Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Spitshine posted:

Seriously though, a double-action revolver is probably one of the most significant advancements in personal firearms up to the advent of magazine-fed handguns, since it overcomes the slower ROF of previous revolvers.

I'm no expert

It was. It looks like a Colt Police Positive, which for the time was also a step up in power in terms of muzzle velocity. Fired faster, reloaded faster, had a faster projectile. But real men use .45 Colt dammit. Or .44-40.

Also, here's some cheats and their effects I found with a modded save. No details on how to unlock them or the phrase needed; some are known some are social club unlocks and poo poo:

Again more end game poo poo, but I used some gizmo that lets you edit 360 save games. Enabled all cheats and got these in game:
Invincibility - hurrr, disables itself after a while?
Infinite Dead Eye - hurrr
Infinite horse stamina -hurrr
Infinite ammo - hurrr
Every shot counts - your gun kills in one hit
Rubber horse - ?
Money - $500
Donkey rider - spawn a donkey
Horse - spawn your horse
Coach - spawn a coach
Diplomatic immunity - no law enforcement
Increase bounty - hurrr
Decrease bounty - hurrr
Gun set 1 - springfield rifle, double barreled shotgun, volcanic pistol,
gun set 2 - buffalo rifle, fire bottle, sawed off shotgun, semi-auto pistol
gun set 3 - henry repeater, rolling block rifle, pump action shotgun, dynamite, high power pistol
gun set 4 - bolt action rifle, carcano, throwing knife, semi-auto shotgun, mauser pistol
punchout - instakill punch
famous - max fame
who? - no fame
good guy - max honor
bad guy - max infamy
so-so guy - neutral fame
change weather - hurrr, turn on repeatedly to cycle weather (Clear, cloudy/green tint in atmosphere, rain, thunderstorm, snow)
beastmaster - animals attracted to you (tested at macfarlane's ranch, two horses ran up to me)
hitchcock - ?
old school - sepia
guns blazing - gunshots catch on fire, random effect/disables after a while?
hic - drunkenness until disabled
sharp dressed man - elegant suit?
man in uniform "You cannot enable this cheat during any activity."
gang chic - bollard twins outfit, treasure hunter outfit, bandito outfit, reyes rebels outfit,
lewis and clark
jack attack kinda end game-ish I suppose, play as jack (irreversible loving lame)
right to bear arms - ?
rise up - riot?
dead eye 1-3 - hurrr
15 blanks that can be enabled/disabled, DLC?
Nothing for what you, me, and probably many others want :\

However, Rise Up IS in fact some sort of riot mode. I was getting shot up at Bonnie's ranch :o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Pitch posted:

A lot of cheat phrases are written around the game world. The money cheat is painted on the wall inside a mine, there's another one written somewhere in Sepulcro.

Yeah that's what I mean when I said some of the phrases are already known :) Apparently invincibility and flaming bullets turning themselves off is a glitch and not some retarded intentional nonsense.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mexcillent posted:

- I can't shoot pinkertons.

I was really disappointed with this as well. gently caress the po leece pinkertons.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Emron posted:

The last survivalist challenge is going to be really loving irritating.

It's not that bad. The one that gave me the most trouble was finding the butterfly weed in Mexico, since those plants are so relatively small compared to the others.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think I may have found another way to save the game anywhere - if you go into the options menu and change your aiming mode, the game autosaves. I don't know if it's saving my game or just the option settings, but maybe!

The options menu has it's own save file. I think using horse deeds will be better way to quick save.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

ruddiger posted:

So what's the 13th safehouse? On the Rockstar Social Club page, it says I have 12 of 13 with the 13th one grey'd out so I can't even see the name of it or where it's at to purchase. It kind of looks like END OF GAME SPOILERS a grave but it could also be a lovely spring bed. I dunno.

end game poo poo:

it'd be cool if a hidden save WAS a gravesite and when you woke up you'd be John, back to make the wrong things right. Stand aside annoying child, dad has returned :black101: :clint:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

abagofcheetos posted:

there is a 1911 in this? yesssssssssssssssssssss

Nope. There's the 1903 (High Powered pistol) that looks like one, but otherwise no proper 1911s to be had.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Crows Turn Off posted:

Just like in GTA:SA, there are rumors of Bigfoot in RDR. There are also rumors of a werewolf (both in Tall Trees, of course).

However, I can see it actually happening in this case, but only because of the sheer number of glitches and not because it has actually been programmed into the game.

Upcoming DLC: Skinwalkers appear in Tall Trees, harass/kidnap/kill Blackwater citizens. :v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Slappy Moose posted:

If I'm at the part RIGHT before the last mission, do I just have to wander around for a few days?

You gotta do the missions to get out of that terrible costume.

Then it gets worse.

Hope you made a save before the homesteading poo poo!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Is there anyway to compare guns in the store to the guns I have now? Should I even buy new guns at all? I'm already in Mexico and I feel like I'm just using the rifle all the time. And where do I buy horse deeds?

Start menu > Weapons. They have little bars for damage and such. Deeds are bought at general stores.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I'm doing some bounty hunting and the bounty managed to get on his horse and took me on a good chase up near MacFarlane's. When I lassoed him off the horse, Marston said "Oh, I'm sorry cocksucker!"

Not once have I heard him say this and I've taken in tons of bounties. I take it that line has always been in there since I didn't have a patch to download today. Either that or my Deadwood binge is doing my head in and I'm hearing poo poo :psyduck:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
If you shoot into a tree you'll scare out a bunch of birds. That's how I did the train -> bird challenge.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Should I make another save now that I've finished the mission at Dutch's fort where he kills himself?

Yes. That way you're not stuck in the god awful outfit the story locks you into for the remainder of the game.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Sco Dylan posted:

It's too late, actually.

Oh, drat. What's the latest bit before you get stuck in that costume then?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

El Seano posted:

What are all of your favorite little touches in the game?

How gunshots have a little *crack* at the end of them. I never noticed it until I hooked my 360 up to some different speakers, very surprising B)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
It'd be nice if one of those packs brought a cheat or something to the single player so you're not stuck playing as a spastic hooplehead and go back to being John.

Do we still need to spoiler that? Playing it safe but it's been over a month now.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Carbohydrates posted:

Hard to be survival horror when you've got three dozen guns with 750+ bullets. :clint:

You're gonna run out eventually :ohdear:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I'm hoping that one of the updates will feature a large amount of pinkerton agents added to the game world.

So I may kill every single pinkerton cocksucker that has the unfortunate luck of being in my immediate viewing distance.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Angry Diplomat posted:

Bear hunting is hilarious with the Buffalo Rifle. In fact, the Buffalo Rifle is just such a goofily powerful blunderbuss in general that I'm unable to resist using it for grossly inappropriate things, like obliterating banditos at close range or shooting small game. Did you know that shooting a skunk with the Buffalo Rifle causes it to vapourize? :haw:

I've got more kills with that thing than any other weapon. God I love it so much :allears:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Pfft. Brass case primer based ammunition? How quaint :smug::pipe: Jeevesbot, the blue fusion slug accelerator please.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Reiven posted:

After I got my achievement for killing the last buffalo, I reverted back to the last autosave. Now I still have buffalo wandering around in my game, which makes me happy.

I did this as well. Killed the buffalo as quickly as possible so I wouldn't have one lone straggler and reloaded the save.

Some animals deserve to live :unsmith:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Tewratomeh posted:

Plus, you know, you don't have to do all the rancher missions back-to-back, so Ross' betrayal might not happen until days, weeks or months later. It depends on how you play it, and nothing says you can't run around like a badass outlaw and be a rancher.

That god awful outfit you're stuck in begs to differ. :colbert:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Scoobi posted:

Does anyone know the best way to do the free roam sharpshooter challenge of "hat shot + disarm within 3 seconds" Does it always have to be in that order? And is it only on enemy types? I swear I was in Plainview and pointed my gun at a dude to get him to draw, shot his hat and then his hand and I got poo poo for it.

I seem to recall hearing that if you draw blood it doesn't count and you _have_ to nail the gun, not the gun hand.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The White Dragon posted:

For someone with a dolphin for an avatar, you sure haven't played a lot of Ecco.

Also, Duster Coat all the way, bitches. Sure, the Legends of the West costume is sleeker and looks more badass, but the coat is raggedy and you know it's had a long life.

The duster and bandoleer work so well together. The poncho covers the bandoleer which reduces cool points :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Well poo poo I guess it's time to start a new game again. If only there was a cheat to unlock all the costumes and weapons at once. I know there's weapon cheats, but I want to pick individual ones :argh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Which DLC adds the other preorder costumes? Or do we know yet?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

uncle jimbo posted:

Can you get the tomahawk in SP, and if so, where?

e: Purchased @ Manzanita Post, in case someone else wanders into this thread trying to find out the same thing

Aww, drat. I was hoping I could get them at the start of a new game :( Unless someone has figured out how to glitch into New Elizabeth.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Philip J Fry posted:

Get a bounty going at MacFarlane Ranch, then head north above the boar icon on the map into the rock formation; it should pop up as 'Tall Trees'. Then allow yourself to get arrested. You'll be taken to the Blackwater jail.

Holy poo poo, neato. Are the shops and items available? Can you fast travel back there once you leave?

E:

Looks like it was patched out. I had to clear my cache to get Tall Trees to trigger on the rock formation near the water fall. Why is there no game+? It'd be nice for beating the game once already, or getting 100% and "Oh hey, you want to play again? Ok, here's a full map! :)" or something :\

Haha and now I'm stuck up north, can't fast travel to New Austin.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 11, 2010

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Requesting DLC or cheat or whatever to play as Red in single player cause drat this rules hard.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Philip J Fry posted:

There's a mod that lets you set your own XP levels; I doubt anyone has legitimately ground their way up completely. I tried it just for the hell of it (only to the first legendary when I was in the 30's) and it's relatively fast and easy.

Did Rockstar ever get around to banning for this? Or was it something else entirely.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

King Cyborg posted:

Civil War, Civil War, Civil War, Goddamn it let the sequel be set in the Civil War.

Spanish-American war would be pretty neato I think :shobon:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Red Dead Redemption: Hola, si... err, hola!

Beeb fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 9, 2010

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Peas and Rice posted:

Red Dead Redemption: Hunt For Beaver and Cougars

Red Dead Redemption: Father & Son Hunt Cougars, Beaver.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Earwicker posted:

Tall Trees will be cut down, etc..

I'm sorry Nastas. You were...

You were right. Forgive us, we knew not what we did :negative:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Arthur D Wolfe posted:

Nastas really did get the short end of the stick, and that is saying something in a game where pretty much every minor NPC gets shafted. He was a kind, gentle man who did what he could to avert disaster... but all the world did was spit him in the face.

Red Dead Redemption: Red Man's Revenge :black101:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I really wish there was a way you could throw multiple knives/tomahawks in dead eye. loving cheating bastards at the poker table in Armadillo, it takes too long to put tomahawks in their heads and I just want to explode in a flurry of knives :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

A Quiet American posted:

I enjoyed it. Does the third panel imply that the cougars live underground? Because that's terrifying.

Graboid DLC featuring Burt Gummer and some new fangled explosive rifle please.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Dual pistol belt and sawed off shotguns as a pistol weapon and I'll be happy. I'd want to use the sights on the Sharps but that's probably too involved for DLC :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

If memory serves, the DLC coming out soon has seven new hideouts to play with. I'm guessing a lot of the stuff that's designed but not used will probably come into play there.

I hope the fancy mansion in Mexico gets some use. Agava something or other. It's just so pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Philip J Fry posted:

I thought that was a cool area, too. IIRC though, you only go there once to start a single mission and eventually you can't get into it any more. I wish there were more to do in some of these places because they're great set-pieces but never have any role in the story.

It'd be nice to have it as a property. A swanky villa out in the middle of nowhere, just for you. :unsmith: There's also an area in Mexico that's kinda tropical-ish, little blue streams and palm trees all over the place.

• Locked thread