cougar.

titties fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 26, 2012

titties
May 10, 2012

DangerKat posted:

What time are we thinking for this? I should be around, just don't want to get too engrossed in anything else and miss the posse.

I got caught up playing that stupid Stronghold Kingdom mmo. I'll probably jump on here in a minute, but someone else will have to lead the posse because I am terrible and constantly have to step away from the game for a minute here and a minute there.

E: Wow, I didn't realize how far off from local time the timestamp is, I thought you just made that post an hour ago or something.

titties
May 10, 2012

Green Puddin posted:

I might be late for this train but, if the PS Posse still needs a member I'd be glad to help out. PSN is HappyPantsDance

We never actually got anything going, but I'm always up to make new internet friends! I'll add you once I finish up my term paper and final, maybe we can get something going in the next few days.

Rascar posted:

I don't think you can actually lasso a cougar like you can a person or horse. It does stun them for a little bit if you hit them with it, though.

Yeah, you can't drag them or hog tie them or anything. They rear up and bat the hell out of the rope for a few seconds :3:

Also, deer don't like to be lassoed

titties
May 10, 2012

Yup, freeroam was good for that. When we were ready to take a break from shooting guys, we'd ride up to either(late game stuff)the cave where you rescue Jack from the bear, or Dutch's cozy little hideout and "hide out" there to shoot the poo poo.

Playing cowboys is still fun after all these years.

titties
May 10, 2012

^^^^ Play in the hardcore rooms, there's no auto-aim. Without expert aim it really does come down to who has the automatics.

titties
May 10, 2012

DangerKat posted:

Speaking of cheesing, would anyone on PS3 be interested in helpin' ol' DangerKat out with The Quick and Everyone Else trophy? It's the only multiplayer one I have left and some big old meanie head always comes in and ruins my chances by being good and actually aiming :(

My PSN is DangerKat5000

Are you still trying to do this? I can probably peel myself away from BL2 to help out.

titties
May 10, 2012

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Aw, motherfucker. I had forgotten the cougars were in and around that Chollo area. I thought for some stupid reason they were only in Tall Trees and got killed by a damned train of em.

Seriously, I killed 2 and another was swiping at me before the last one hit the ground.

I did have to laugh though, since the "KILL THE MYSTERIOUS JACKALOPE" portion of the game was solved about 20 mins into it by camping out near Bonnie's ranch and it just wandered into the campsite.

I can only imagine the "KILL THE WILY CHUPATHINGY" challenge will be solved with me camping out in the middle of mexico and it walking up and decided it needs to nap near the campfire.

I've played through this game at least five times and I've never even seen a chupacabra. It's the only animal left on the checklist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Red Dead Revenge?
Red Dead Revisited?
Red Dead Returns?
Red Dead Revolution?
Red Dead Retribution?
Red Dead Remooned?