Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I think I can honestly say that this is the first game that's been truly 'spoiled' in the sense that now I know the ending, I really don't want to play any further.

How it was spoiled: A year or two back my friend Steve was telling me about how he kept the same horse through the whole game. He asked if I minded spoilers, and I said I was probably never going to get round to playing it, so no. So he told me about how John dies at the end, and Jack takes over, but the first thing he says when mounting his Dad's faithful steed is something along the lines of "hurry up, y'drat nag" and he switched it off, affronted by the way the little poo poo was talking to his horse.

So knowing that, I really don't feel like playing any further. John has his wife and kid back, he has cattle and he has redemption. This feels like the emotionally correct ending. Knowing what's ahead for him, I really don't feel like playing any more.

I mean there are other issues putting me off, like the fact that not only were most of the later mexico / blackwater missions frustrating 'the princess is in another castle' rug-pulls, but the NPCs have the balls to tear strips off you for it. Not only that but I failed a quest three times in a row for destroying a cart or letting Dutch get too far ahead, only for the cart to crash and Dutch to escape anyway, 'passing' the mission. Also for the moment where Marston won't shoot Dutch because he's got a hostage, despite there being an entire game mechanic devoted to this situation. Just typical R* stuff though, nothing major.

Mostly though it's down to just not really feeling like I want to push ahead any further. Usually spoilers will just blunt the effect of the story's big twist, but in this case, knowing what I know, I really don't feel like playing any further. Am I missing out?

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If I take a break to play undead nightmare, will I miss anything by not finishing the game?

Sorry to seem like a massive tart about all this, I just have a thing about getting attached to characters, and if I can't then I kind of can't be arsed with the whole thing.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Playing through the finale is brutal. Every time something good happens to John I just feel more and more :smith:

I just bonded with my son and my wife is at home making me stew :ohdear:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OK now I feel genuinely bad.

sasquatch

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

Having said that, is Undead Nightmare worth it? It's only like $7.49 on the PSN right now, but I worry when they say that bullets are scarce (melee is garbage in Rockstar games), stuff like shops as well as the majority of outfits and items have been taken out, and that there are only a handful of actual story missions.
It's a lot of fun if you can stand the bugs. Bullets aren't really scarce if you stick to deadeye headshots only and remember to loot any bodies marked by an x on the map - also be generous when saving towns because it makes it a shitload easier, and you generally get back double in the chests what you donated anyway. For $7, definitely, just be prepared for bugs.

Wolfsheim posted:

Also, while I'm posting this, LA Noire is also $7.49. Worth it? I heard the sandbox aspect was basically tacked on and the detective stuff is basically babby's first police procedural drama.
The interrogation options make no sense and sometimes don't tie in to your line of inquiry. Even if you've pieced it together in your head don't bother accusing unless you found evidence. I failed a whole bunch of inquiries because I assumed the 'tells' that they were lying would actually be subtle, but they may as well pull out a pen and write 'I am looking away and swallowing nervously because I am guilty as gently caress' across their forehead.

It also has some of the worst Rockstar checkpoints I've ever seen in a game. It made an ok film (gangster squad) but it kind of only works game-wise if you imagine it as a 1940s GTAV mod. For $7, maybe.

---

e: to ask my own question, was there ever a fix for the headless zombies glitch for 360? It seems to be happening constantly and it's loving up my town rescues.

Also is the sepulchro fight supposed to be this long? I've gone through about 100 repeater shots, 60 shotgun shells and maybe 40 pistol rounds. People are saying online it takes longer than most but I feel like I've been at it for about 15 minutes now, this is getting ridiculous.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 9, 2014

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I got really optimistic the other day after finding out that downloading the hunters & traders DLC from the psn / xbl causes bugs if you have the undead nightmare GOTY edition. Deleted it, cleared my cache, restarted, reinstalled.

It worked for all of half an hour before I got another plague of headless villagers. Still, at least I managed to clear loving sepulchro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

Quick question regarding it, though; I found my first Horse of the Apocalypse just outside Bonnie's ranch, but do the others spawn in specific areas or is it random? I'd hate to be done with the game and not even two horses deep.
It's randomish. There are locations they commonly spawn in, but they can spawn in others. Their location resets when you quit the game though, so go to the following locations and if they're not there, quit and restart.

Google 'RDR [war/famine/pestilence/death] location' and they'll tell you the most common spots.

• Locked thread