Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

Lothire posted:

So I tried replaying missions in order to get the Spurred To Victory trophy, but I did 25 replays with no success. I used the fastest mission I could think of (Pestilence, where you shoot the crows away from the corn) and it saved after each one, but I never got it. I can only assume the mission just doesn't count.

Has anyone gotten it from replaying missions, and which ones did you do?

Is that the same horse for 20 missions one? Maybe it needs to be 20 different missions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Can you see different films in the same town? Or is it one film per town or something? (Not that many seem to have a cinema).

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

I just finished the Mexico missions and went back to Chuparosa because a stranger icon was there and everyone started shooting me!

What the hell?

I thought I was a hero of Mexico by now... :(

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Cat Machine posted:

Do you have any unpaid bounties on you?

Pretty sure I didn't at the time but ended up with $140 because of that. Oh well. I'll go try and pay that off (the only place seems to be there) and see what happens.

edit: snuck round the back, payed it (used a pardon since I was maxed out on them), met the stranger and didn't have any more problems, so I guess I picked up a small bounty somehow.

Also, why oh why oh why is it doing the "hero of kvatch" thing. Dear god, nooooo.

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 11:44 on May 29, 2010

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

404GoonNotFound posted:

Beats being a hired killer for the Jews :haw:

I guess so. Just had the nun show up with the rosary thing. Took it, put the bandana on and shot her in the back. Marston says "drat, I'm messed up."

You sure are.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

gently caress me.

I racked up a decent bounty in Blackwater to the point that no other cops would show, so I caught the train and rode around on the roof. Shot people and eventually got to McFarlane ranch. Up to about 3K by then. My plan was to go to Armadillo, hole up on a roof and get 5K and use a pardon.

So I'm surfing on my train and wondered, why is it so quiet? Move forward a bit and sure enough I can hear the train now. Except it's the OTHER train coming right through the one I'm on. "DEAD".

gently caress YOU!!! :mad:

Kiwillian fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 29, 2010

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

quietmonkey posted:

I'm pretty much positive the game time counter can be off because at one point it was telling me I had played for longer than I had actually owned the game.

The "Days Passed" is in-game days if you mean that.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

quietmonkey posted:

I know, and that was a pretty normal number. The game was telling me I had played for over nine days (after owning it less than a week) and spent something like 151 hours playing poker though.

You are so addicted to the game you play it in your sleep, or something :)

(the stat tracking in the game does seem a bit hosed though)

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Double post, but gently caress this. Friends In High Places is BRONZE? Fuuuuck you!

I am so mad at vidya games right now, let me tell you...

... at a camp fire perhaps?

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Hal Gill username posted:

It does seem like it would be pretty easy to miss the nun who brings you the rosary (although I didn't :smug:) She came running up saying "At last I have found you" just as I was riding out of town; if I had been doing the horsey equivalent of flooring it, it would have been easy to miss her or run her over as I think some people have done.

What we don't seem to know yet is whether or not the nun tries again if you miss the delivery when she appears (or perhaps accidentally grievously murder her).

I was on my way out of town when I saw her. I figured what was up after reading here about it so I jumped off my horse and got it before I nailed that bitch in the back :)

I wasn't even really trying to get all honoured up or anything, so yeah. I made short work of that with my 6.5K+ bounty though...

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Martytoof posted:

I just got to Blackwater and I can't figure out if my game is glitching or not.

I see that I have a house on the map and it's marked green. When I approach it, the house marker just disappears. The door won't open. When I walk away, the green house icon reappears.

Same with the gunsmith. When I walk into his shop, it's empty and the gunsmith icon disappears.

Glitch y/n? Should I at least be able to buy a house in Blackwater?

If it's at the Saloon, it's inside it and upstairs, not round the back. Same thing happened to me.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Fuzz posted:

And what the gently caress, I've seriously shot every animal in the game according to my stats, (yes, even ducks) and yet I didn't get the trophy. How the hell do I figure out what's missing? Killed plenty of horses both wild and domestic, too, as well as every type of bird I could find. (Hawks, Eagles, vultures, songbirds, crows, and ducks)

How do you find ducks? I was just in the swampy bit by thieves and I could hear them but hosed if I got any (I shot every bird I saw).

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

PhattWebb posted:

Try Lake Don Julio, southeast of Armadillo.

Thanks, I'll try that in a bit.

There's also owls too, if Fuzz is looking for more things.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Somehow, I got the "kill all animals" thing without actually killing everything... I shot a goat in mexico and found a duck and *plinky noise* got it.

Weird.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

The PS3 version seems to have gypped me out of two trophies, the ones for doing specific missions in mexico. Anyone else had this happen? I wonder if re-playing them will fix it...

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Kiwillian posted:

The PS3 version seems to have gypped me out of two trophies, the ones for doing specific missions in mexico. Anyone else had this happen? I wonder if re-playing them will fix it...

Since I finished, I tried one of them again to try and get the missing trophy. Did the mission, although I did die. Afterwards I get a message saying "You have completed a section of the story, but have not been awarded complete credit for it because you used the 'skip checkpoint' feature on at least one of the missions. You can play any skipped missions from the journal at any time to get credit"

What am I missing here? I vaguely remember skipping one mission but I have no idea which it was :(

edit: found it in the menu thingy. I'll try it again. ugh.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

What do I need to do to get the US marshals after me? I have full fame, $2674 bounty and I'm sitting outside the doctors office in blackwater waiting for it to open so I can buy some meds and no one is after me...

also, ENDGAME SPOILER OH GOD I hate playing as Jack, bring back John :(

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

ENDGAME SPOILERS AHOY

BizarroAzrael posted:

both play as an rear end in a top hat and keep John alive.

You can't John dies at the end (ha!) no matter what you do.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

BizarroAzrael posted:

I gather that, I meant just not do those last missions and get all the outfits and stranger missions.

I was gonna say your spoiler was broken but you fixed it, not that it is much of a spoiler.

Anyway, what they did has totally killed it for me. I'm done.

They could have had Jack write stories about John and the post-game bit is you living out those stories, but no.

I don't want to play Jack. gently caress you R*! :(

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

BizarroAzrael posted:

Not only that, but the Stranger mission weirdness and seeing the world hasn't changed at all in 3 years breaks the immersion, stops making the world seem alive. Also annoyed that I didn't get to kill Reyes or the Yale guy.

It's not so much MY IMMERSION but just that I spent 30 odd hours being John and now it's all Jack, who sucks and is a kid. Doing the "tippy hat" button thing with him at max lowest honour just sounds silly

I am probably being too pedantic or something, I dunno. :(

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

The most likely theories are that he's either god, the devil, or the personification of death. I lean more closely to the devil, for how he looks and his general manner.

I Know You and endgame spoilers
I think he is more like death with his shadowy face etc. Apparently when you meet him in West Elizabeth and he says "this is a nice spot" it's at Johns future grave. He could be a combination of all 3 since there are things that point to all of them.

I also recommend buying a newspaper after finishing. May need to wait a day or something. Or maybe you can get it beforehand? One of the stories is a bit :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Pees With Boner posted:

does anyone know how the war horse compares with the other 3-star horses in terms of strength/speed

I've had other horses keel over dead but never with the war horse. Also West-Dickens races were waaayyy easy, I even tipped the buggy thing over and still won (I assume it uses your horse). I usually suck at any sort of racing in games.

• Locked thread